Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
nbgreat
Never Been Great

Post Inner Balance Album (GP5, GP4, MIDI)

Hello again UG community! It's been a while since I've posted something so I thought of making another one. Influenced by other concept albums and rock peras like Tommy, Scenes From a Memory, Quadrophenia, etc. I thought that after making two epics
(The Glass and the Mirror: The Light of the Shattered Sun
and The Awakening
) and an instrumental (Shades of Green),
I needed to make something new and fresh. Something creative and I haven't done yet. So, I decided to make the concept album Inner Balance. It's about Paul, the older brother of Nicholas, who at the start of the story jumps off a building to commit suicide. During his fall, His life flashes before his eyes and shows us his life as the black sheep of the family while Nicholas, his younger brother, is the favorite son.
Paul shows us in the story his hatred to Nicholas and his misery in life and learn the truth about Nicholas's life as his younger brother.

Track Listing:

Opening Act
A. Prologue

Act I: Wind through my eyes
I. Man of Lies
II. Love and Hate
III. Soul Searching
IV. Love Letter

Act II: As my body touched the skies
V. Inner Balance
VI. Tale of Tragedy
VII. Last Seconds On Earth
VIII. Memories

Also, as I stated earlier it's influenced concept albums.
There's one band that influenced me a lot and if you guess the band and the album,
you get a prize.
Hint: They're a progressive metal band and it's their third and fourth album.
It's okay if you pick either of the two.

Thank you and good day
Attached Files
File Type: zip Inner Balance.zip (49.2 KB, 226 views)
File Type: zip Inner Balance GP4.zip (38.9 KB, 121 views)
File Type: zip Inner Balance MIDI.zip (40.2 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by nbgreat : 02-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.
nbgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
ultimate-slash
the punctuation mark

Dude, I've yet to listen all of it, I'm at II Love and hate at the moment, but to me it sounds almost perfect till what I heard so far:p
To me it sounds like an entire album from dream theater or something..
is that your influence? XD
anyways, do you have some lyrics for it yet?
I would love to check them out too, caus' I can't find anything in the music that gives me anything to criticize about XD sound really good in all, everything shapes into one epic album, I'll let you know if I find anything in the other songs that's worth mentioning:p
and if you don't have lyrics or anything, I'd be more than glad to help you out with something, because that's really what I mainly do for music:p

Anyways, I'm working on a sort of concept album at the moment too, only have a few pieces so far, but maybe you wanna check one of the songs out?:p

heres the link:p
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1070789

I'll get back to you on everything as soon as I've checked it all out:p

Down with the bedclothes
Up with your nightshirt
Fiddle about
Fiddle about
Fiddle about
ultimate-slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
lordofthefood1
A blank survey

First is first: you know it is good when you don't notice that RSE isn't being used. I know it sounds weird to say, but I usually find most of the sound within the RSE. This just blows away the need for it.

I've only listened to the first half, but I have a common thing going. I don't like the piano parts as a whole; I prefer the guitar/synth parts. I don't really have much to say constructively besides that.
lordofthefood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
nbgreat
Never Been Great

Thanks for your comments guys!
Anyway, about answering your questions, the lyrics can be found by pressing F5 or opening the score information below. Dream Theater isn't the main influence but there are some parts inspired by them.
The band I'm telling is a swedish band and has 6 albums in total. Their vocalist is very good and has the initials of D.G. Also, about the RSE, I didn't intend this to be in RSE because of my slow computer. Still, I want this to be as realistic as it can be so I think I'll try using RSE
about what lordofthefood1 said in his 2nd paragraph, I use piano a lot
these days because of its elegance and beauty in sound which I found in te album BE. But it's okay if you don't like it that much since we all have different tastes and liking.

Thank you and good day!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
Zao_89
BEADF#b

Pain of Salvation, The Perfect Element.

Edit: I've listened to the whole thing, and played along, and I wasn't bored at all. You should be proud of yourself because it's perfect.

The only thing I though you should do is put the lyrics on the vocal track, so you dont have to open the info to follow along.

Last edited by Zao_89 : 02-25-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Zao_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Ailes

Holy crapola, you really make good use of some spare time.
Absolutely no comments necessary, besides that if you don't have a band and record this soon what the hell are you waiting for ? This is (and I don't throw hyperbole around easily here) major-league stuff here, better than lots of famous bands I could think of and it would be a shame to the heavens if it ends up forgotten in a tabforum in a little corner on the internet.

The added vocals bring in really appreciated melodic depth, excellent ("unfortunately" this makes for a poor cover choice for me as I'm definetly not a singer).

Keep on truckin the good stuff!
Ailes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Skizye

Piano solo in Man of Lies is totally sick!! Haven't listened to anything else yet, but I definitely will when I have the time later, this is really good
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Zao_89
BEADF#b

*bump*

This thread should NOT be on the second page. EVER.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
nbgreat
Never Been Great

Comments and Your Prize

I want to thank all of you again for the comments especially for Zao_89 for answering
the question I gave in the first post and bumping this thread. I owe you one Zao!

Anyway, I'll answer some questions again so here it is:

Zao_89: about the vocal track, I put it in the Score Information so i can easily type it when I was still composing the album. I was planning on putting it on the vocal track but I got tired so I left it like that.

Ailes: Sorry that I forgot to reply in The Awakening, Pt.2 thread. I'll be as always delighted for you to record it. As for this one, I had some spare time this time because this time of the school year is where we do nothing You see I'll be graduating this year so we're doing our "goodbye program" for our school since after this I'm off to college. About the recording thing, It's more unlikely for me to record this soon since our drummer is going moving out of the country this April but I'm currently studying on how to use REAPER and other VSTs available to record the other instruments.

Skizye: I'm happy that you liked that part. If you want more that is similar to that, you'll find plenty more in throughout the album

As for the prize, it's actually for everyone :

This is just some of the tracks I scratched out off the album which I made in mid-January. To know more about the information of these tracks, Just read the Score Information.

I hope you enjoy the prize!
Thank you and Good Day!
Attached Files
File Type: zip A Prize to All of You!.zip (23.6 KB, 68 views)
Old 02-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
TYamaguchi

I liked your A Prelude so much i decided to record it.

TYamaguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Ailes

Quote:
I liked your A Prelude so much i decided to record it.

yesss! very nice. I assume this is all done with software sampling ? If so, here's some advice: "Humanize" the notes. For example, a "real" piano player would put some ritornellos and crescendos in certain parts, to squeeze some more "emotional juice" out of the material, and especially the violin sample will profit miles if you vary the dynamics, ie. play some notes softer, some louder, accentuate dramatic shifts and work with the vibrato strategically.
(edit: of course the violin is just a vocal track so that point would be moot in a 'real' recording)

Quote:
About the recording thing, It's more unlikely for me to record this soon since our drummer is going moving out of the country this April but I'm currently studying on how to use REAPER and other VSTs available to record the other instruments.

If you have any questions or need any advice about recording, Reaper or plugins etc. feel free to hit me up! Anything, if it means I would get to listen to your recorded songs quicker

Last edited by Ailes : 02-28-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
TYamaguchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailes
yesss! very nice. I assume this is all done with software sampling ? If so, here's some advice: "Humanize" the notes. For example, a "real" piano player would put some ritornellos and crescendos in certain parts, to squeeze some more "emotional juice" out of the material, and especially the violin sample will profit miles if you vary the dynamics, ie. play some notes softer, some louder, accentuate dramatic shifts and work with the vibrato strategically.
(edit: of course the violin is just a vocal track so that point would be moot in a 'real' recording)

it was a quick recording done just the way it was written vocals or not. No sampling was used. I am not the one that you should be critiquing.

[Edit] my english is not very good

Last edited by TYamaguchi : 02-28-2009 at 04:31 PM.
TYamaguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
Ailes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYamaguchi
it was a quick recording done just the way it was written vocals or not. No sampling was used. I am not the one that you should be critiquing.

[Edit] my english is not very good

your english is very good (hey, there are native speakers who can express themselves way worse). It was not a critique per se - it's great source material and it is a great rendition of yours. What concerned my interest was that you said "no sampling". So it's live playing of yours on a real piano and violin, I suppose ? (or did you meant "no sampling" as in "I used syntheziser-based soundprocessing"). If this is the real thing then of course I've wrongly mistook the piece to be of artificial origin (to turn this into a compliment, your playing is very exact and the sound quality is great, especially for a 'quick thing). What I said was (and you're right, of course, this is more aimed at the creator who really has to play this) that in a finished professional recording one can take some 'emotional liberties' in the delivery.

(-recording-) Here I sketched my own humble take on this - which is of course all samplebased, so the sound quality is much inferior. Just some ritartandos and crescendos thrown in for a bit more schmaltz (link also includes a streaming feature, like youtube, so you can listen instantly without having to download anything).
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
Zao_89
BEADF#b

So, I was listening to this again, and I think if I could replace any PoS album with this one, I'd replace BE.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced

This was some other shit man. It was certainly an emotional piece (or pieces) and it didn't seem all that proggy (well it certainly was proggy, but not forcibly so) which was something that drives me away a lot of the time from progressive music. I would love to see this recorded. I'd definitely buy a copy.
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
bassburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #16
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned

Holy dickass this is awesome. Bravo, dude. Bravo.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
DaddyTwoFoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: