Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
WackZylde
Aspiring Rock Star

G & B Pickups in PRS SE Custom?!

I had the "Zebra" pickups in my PRS SE Custom taken out and replaced with Burstbucker Pros. I just checked under the PRS pickups, and there's no mention of PRS at all, it only says G & B Pickup Co.

Did I get ripped off? :O
WackZylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
deltacross

nope.. all PRS SE pickups are like that.. i checked mine and it was also like that.. G&B is a guitar pickup manufacturer in korea.. they make pickups of guitars and even of some well known brands.. all in all, they are not a brand they are just a factory.. i've read that they also make EMGs from korea..

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
deltacross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
sstony

The original prs pick-ups only come in the american models, those in the seŽs are not the greatest but theyŽll do for most styles of music. Playing an se and a american sisde by side youŽll really see the difference in sound tho.
sstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
deltacross

i agree to sstony.. we know that SE are a bit on the lower end than the US PRS so you would definately hear a change.. nevertheless, they are very good pickups for something that's stock..

Michael Kelly guitars also come with G&B pickups.. they were also at the NAMM..

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
deltacross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
WackZylde
Aspiring Rock Star

Thanks! Glad to hear.
WackZylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
sstony

SEŽs are good guitars man, they are priced for those who cant afford the high dollar ones which is what alot of guitar manufactures do. You cant play any better on an american model then on a korean one. Not to brag but I have an american prs, I still play the same on that as I do on my other guitars, no difference.
sstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
chazguitar
Chazguitar

Rockfield Pickups are also made by G&B in Korea. They make good pickups for the low price.
chazguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
necas00

G&B that i got on my prs se tremotti are pretty good!i play it through a peavey bandit 112 transtube 80w and mxr fullbore metal,and what a distortion it is..but just playing straight to the amp they pretty good overall= clean&distortion maybe a bit to muddy on distortion..maybe one day will change to seymour duncan distortion but till now im happy with it..g&b makes pups for lots of well known guitar makers..
necas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
bob.kalkman

I bought a Daisy Rock Stardust Elite (SGish type) that had G&B G113s "Les Paul" which looked like PAFs. This guitar is unique as the body is Chinese Sycamore, which is kind of dead, and just a little brighter than mahogany. The G&Bs were okay, a little dull, and squealed around large PAs. SD pups based on Alnico II brought this guitar alive. My band mates were immediately pleased, and so was I. I did double the value of the guitar I got on clearance, but I love this guitar and gig, so the investment in SDs was worth it.
bob.kalkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: