Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Electric Guitar Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #21
masterpate
UG Newbie

Three days grace

Anybody know some good settings for three daysw grace with an available bad monkey tub overdrive, and a digitech grunge pedal, i haven't been able to find anything that works good yet. Btw my amp is a Marshall MG 10 with two channels, clean and overdrive
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #22
Punkrocker-lp
Hardcore Guitarist

gear in sig

i want a good Unearth sounds... for the song Zombie Autopilot.. or just just a general Unearth sound heheh but im trying to learn Zombie Autopilot right now...

Knobs...
Amp:
bass
treble
volume

Pedal:
Level
High
Low
Mid
Mid Freq
Distortion

ANY SUGGESTIONS?? plz post knobs as... "o'clock"
EX. High - 3 o'clock THANKS!
MT-2 MetalZone Pedal (if i need it)
My Setup
Old 03-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #23
TUMFP
Poetry to Prose...

any Clapton/Cream tones......like Sunshine Of Your Love?

i got an AD30VT so im pretty sure i can get close i just dont know how......i also got an Agile AL-2800 w/ JB in bridge......any help would be appreciated........o and a BOSS OD if that helps.....

UG 83 : Leading the way for Mayer fans worldwide.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #24
StJimmy

Boss Overdrive/Distortion

Well I have a boss overdrive/distortion, which is awesome with the right settings. I'm running it through a 15 watt Marshall amp, with a cheap Ibanez guitar. Sometimes I can get some sweet tones out of it, but other times its pretty crappy. Can anybody advise me on some settings?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:15 PM   #25
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by TUMFP

i got an AD30VT so im pretty sure i can get close i just dont know how......i also got an Agile AL-2800 w/ JB in bridge......any help would be appreciated........o and a BOSS OD if that helps.....

When playing Clapton, and Cream specifically, I use my neck pickup with a slightly overdriven bluesy tone. Not to much distortion. I usually set lows and highs equally at about 1-3 o clock and fairly high mids.

EDIT: I've found that some of his stuff after Cream, such as Derek and the Dominoes and his Solo career, that he uses a little more highs than in Cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...

Last edited by TNfootballfan62 : 03-30-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #26
Supernova5
UG's Astro-Guitarist

Hows bout some evanessence settings? thanx in advance!

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 PM   #27
mo5178
UG Communist

Quote:
Originally posted by TUMFP

Uhmm the avt sucks, but a marshall is neccesary. Clapton used a ES-335 into a wah left in the open position, then ran that into his Marshall Plexi. Clapton has always been an "anti" effect guy. So having a **** load of pedals isnt the way to get to a clapton sound. And by the way, even if you do do this, your not going to "nail" it becuase tone is in the hands. But id recoment turning up the bass and mids, and noking out a little treble, since you dont have a wah, just turn more mids up, and plug straight into the amp. Youll have to fiddle with the settings to get a good breakup sound. NOT a distroted sound, but a broken up sound.

hope this helps!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 PM   #28
paper-cut
UG Newbie

I got a new amp and my God did I need one! I only had a crappie AXL G10 but saying that I got some descent sounds from it with my Marshall jackhammer.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has some good setting for

Angels and Insects by Papa Roach

Last resort by Papa Roach

And Crawling by Linkin Park

A clean sound for Teen spirit by Nirvana would also be nice

When I do use my Marshall jh1 (Jackhammer) I only use the ?Ultra Crunch? (one of the setting suggested in the manual)

Does anyone have any cool setting? They would be greatly appreciated!

My amp is a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 212 and I?m using a Maverick 2005 edition species series

The amp?s I don?t have a clue what to call them but it has

Clean)

Volume 0/10
Bass ?5/+5 (0 being 12 o?clock)
Mid ?5/+5
Treble ?5/+5

Warp) distortion settings

Gain 0/10
Master 0/10
Bass ?5/+5 (0 being 1 2o?clock)
Mid ?5/+5
Treble ?5/+5
Presence ?5/+5

Speaking of Presence what dose it do exactly from what I gather form reading the manual it has something to do with frequency but other than that I have no clue what it does (I just leave it set at 0)

I have a tendency to drag things on a bit so sorry.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #29
mo5178
UG Communist

Even though no one has asked, i have found the path to the Jimmy Page tone.

LED ZEPPELIN 1 Tone

This tone is alot different than the future page tones, it has more of a thick fuzz, and more delay. Most of it was due to page's experimaintation and stretching of the blues.

Page used A VOX wah wah, and ran it into a Gibson(maestro) Fuzz, then ran this into the Maestro EchoPlex. He then put it into his old Supro. I have never played a Supro So i cant tell you the settings on that.

I acheive the LZ 1 tone like this

A VOX v487 into A FULLTONE sould bender, into A vintage Meastro Echoplex(for the solos) into the clean on my Deville.

For the guitar anything will work(honestly) I use The SRV strat at the bridge pick up.

This will give you that "honk" tone, which alot like Black dog, which makes me belive that one of the layerd guitar parts is played with a tele, a fuzz, and supro. Im not sure. Just the ears.

Led Zeppelin 2 through In through the out door

This was quite a difference in tone on these albums from the first.
He ran the wah into the amp, occasionally adding in some echo. Later on(after PHYSICAL GRAFFITI) he added in a MX phase 90(used alot in Zeps downfall) He ran the Wah into his plexi's. Turned up, for the british Crunch.

Here is how i get there.

For this YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LES PAUL. of some kind. I have been unable to effectivly get what i want with the strat. I get an okay sound, but all in all its just not quite right.

I run my paul into my Vox wah, into my Deville's Drive Channel. Drive around 7 or 8 adjusting the volume to fit the accustics.
I like more treble, so i turn the bass ALLthe way down. ONE AT ALL. any bass comes from the wah(mine isnt true bypass.) I turn the treb all the way up(i like it) and the mids around four. This may sound like a trebly idea to you. But try it playing heartbreaker on the Les Paul Bridge pick up, youll get that page sting.

Ne way, i just thought id drop this. sorry about the length. This may get you close to a Pagey tone, but remember its all in the hands.

Last edited by mo5178 : 03-31-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:05 AM   #30
Supernova5
UG's Astro-Guitarist

What is Mark Knopfler (i think thats how u spell it lol) using in Money for Nothing and how could i possibly come close to that sound? Thanx Dawgs...

Epiphone G-400 Custom - Fitted with a Original Bigsby B5
Fender 65 Twin Reverb
Fulltone OCD
Vox V847 Wah
Rotovibe
Boss Flanger
MXR Phase 90
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #31
wilty00
From a Distance.

Anyone with some Aerosmith or Van Halen settings? Im using a Marshalll MGDFX, Gibson SG Special, Zoom 606 Multi-Effects and Digitech Wammmy Ferrari.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #32
Morning_Star53

Quote:
Originally posted by Mascot
Omar has like, 20+ pedals so it'll be difficult to imitate his sound.
dont you mean 200+?

he did use over 200 diffrent pedals on frances...not all at once.....he used like 20 diffrent phasers and like 40 diffrent delay pedals
Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #33
DeSean
Banned

Anyone know how to get that sharp sound that Red Hot cHili Peppers have, when playing live? My guitars are in my sig, and i use a Roland Cube 30 amp. Thanks
Old 04-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #34
dropped-b

ok, here goes; to the man with the knopfler:

Knopfler generally uses strats, and his fingers instead of a pick. Also, in that particular song he uses a wah pedal as a filter, i don't have any settings but that should give you a good idea.

Now as for the RHCP sound, frechante uses strats, usually the bridge pickup, so with your strat if you've got a coil tap you're good to go, but if not then cut the bass on the neck pickup and boost the treble a bit.

Now, as for my request, i've got an ESP EC-100 and a korg ax10 G and i was wondering if someone could give me some good petrucci rhythm and lead settings, i know he boosts his mids and rolls off his treble for his lead, but i don't know what to start from, i need a hand.

Last edited by dropped-b : 04-01-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #35
lifeishockey26
UG's Marching Band Guy

what is the settings for Green Day's Holiday? I have an Ibanez Gio, and some crappy ibanez amp.
Attacks: Come on, it's Hitler!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:40 AM   #36
FlyingFuc!<
UG Newbie

looking to get the Thrice tone. the lead for The Artist in The Ambulance, Deadbolt, The Beltsville Crucible, etc.

Using Gibson Sg Standard stock pick ups
Marshall AVT 150 Halfstack with AVT 400 cab
stock speakers.

maybe running through a Boss DS-1 if it makes nailing the tone easier.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:15 AM   #37
Angry-Young-Man
UG's Iron Roger Vane

Ok I need the tone in Blitzkrieg Bop from an Epiphone gothic les paul and a zoom fire 30 amp. If you've got any settings for the Chili peppers version of Havana Affair that'd be great too.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #38
Disposable_Hero

Heres a good setting for a nice thick metal crunch.

Gain - 7
Bass - 8
Mids - 6
Treble - 7

I use that rough idea on my Peavey XXX cept i usually have the gain a little lower.

Heres another setting. Its a great lead tone. I use it on the ultra channel of my XXX.

Gain - 8
Bass - 7
Mids - 8
Treble - 8

Once again though i usually have my gain quite a bit lower.

Last edited by Disposable_Hero : 04-03-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #39
fargo126
UG Newbie

im trying to get a jimmy page sound from a marshall AVT20, settings please?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 AM   #40
Smitherz

mexican strat
roland cube 30

gain: 1
treble: 5
mids: 7
bass: 10
reverb: about 5 (not 5'oclock)

or

gain: 8
treb: 9
mid: 5
bass: 3
reverb: none.

i use this on my black panel or i switch it to my jazz clean channel with no gain, and the reverb is so delicious.

Rate This Thread: