Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
xLTGx

Parkway Drive tone (using Boss ML-2)

ok so im using a schecter revenger fr through a ashton 10W amp (im getting a new one in the next month or so) and i am using the Boss ML-2 Metalcore pedal. I'm trying to get a good PWD tone for the songs 'Carrion', 'Smoke 'em if ya got 'em, and 'Its hard to speak without a tongue'. I've looked at the amp settings thread so ive got my amp set to that but i was wondering if anyone knows how to better the tone with the ML-2 settings? The settings on the pedal are 'Level' 'Low' 'High' and 'Distortion'. If anyone can help will be greatly appreciated thanks
xLTGx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
nightraven
?

you can't get any tone that was done in the studio with a really bad practice amp and the worst distortion pedal ever made. sorry

wait till you've got a new amp.
nightraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
xLTGx

yeah the amp really sucks but i think the pedals great, i mean sure its hardly versitile its only really for one or two different sounds but it does what its made for well. what pedal and amp would you recommend? my price range for the amp is 1500$ (NZ)
Old 05-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
halvies
Bonjourno

I would suggest a Peavey 6505+ or 5150(since those are the amps they use), but its $3000 in NZ. So otherwise, i think a tube amp with decent tube OD and and actual OD pedal infront of it, will probably push it into PWD territory. Im thinking maybe a Tiny Terror, Classic 30, Blackheart Little Giant, and others. Just go to your guitar story over there and try everything out.
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
[[BurnTheDusk]]
Call me Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLTGx
yeah the amp really sucks but i think the pedals great, i mean sure its hardly versitile its only really for one or two different sounds but it does what its made for well. what pedal and amp would you recommend? my price range for the amp is 1500$ (NZ)

Only good for 2 sounds.

Off.
And
Broken.

EDIT: Can someone translate $1500 NZD into USD ?

So I herd U Liek Listening to me play Muzak.

My Rig > My Sig.
My FS / FT thread.
[[BurnTheDusk]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
DaddyBarbs
UG Freak

^even if you figure out how much $1500 is worth, amps still cost much more in NZ
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
DaddyBarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
DaddyBarbs
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvies
I would suggest a Peavey 6505+ or 5150(since those are the amps they use), but its $3000 in NZ. So otherwise, i think a tube amp with decent tube OD and and actual OD pedal infront of it, will probably push it into PWD territory. Im thinking maybe a Tiny Terror, Classic 30, Blackheart Little Giant, and others. Just go to your guitar story over there and try everything out.

tbh i would go with a bugera 6260 if they have them there
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
DaddyBarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 AM   #8
xLTGx

thanks for the replies. i was thinking of getting a peavy but we have one at the school music room and annoys the hell out of me lol. do you guys know anything about the Line Six III 120W? and yeah i definately need to try before i buy. and also whats so bad about the ML-2?? its far better than the MT-2 imo..
Old 05-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #9
espguitar//
UG No.1 SilentHill fan

bugera amp heads retail for about $1500 in nz.
but u may have to wait a bit longer so u can get a cab too.

If ur lucky u might find a used 5150 for about $1200. but i doubt it.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #10
GibsonTheGuitar
BLOOD OCEAN

Dude, get a Bugera. 5150s are the way you want to go, but they are way too expensive in Australia and New Zealand. The best tone you'll get for an affordable price will be a Bugera 6260 or maybe a 333.
GibsonTheGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
xLTGx

thanks, but i have heard things bout Bugera's being unreliable??? and if i want the right amp i guess im prepared to pay the extra price it will just take longer to get is all. and if i did get a 5150 do you think i would need a Distortion pedal still or will the amp have enough grunt? (im a noob when it comes to amps etc. lol)
Old 05-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #12
espguitar//
UG No.1 SilentHill fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLTGx
thanks, but i have heard things bout Bugera's being unreliable??? and if i want the right amp i guess im prepared to pay the extra price it will just take longer to get is all. and if i did get a 5150 do you think i would need a Distortion pedal still or will the amp have enough grunt? (im a noob when it comes to amps etc. lol)

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt one guy from PWD use a 5150 head, maxon OD, ISP decimator and a BBE sonic stomp.

Anyway.
5150 is grunty enough but with an OD is really tightens it up.

Not sure if your familiar with antagonist AD (there tone is similar to PWD) but kris used that exact set up above (with a tuner) with an Bogner Uberscall cab on there latest record. Sounds mean to me
Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #13
espguitar//
UG No.1 SilentHill fan

oh and if price isnt an issue you can get a 6505+ amp head new in nz for about $2990
but if your really wanting to splash out check out splawn amps
Old 05-17-2009, 07:10 AM   #14
GibsonTheGuitar
BLOOD OCEAN

If you can save, get a 5150.

Or alternatively just message Parkway on myspace and ask what gear they are using. They are pretty nice guys.
GibsonTheGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #15
xLTGx

thanks and yeah antagonist are a kiwi band im seeing them on the 29th of this month i think i will get a 5150 but im new to amps so how much would the head cost and what about the cab???
Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #16
espguitar//
UG No.1 SilentHill fan

BUMP..
back to what i was saying... finding a used 5150 in NZ may be difficult.. but if ur lucky enough they got for about $1200-1600 and finding a cab with some nice v30's will probley set u back about $800-1000
Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #17
xLTGx

okay thanks. ive got a 12 month interest free voucher at the music shop so im gonne use that and get the 5150 head .
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #18
signedinbloodnz

they don't sell 5150 anymore.
and rockshop is the only one that stocks 5153, but we don't have any of them in the country atm so rockshop can't get them in.

go for a decent combo, you don't have a cab to play a head through

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
signedinbloodnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #19
halvies
Bonjourno

I think the 5150's are now 3120's. But they dont come cheap, especially in our part of the world. You could prob get a used head in your price range but you might need to save a bit more for a cab. Or you could look into the 6505 combo that is coming out. Though im not sure when that will hit stores in NZ
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #20
xLTGx

yeah the 6505 took the 5150's place im looking into getting a 6505 if i can find one otherwise i might have to go with the 6505 combo. which will probly be a better idea as i have been playing only a year and have a crappy ashton lol.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: