Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
R0B0_Ninja

Schecter Solo-6 Classic

OK. I stumbled across a video demo of a "Schecter Solo-6 Classic".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Ly_M9Wjg4

It looks like a guitar that suits all my needs: Gibson like body, 24 frets, seymore duncan pickups, awesome finish and an affordable price.

The snag is: I havn't found any local stores that stock it, and there are no reviews to be found on the Internet. You get nearly no hits on google. There is nearly no mentioning of it.

To me it seems like he perfect axe for the price, It just seems dodgy, that I can't find a single review.

What do I do?
R0B0_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Misticalz
UGs Triangle Player

W/ a guitar player like that, anything could sound good.

Misticalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Rob Rock
In need of a 7 string

you would try and see if any of the guitar shops near you can order one so you can play it. the reason you cant find many reviews is that its a new model for this year and that there arent many of the solo-6's about yet.
hope that helped you
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Rob Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
Hakael
UG's Six String Samurai

From what I understand, that's a really new release. Finding many reviews is going to be really hard at this point. I'm eager myself to see if I can find any just to get a hold of one. Thankfully I have a Schecter dealer nearby, they just haven't gotten one in yet.

Internet-wise, try Drumcityguitarland.com.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
stratdud39
Hi

it seems a lot like a schecter c-1 classic...why not just get that?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:34 AM   #6
Manncubb

Bla-bla-bla

Hey there,....I purchased a Solo 6 Hellraiser with the EMG's loaded in it a couple weeks ago after playing it for three minuites,....It was incredible for the money,...better than any Gibson Les Paul I have "EVER" played. I was on a mission to find a good "Paul" at the local store but all of them had issues,...Gibson certainly needs better quality control,..anyway...The salesman pulled this Solo 6 off the wall and handed it to me and called it the "poor mans PRS"...After trying it for a matter of a few minuites,..I was very impressed. It feels like a Gibson "should" feel, has the coil taps that turn this thing into single coils or full humbuckers...awesome output,...The feel of the neck is superb and the fretwork is impeccable...This guitar is "WAY WELL WORTH PURCHASING",..as a matter of fact, I am probably going to get one more and sell my other guitars since this one does all that I need and want....Just plain awesome my friend,...just so you know!!...
Manncubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 AM   #7
SuperFlyinMonke
Smooth Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manncubb
Hey there,.......This guitar is "WAY WELL WORTH PURCHASING",..as a matter of fact, I am probably going to get one more and sell my other guitars since this one does all that I need and want....Just plain awesome my friend,...just so you know!!...

*reported*

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1
SuperFlyinMonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
GuitarDTO

I havent seen the classic up close, but I was looking hard at both the classic and the hellraiser until I went to guitar center. The quality on the fretboard and the cheap looking binding covering the guitar (the hellraiser) immediately changed my mind. Every Gibson Les Paul I picked up felt higher quality than the Schecter. I didnt want them to, the Schecter on paper has so much to offer for the money.....but the look and feel just didnt do it for me. My only advice would be, make sure to look at one of these in the store before you buy it to make sure its right for you.
GuitarDTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
azn_guitarist25
not who you think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyinMonke
*reported*

wait what? why did you report it?
azn_guitarist25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Dragonis

I actually am looking to get one of these Solo-6 Classics. I personally love schecter, I have a Hellraiser and its a sweet guitar. I'm planning to go up to GC today and see if they got a solo 6 i can try out. For some reason I'm drawn to the slightly Odd preportions of a Les Paul style body.

And like other said, the reason that you cant find any reviews is because these guitars were released like a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDTO
I havent seen the classic up close, but I was looking hard at both the classic and the hellraiser until I went to guitar center. The quality on the fretboard and the cheap looking binding covering the guitar (the hellraiser) immediately changed my mind. Every Gibson Les Paul I picked up felt higher quality than the Schecter. I didnt want them to, the Schecter on paper has so much to offer for the money.....but the look and feel just didnt do it for me. My only advice would be, make sure to look at one of these in the store before you buy it to make sure its right for you.

The price difference between a schecter and a gibson isn't even comparable. You can get a new solo-6 for like $800 while a brand new Les Paul will put you well into the $2000 range, and even if you go for a used les paul its still going to be a few hundred dollars more expensive then the new solo-6 anyway.

Basically it comes down to preference and which brands you actually like. I like schecters, therefor I'm drawn to the solo-6 more so then a standard Les Paul.
Also I dont want to pay more then 800 for my next guitar. I'm on a tight budget after this next purchase.

Last edited by Dragonis : 06-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Dragonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #11
Hakael
UG's Six String Samurai

GC stocks 'em if you have one nearby. I know the one near me has one. Plays really nice and if I had the money, I'd already have one.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
Dragonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakael
GC stocks 'em if you have one nearby. I know the one near me has one. Plays really nice and if I had the money, I'd already have one.

sweet, that should mean I dont have to call them up ahead of time and ask if they got it. I'm heading up there as soon as I get out of work... and I'll have the money for one by next week. Yay. I'm going for the Classic because I want a guitar with passive pups, since i already have EMGs in my hellraiser. Also want a guitar without a FR, since I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I got the hellraiser FR. Its not that I don't like it, its just a pain in the ass to set up and i never had experience with a FR till I bought it. I've learned how the FRs work now, but its still a pain in the ass to set up, so I just keep it in standard constantly and try not **** with it too much

I'll give you some feedback on how they play when i get back.

Last edited by Dragonis : 06-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
SuperFlyinMonke
Smooth Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_guitarist25
wait what? why did you report it?

I guess my eyes can detect spam better than yours. That account was created today and only made one post, to get TS to buy the advertised product.

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1
SuperFlyinMonke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
Dragonis

bah... they didn't have it when I went up there. *smacks head* Oh well I played a bunch of other guitars while I was up there. like 12+ a bunch of different acoustics and then later electrics. I tried a bunch of les paul style guitars, I played about 3 different gibsons, 2 LTDs, and one PRS they had sitting around... Honestly the PRS felt the best to me out of all of them.

I'm going to go back when they get the schecters in stock and try them out. I just really like schecter necks, they feel very comfortable in my hands.

I also played a 12 string takamine while i was up there that i fell in love with. i wish i looked at what model it was.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #15
Manncubb

Question My post reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyinMonke
I guess my eyes can detect spam better than yours. That account was created today and only made one post, to get TS to buy the advertised product.

My message is absolutely not spam,...superflyinmonke,...It may seem like spam maybe a little bit after reading it back to myself,...but I truely love this guitar...I do not work for Schecter, or guitar center...or anyone as a matter of fact as i was laid off like many other people in this economy. So you reporting this as spam because I only posted once to this forum is absurd...I dont spend countless hours writing posts on one subject. My opinion of this guitar stands...It is an outstanding instrument plain and simple, and I think Schecter deserves credit for thier efforts as an "independant consumer". By the way if you need a case for this guitar it took me a while to find one though...You need a SGR-9SC case for this guitar through Schecter,... as most cases dont fit it...The Case from schecter form fits the body....It does not fit a Les Paul case if you try that one.

Last edited by Manncubb : 06-10-2009 at 03:46 AM. Reason: extra comments needed
Old 06-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #16
Manncubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDTO

I don't get that one,..The Solo 6 I bought was beautiful, and played and felt better Than the Les Pauls I played. But yes it is personal preference. The Gibbys had fret problems in the upper registers at the store like my old one, would play in tune till you hit the 12th fret and up, no matter how well you tuned them they all sucked at some point in the fingerboard. I had a Les Paul studio and had to return it cause the truss rod didnt work...Then the one I got after that in replacement the 13th fret was in a "DIP" because Gibson never leveled the fingerboard at the factory before they fretted it, I had to get the guitar refretted and leveled to the point that the block inlays almost got rubbed through completely. I wanted Gibson to be good,..I really did,...but the Solo 6 was so much better for less than half the cost. And no this isn't spam!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Fritze01

I too have been keeping an eye out for one, and sadly one just sold on ebay for $610.00, used but mint shape.

I own a Schecter CI Exotic Star and like it so much I am looking at a Solo 6 Classic for a Les Paul style axe.

You are right, not many reviews on it, you are also right about scotty heards review, he would make a two by four sound good,lol.

All the musicians and guitar techs whom see my Schecter have been impressed with it, both the one I have and the Solo 6 Classic are flashy guitars I will give you that.

Whats that saying, chrome don't get you home, none the less I still freakin want one.
Fritze01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
GuernZila
Banned

i am also looking onto this solo-6 classic if i can find one used around the $700 range. im also looking at the esp ltd ec-1000 (amber with duncans). im selling my epi explorer on ebay soon to help pay for a new gtar for xmas
im hopeing the guitar center in canton (about 45 min drive) will have atleast one of these two so i can try them out. my friend has an esp h-1001 and i really liked the neck and ec-1000 has the same. i havent tried any schecters recently but i plan on it next weekend.
GuernZila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #19
Fritze01

Well a Solo 6 Custom came up on Ebail and I snagged it for $400.00, it had been used as a display in someones basement, mint shape. I had a setup done on it and she is a beautiful thiang, two luthiers whom have handled it said they were very impressed.

Solo 6 Custom Top

Right after I spent my guitar slush fund on it a Solo 6 classic popped up on ebail too, lol.

Forgot to mention, sold the C-1 Red Star after I picked up my C-1 Classic which I also picked up on Ebail for $400.00 about a year ago, it was also in mint shape and came professional setup.

Fritzes Sexy Bitch

Last edited by Fritze01 : 02-08-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Fritze01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
Sethis

12-07-2009
Wow, just wow. That's some mad skills there.
Sethis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: