Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #61
Stranglehold
Moderator
 
Stranglehold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Riding the wings of death (and all of yer mothers)
Grind - crust = thrashcore

But trashcore = k(grind)/2x

If 2x = hardcore^2, then what is the value for grind?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #62
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
Grind - crust = thrashcore

But trashcore = k(grind)/2x

If 2x = hardcore^2, then what is the value for grind?

I actually got a pen and paper out. Give me a minute.
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #63
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
 
Magero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum (via Ace Chemicals Co.)
I'm not gonna even bother heartworking this out.
__________________
The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction...

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #64
Stranglehold
Moderator
 
Stranglehold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Riding the wings of death (and all of yer mothers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
I actually got a pen and paper out. Give me a minute.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #65
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Grind = thrashcore(hardcore^2)/k

Properly worked out, through equation t=kg/h^2
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
freddaahh
A jolly nice chap
 
freddaahh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Blighty! Wahey!
I have to be in the mood for Grindcore, which I'm not most of the time, but when I'm in the mood for absolute chaos, something like Agoraphobic Nosebleed is brilliant. First modern Grindcore band I've heard who I actually enjoy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
freddaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #67
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Hopefully you listen to the stuff that was out before their cybergrind shit.
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #68
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
 
Magero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum (via Ace Chemicals Co.)
My band is playing with The Berzerker.
....
*wanders off quietly*
__________________
The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction...

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #69
freddaahh
A jolly nice chap
 
freddaahh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Blighty! Wahey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
Hopefully you listen to the stuff that was out before their cybergrind shit.


Don't know enough about the genre to actually define cybergrind, but I fear that I'm listening to it anyway.

Link to their stuff you prefer?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
freddaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #70
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
xNEGATRONx is working on grind material now, as well as pop punk.

Expect a full length in around September.
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #71
Stranglehold
Moderator
 
Stranglehold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Riding the wings of death (and all of yer mothers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
Grind = thrashcore(hardcore^2)/k

Properly worked out, through equation t=kg/h^2





Heres a gold star! Youve earned it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Stranglehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #72
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddaahh
Don't know enough about the genre to actually define cybergrind, but I fear that I'm listening to it anyway.

Link to their stuff you prefer?


Good stuff right there.

I accidentally said cybergrind, where I meant nu-grind. Example:


They have programmed drums I'm pretty sure, if you wanna go to call that cyber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranglehold
Heres a gold star! Youve earned it

Cheers dude, I shall wear it with honour (in sig)
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #73
freddaahh
A jolly nice chap
 
freddaahh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Blighty! Wahey!
They do use a drum machine unfortunately, but I enjoyed the song Apocalypse actually, thought it was pretty decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTd...feature=related

No idea why they use the fake drums though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
freddaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #74
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
 
The Evil Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Then it's not true.
Evolution changes into other things.
Fish become reptiles
Reptiles become birds
Birds become food

But that's not how evolution works. A tuna didn't wake up one morning as a T Rex. it's gradual changes, and while the first and last steps have very little in common, everything in between shows subtle changes that bear resemblance to both and outline the path. yeah, Sore Throat and ****...I'm Dead have very little in common, but there's a chain of bands in between them that does, and with each slight deviation from the genre, the definition of the original changed a bit. Besides, i'm not trying to claim that ****...I'm Dead is punk, or anything like that. i'm claiming that they're Gore Grind, which is an evolution of metal-influenced grind, which is an evolution of punk influenced grind, which is an evolution of...i don't need to go on, do i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
So what? Hardcore is hardcore punk. It stayed true to it's original punk-derived meaning. Then in the 90's it changed, and became its own genre.

There is such a huge difference between your deathgrind/goregrind, and my grindcore, and it's fucking disgusting you mix your shit in with grind.

As far as i can tell, you don't even have an argument, you just don't like it, and so say it's completely unrelated. Venom influenced black metal, but doesn't like most modern bands. does that mean they're not black metal? of course not, definitions change. does that mean they're venom-esque black metal? no. Taste has nothing to do with it.
__________________
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The Evil Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #75
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evil Hat
As far as i can tell, you don't even have an argument, you just don't like it, and so say it's completely unrelated. Venom influenced black metal, but doesn't like most modern bands. does that mean they're not black metal? of course not, definitions change. does that mean they're venom-esque black metal? no. Taste has nothing to do with it.

Lots of blues musicians influenced Black Sabbath. Does that mean they're proto doom? No.

It's not based on tasted. The fact of the matter is, goregrind and deathgrind took influence from grindcore bands. That does not mean the bands that influenced them are now deathgrind, that is fucking ******ed. It's like saying smoking leads to gangrene, therefore smoking is gangrene.
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #76
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
 
Magero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum (via Ace Chemicals Co.)
I stopped paying attention after "A tuna didn't wake up one mornign as a T-Rex" because I'm pretty sure you're the only person here who believes that.
__________________
The real joke is your stubborn, bone deep conviction...

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #77
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
 
The Evil Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
Lots of blues musicians influenced Black Sabbath. Does that mean they're proto doom? No.

It's not based on tasted. The fact of the matter is, goregrind and deathgrind took influence from grindcore bands. That does not mean the bands that influenced them are now deathgrind, that is fucking ******ed. It's like saying smoking leads to gangrene, therefore smoking is gangrene.

...what? you seem to have leaped BACKWARDS through the chain. no, that doesn't mean that the blues musicians are proto doom. it does mean that Black Sabbath has blues influences. I never claimed that Sore Throat are deathgrind. that would, as you said, be ****ing ******ed. i did claim that The Day Everything Became Nothing is influenced by grind.
__________________
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The Evil Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #78
Internal Chaos
D.I.Y or D.I.E
 
Internal Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: STRAYA
Well it still works on your logic now.

As you said, Black Sabbath has blues influences, but doesn't mean they're blues
Fu...I'm Dead has grind influences, but doesn't mean they're grind

My example with hardcore. Hardcore punk developed continuously as more ideas were added so it was too distant from punk to remain a subgenre. You cannot say that deathgrind and grind are similar enough to remain in the same genre. They're completely different scenes, and that is that.

Deathgrind is a subgenre of metal, not of grind.
__________________
Last.fm
Internal Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #79
The Evil Hat
Hatpanzer
 
The Evil Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Chaos
Well it still works on your logic now.

As you said, Black Sabbath has blues influences, but doesn't mean they're blues
Fu...I'm Dead has grind influences, but doesn't mean they're grind

My example with hardcore. Hardcore punk developed continuously as more ideas were added so it was too distant from punk to remain a subgenre. You cannot say that deathgrind and grind are similar enough to remain in the same genre. They're completely different scenes, and that is that.

Deathgrind is a subgenre of metal, not of grind.

...when have i argued that Fukk...I'm Dead ARE STRAIGHT UP GRINDCORE? i haven't. i'm saying that they're deathgrind, which is influenced from grindcore. not IS grindcore, is INFLUENCED by grindcore. as far as i can tell, we're arguing the same thing at this point.
__________________
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The Evil Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #80
Monolith295
Life iz Hell
 
Monolith295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Did someone say cybergrind?




....I'm sorry....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Monolith295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.