Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > UG Contribution
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #81
slash.r0cks
Professional n00b

I added a Guitar Pro tab for a Foo Fighters solo and it was rejected. I don't get why though; it was original and it was a live solo.
Cold Day in the Sun (Skin & Bones) solo - Foo Fighters. It's not on my Contributions list anymore; should I resubmit it?
slash.r0cks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #82
JustLikeMe

WTF!! This Is Not For Tabs thread!
WTF? Where is my tab?!?!
JustLikeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #83
<<f1sh3r>>
UGs loser from New Jersey

I submitted two tabs, a couple of weeks ago,
1) I Think I'm Going To See You (Intro) by Showbread
2) Hook Line and Sinner (Intro) by Texas In July

Still waiting....
(maybe because they are both intros?!)
<<f1sh3r>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #84
Colohue
UG Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeMe
WTF!! This Is Not For Tabs thread!
WTF? Where is my tab?!?!

Seriously, not for tabs.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Colohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #85
MangeuDePoutine

Bass tabs

Bombay Bicycle Club - Dust On The Ground

A few week ago it was pending but now it's isn't in the tab pending section but im still waiting.

Thanks!
MangeuDePoutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #86
Colohue
UG Writer

Refer to the post right above yours.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Old 02-02-2010, 03:47 AM   #87
Frost_Power

Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption (deleted on Jan 29, 2010)
Deicide - Til Death Do Us Part (deleted on Feb 2, 2010)

I submitted these a few days ago and they are still not up, any ideas why?

EDIT: These were Compact Disc reviews

Last edited by Frost_Power : 02-02-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Frost_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #88
Colohue
UG Writer

Waiting for a day is not waiting. The content uploaders (Fox-x-x, JustLikeMe, Evgeniya) have lives and other tasks to attend to.

If you look up the user JustLikeMe, either from the UGC mod list or from my friends list, you can leave him a message to bypass this and attract his attention.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #89
DesolationJD

I submitted a review last thursday or maybe friday. Or around it, like 3 4 days back.
It's for the album 'We are the Void' by Dark Tranquillity

Thanks

approved on march 23
DesolationJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #90
ShredHead396
Banned

Why was my review of Niles Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren Ka rejected?

especially when absolute shit like this is allowed?

Quote:
Sound: Good music,good sound! Very brutal death metal,but i like Slipknot better. // 8

Lyrics and Singing: I cant hear what hes singing but thats how its supposed to be and i like it! Very good singer skills. Brutal! // 8

Impression: Cant compare with slipknots albums (best ****ing albums i ever heard).
The most impressive songs is Scars of the crusifix and from darkness come. Its worth buying if youre not a christian or some shit like that. Im 14 and playing in a band called DraKula.köp våran skiva när vi blir kända, tack! // 8
ShredHead396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #91
JustLikeMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredHead396
Why was my review of Niles Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren Ka rejected?

Too many spaces, very inaccurate. Please post your review to UG Contribution Forum and get it approved by moderators.
JustLikeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #92
Colohue
UG Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLikeMe
Too many spaces, very inaccurate. Please post your review to UG Contribution Forum and get it approved by moderators.

I'd also like to take a look at it and offer you help if I may.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #93
ShredHead396
Banned

^Colohue, were you referring to me?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #94
Colohue
UG Writer

I was, yes. I monitor this forum, but I'm not a moderator.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Old 06-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #95
ShredHead396
Banned

The sound of this album is very rough, and not sludgy, but a REAL kick in the cojones, so to speak
The production is a little '' muddy '' but you shouldn't have too much trouble picking out the riffs and such, the production is by no means a Burzum or Mayhem job, but it's very solid, and compliments the album is a very respectful way

I don't know too much about the creation of the album, but as far as i know, Karl Sanders was and is the primary songwriter for Nile, and he more or less wrote the entire album, lyrics AND music.
Though these were not his first set of songs, as he played in a thrash metal band previously called Morriah, so he already had some compositional knowledge prior to setting pen to paper for this album

This CD is usually classed as '' A Death metal CD '', because of the extremely low growling and the instrumentation, tremolo picked riffs and fast chord transitions, shredded solos etc

Overall, the production on this album is something that i am very fond of and it really does compliment the album as a whole, very nice job

The overall impression i get from the lyrics that have been written for this album is a very strong sense of education, emanating from the one who penned them, Karl Sanders

You can tell that prior to writing this albums lyrics, he had done research on some ancient middle eastern topics, and to name a couple, we will start with the first song on the album

Smashing The Antiu

The Antiu were a group of people that resided within the east of Egypt, and in a place called Sinai
The very early Pharaohs would constantly wage war with them, and the Egyptians would hold a festival, to celebrate this conflict that would be occur, i presume yearly, called '' The Smashing Of The Antiu '', where they would systematicly slaughter this group of people

Second example

Kudduru Maqlu

This particular song is an atmospheric instrumental, but what actually is a Kudduru Maqlu?

Well, i don't know what an Maqlu is, but an Kudduru in ancient Babylonia was a stone that the Kassites would use to document land given to Vassals

Here is a piece that i have copied and pasted from Wikipedia

The kudurrus recorded the land granted by the king to his vassals as a record of his decision. The original kudurru would be stored in a temple while the person granted the land would be given a clay copy to use as a boundary stone to confirm legal ownership.
The kudurrus would contain symbolic images of the gods who were protecting the contract, the contract itself and the divine curse that would be placed on a person who broke the contract. Some kudurrus also contained an image of the king who granted the land. As they contained a great deal of images as well as a contract, kudurrus were engraved on large slabs of stone.

And all of this historical information, in my opinion of course, fits in perfectly with the theme of Nile, which is about Ancient Egypt and other ancient foreign cultures and civilizations, and it is certainly a welcome break from the rehashed themes of modern and past '' death metal ''

The vocal delivery from Chief Spires and Karl Sanders is astounding, for the whole album there are loud war cries, low snarling, teeth grinding snaps, and rumbling wet growls that make you shake in your seat as your ears are assaulted with a constant barrage of blast beats and tremolo picked riffs

There is much knowledge to be found in these lyrics, if one looks hard enough of course

I am a firm believer in the statement that Nile are in a league of their own, which no other group/band has even come CLOSE to entering, this truly is a unique piece in Niles catalogue and is very different from their other work, instrumentally and vocally speaking of course

My personal favourite songs off of this album are

Serpent Headed Mask
Smashing The Antiu
Howling Of The Jinn
Ramses, Bringer Of War
Pestilence And Iniquity

Although all songs are very worthwhile listens IMO

I really love everything about it, but the only thing i truly dislike, is the lead playing

Horrible attempts at shredding, which totally bring down the songs IMO, it would have been a world greater if they replaced these garbage '' solos '' with some cool melodies for the next 15 seconds, not this shredding dross i constantly hear, but, they are not TERRIBLE, just not very musically adventurous, so to speak

If this was stolen or lost, i'd look for the sorry soul that stole it, verbally abuse him, and take my CD back!

But if i couldn't find it, then i'd buy another copy for sure, it's too good of a CD not too

Overall statement?

Great instrumentation
Great lyrical approach
Great Artwork
Great cover art
Great title
Great vocals

if you are a fan of '' death metal '' and you are looking for something different, then definitely pick this one up, this is in a league of its own and CD's like this don't come around every 5 years, thats for sure
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #96
Colohue
UG Writer

And what areas did all of this information go into?

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Old 06-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #97
ShredHead396
Banned

SOUND

The sound of this album is very rough, and not sludgy, but a REAL kick in the cojones, so to speak
The production is a little '' muddy '' but you shouldn't have too much trouble picking out the riffs and such, the production is by no means a Burzum or Mayhem job, but it's very solid, and compliments the album is a very respectful way

I don't know too much about the creation of the album, but as far as i know, Karl Sanders was and is the primary songwriter for Nile, and he more or less wrote the entire album, lyrics AND music.
Though these were not his first set of songs, as he played in a thrash metal band previously called Morriah, so he already had some compositional knowledge prior to setting pen to paper for this album

This CD is usually classed as '' A Death metal CD '', because of the extremely low growling and the instrumentation, tremolo picked riffs and fast chord transitions, shredded solos etc

Overall, the production on this album is something that i am very fond of and it really does compliment the album as a whole, very nice job

Lyrics

The overall impression i get from the lyrics that have been written for this album is a very strong sense of education, emanating from the one who penned them, Karl Sanders

You can tell that prior to writing this albums lyrics, he had done research on some ancient middle eastern topics, and to name a couple, we will start with the first song on the album

Smashing The Antiu

The Antiu were a group of people that resided within the east of Egypt, and in a place called Sinai
The very early Pharaohs would constantly wage war with them, and the Egyptians would hold a festival, to celebrate this conflict that would be occur, i presume yearly, called '' The Smashing Of The Antiu '', where they would systematicly slaughter this group of people

Second example

Kudduru Maqlu

This particular song is an atmospheric instrumental, but what actually is a Kudduru Maqlu?

Well, i don't know what an Maqlu is, but an Kudduru in ancient Babylonia was a stone that the Kassites would use to document land given to Vassals

Here is a piece that i have copied and pasted from Wikipedia

The kudurrus recorded the land granted by the king to his vassals as a record of his decision. The original kudurru would be stored in a temple while the person granted the land would be given a clay copy to use as a boundary stone to confirm legal ownership.
The kudurrus would contain symbolic images of the gods who were protecting the contract, the contract itself and the divine curse that would be placed on a person who broke the contract. Some kudurrus also contained an image of the king who granted the land. As they contained a great deal of images as well as a contract, kudurrus were engraved on large slabs of stone.

And all of this historical information, in my opinion of course, fits in perfectly with the theme of Nile, which is about Ancient Egypt and other ancient foreign cultures and civilizations, and it is certainly a welcome break from the rehashed themes of modern and past '' death metal ''

The vocal delivery from Chief Spires and Karl Sanders is astounding, for the whole album there are loud war cries, low snarling, teeth grinding snaps, and rumbling wet growls that make you shake in your seat as your ears are assaulted with a constant barrage of blast beats and tremolo picked riffs

There is much knowledge to be found in these lyrics, if one looks hard enough of course

Overall Impression

I am a firm believer in the statement that Nile are in a league of their own, which no other group/band has even come CLOSE to entering, this truly is a unique piece in Niles catalogue and is very different from their other work, instrumentally and vocally speaking of course

My personal favourite songs off of this album are

Serpent Headed Mask
Smashing The Antiu
Howling Of The Jinn
Ramses, Bringer Of War
Pestilence And Iniquity

Although all songs are very worthwhile listens IMO

I really love everything about it, but the only thing i truly dislike, is the lead playing

Horrible attempts at shredding, which totally bring down the songs IMO, it would have been a world greater if they replaced these garbage '' solos '' with some cool melodies for the next 15 seconds, not this shredding dross i constantly hear, but, they are not TERRIBLE, just not very musically adventurous, so to speak

If this was stolen or lost, i'd look for the sorry soul that stole it, verbally abuse him, and take my CD back!

But if i couldn't find it, then i'd buy another copy for sure, it's too good of a CD not too

Overall statement?

Great instrumentation
Great lyrical approach
Great Artwork
Great cover art
Great title
Great vocals

if you are a fan of '' death metal '' and you are looking for something different, then definitely pick this one up, this is in a league of its own and CD's like this don't come around every 5 years, thats for sure
Old 06-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #98
Helloween_rox
UG Fanatic

Just wondering, but wasn't my work of fiction supposed to be published yesterday? I don't see it anywhere but here still.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #99
MotMandre

Submitted: Lessons, category scales, "Third Lines Part III Ideas To Work On".
About 2 weeks ago. Just wondering, usually see them in 2 days.
MotMandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #100
ShredHead396
Banned

Hi, i'm still waiting to hear back about my review of Niles Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren Ka

Rate This Thread: