Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
|_JR_|
Something awkward.

GP4 - Anharmonic Oscillations

Hi all,

I've been fooling around with guitar pro for a few months now, trying to make some songs. This is one of them - attempt at jazz-rock with a hint of metal :P

Enjoy if you can, comment if you wish,
JR
Attached Files
File Type: zip Anharmonic Oscillations.zip (7.6 KB, 399 views)

old myspace
|_JR_| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Starstorm
Still Life

That was awesome, I would like to learn how to play that.
Starstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
|_JR_|
Something awkward.

Me too I'm not that good a guitarist you know, those solos are off the top of my head into GP :P

old myspace
|_JR_| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
uk.mace
[ Make it Loud ]

That's very cool and has a kind of Cynic-y ring to it. I loved the solos!! Simply great! The repeat intro was cool too.
Oh and the bass, throughout made me cream!! Amazingly done! Along with the key solos, very good. I love this song! 9/10
Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1130002

dಠ_ಠb
Get Shpongled
uk.mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Carl6661
UG Freak

It's not a genre I would normally listen to.

There's no need for me to go into detail and crit' each, this was absolutley amazing.
Well done, 157/10 .

I don't like Avenged Sevenfold anymore. I was 14 when I joined & the 6661 in the username seemed a great idea at the time. Sigh.
Carl6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
Progbass92

Critting as I listen:

Intro: Very nice and haunting. I like the time changes from 7/8 to 8/8. It has a nice flow to it.

Rhythm Intro: Very nice guitar parts. It continues that haunting trend from before. My only issue is that you should probably replace the clapping with snares on the drum part. Seriously, it gets a little irritating and rather than adding to the song, it takes away from it because it's so distracting.

Solo 1: Nice job on this. Great switch between the clean and distortion effects.

Pre-Chorus: This was a great buildup to the chorus part. Great idea to have the chords sortof climb into the chorus.

Chorus: Very latin jazzy as far as the rhythm goes. Great chord progression with the clean guitar too. Love the bass here too. It's all very interesting.

Break: I like the distortion guitar parts a lot. It complements the broken chords being played by the clean guitar. Drums here are very good.

Middle theme thingy: Nice job bringing the chorus rhythm back. I like the addition of the synth strings. It adds a little more thickness to the part.

Solos 2/3: The reverb effect was a good idea. And that was not a stupid rhythm it was quite good actually. I also like the rhodes piano solo. Very 70's fusion like. Very well done here.

Pre-Chorus: Nice addition of the rhodes piano playing the chords here. Good idea.

Break 2: Great solo. Get rid of the clapping.

Intro Variation: I like the little bits of distortion guitar here and there and then the crushing slide (I wouldn't call it crushing from the midi track, I'm using my imagination). Good buildup effect though.

Jam Time: Yeah! Slap bass solo. Very nice job. It was surprisingly well constructed. Loved the keyboard solo too. Another bass solo would be nice though. Kind of a little battle between the bass and keyboard. That would be really cool.

Great job on this.
Get rid of that clapping though.
9/10

Listen Here:

http://projectterria.bandcamp.com/
Progbass92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
JazzDeath
Oracle of the Absurd

I gotta agree with the former, get rid of the clapping man =/.

Other than that I'm pleasantly surprised with this piece, I've heard some of your other stuff on GProtab but I actually prefer this type of jazz-laden piece. I always liked your guitar riffs on distorted stuff in the vein of the chorus's harmonised riff, that one was particularly well pulled off.

Solo comes in, I'm expecting tasteless wank... but wait, omg!

Dude these solos are the best I've ever heard you write, this is some crazy stuff. Loving all of it, not a single dull solo moment and each part makes me smile a bit more =). Madz kudos for the slap bass solo, I shat myself.

Honestly I think this is one of your best built songs man, it's not as off the walls as your other parts, but it really impressed me groove wise, it held together much much better, and overall I just found it much more coherent than a lot of your previous material... I don't think I can find anything particularly bad about it.

Also one thing I noticed, the bass follows a similar pattern during the entire song which seems to make everything so much more coherent together, holds together very nicely. Makes a nice bass hook, so to say =P.

Good song man, I really like this one. 9.5/10
JazzDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Deep*Kick

loved that last fusiony chord progression before the intro/outro riff
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Deep*Kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #9
thorbor
UG's only Holo

Awesome piece, some parts really got my foot tapping.

The melody of the intro was great and fits the song perfectly, no flaws in the solos and some really nice licks in there.

Just loved the chorus, especially when it came back alter on in the song.

The 7/8 8/8 thing worked well too

I don't know anything that could be improved really, great melodies, great atmosphere, great rhythm. 9.5/10

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
thorbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player

Sweet song dude! I would definitely listen to this junks. The keyboard solo was super cool.

I loved the rhythmic part that was flowing through the song, it reminded me of opeth but ended up being NOT metal at all, and sounded sweet.

The bassline blew my mind consistently.

Solo 1 was cool, theres already like 6 solo sections and I think it could be taken out to let the song develop more.

The pre-chorus and chorus are mint. 100% perfect

Solo 2/3 sounded so sweet with the chorus/reverb or whatever effect it was you put on.

Bassline during the Jam Time was also killer. The keyboard solo junks that goes over it was also amazing, I loved the septuplets

9.8/10 I don't know what kind of music this is....I guess like a latin-jazz-smooth fusion piece, but it seriously rocked my face.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1243743
Old 12-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis

This is excellent. Really, really well done.

I loved the Chorus, latin jazz with some distortion it sounded to me. And I love latin jazz when its done well [which this was].

LOVED the delay on solo 2, and then the rhodes on solo 3.... Brilliant. Love it. In fact, every solo in this song is brilliant. All extremely melodic, while still technical, and very tasteful, without feeling like random noodling. Very, very well executed solos.

The ending is also very nice. I wish I could say more, but this is excellent. Probably the best I've seen from you.

C4C [in my sig]?

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Burning_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player

oh yea and ditch the lame clapping voice on the drum kit. thats the only bad part about the song right now lol
Old 02-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
CG Man16
hey

Awesome, really haunting intro. The rest was mint too. I agree ^that guy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
CG Man16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
TheBurningFish
has a ****ing GODIN

Location: Lying on my back, thinking "Where in shitting crikey is my nose?"
Pure win. Just loved the latin jazz feel of some parts. Really awesome.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies.
Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
TheBurningFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
huevos
Signt, oo Jaed?

How have I not critted this before? Not that it matters, since little can be done to improve this opus.

It's ****ing an amazing song, to say the least. It's got elements of my favorite bands, and others that were pulled out of the ether.
I want to know how you managed to create such a masterpiece. Saying that it was an attempt is foolhardy; this is the definition of jazz fusion (at it's peak).
Don't be surprised if I start asking you for pointers on how to improve my compositions.

Before I leave, I must say that your song has put me in a grand mood.
huevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #16
Darkmessiahnz

**** this is awesome.
Darkmessiahnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #17
100%
Metal

I like it, not bad at all
100% is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: