Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #41
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace
Hmm. I'll see what happens I guess.
Cheers Domino.


All the best.
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #42
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
There is a new "update section" on the bottom of the (my) first post.
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #43
LedZeppelin9345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace
I could really use some advice....

To keep the long story short.. I went to my friends house yesterday, we all got a drunk and I ended up cheating on my girlfriend =/

She doesn't know it's happened, and to be honest I'm not planning on telling her.. because It would just cause so much more trouble with not just me and her.

But anyway, I feel unbelievably guilty, and I have no idea of how to make this right, or to I dont know, redeem myself?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.



you need to tell her, and we can't tell you how she's going to react. i think that girls tend to care more if a guy actually has feelings/cares for another girl than if he just makes a mistake (naturally, the further you go, the worse it is).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.666
This man is right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeEvilDude
My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
LedZeppelin9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #44
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsox834
After having read over the FAQ, I have to say, it's good stuff; it has some quality answers, and it's well written.


Especially mine, right?
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #45
thedefrockednun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsox834
After having read over the FAQ, I have to say, it's good stuff; it has some quality answers, and it's well written.


Thanks

Continue giving advice, it's great to have more and more regulars around.


I'm gonna go to bed now, G'night people and good luck with all your endeavors (I have test week coming up )

And yes Domino, your FAQ is great.

Last edited by thedefrockednun : 05-24-2009 at 05:00 PM.
thedefrockednun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #46
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedefrockednun
Continue giving advice, it's great to have more and more regulars around.


I'm gonna go to bed now, G'night people and good luck with all your endeavors (I have test week coming up )

And yes Domino, your FAQ is great.


Why thank you, TS. Good night to you!
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #47
Stormx
Registered User
 
Stormx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace
I could really use some advice....

To keep the long story short.. I went to my friends house yesterday, we all got a drunk and I ended up cheating on my girlfriend =/

She doesn't know it's happened, and to be honest I'm not planning on telling her.. because It would just cause so much more trouble with not just me and her.

But anyway, I feel unbelievably guilty, and I have no idea of how to make this right, or to I dont know, redeem myself?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.


You need to tell her. Better she find out from you than from someone else. Do not expect your honesty will win her over though.

You need to expect that she'll break up with you. Anything more than that is a bonus, right?

Don't go all "I give you honesty and you want to break up with me!". Even if she breaks up with you, she might get back.

Either way, you need to tell her. It'll tear you apart from the inside otherwise. Be humble.
Stormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #48
cuss_man
UG's gingerish Stallion
 
cuss_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: glarrrrrcester , S.W. Eng
ok so last weekend, i went round my girlfriends house. we didnt really do much,
was there for about an hour before i left, and pulled over on my way home.

I called her, and told her i needed to take a break for a coupla weeks.
she cries, says ok, awkward silence, then i say i'll talk soon and end the conversation.

We've been together for nearly a year, we've never had any arguments or upsets, and known each other for about 5 years anyway.
University's coming to an end for me (only a year foundation course), and ill be moving to another in september.

but im not interested in this relationship anymore, i think ive just gotten bored, nothing exciting has happened or anything and i dont wanna stay tied down for a few more years because we'll never see each other.
i'd rather have a good time with my mates during summer and keep my options open.

advice on how to let her down gently? she's completely smitten apparently, and our mutual friend told me a few days after that shes taking it really badly. im guessing now that she'll me coming with this bombshell.
cuss_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #49
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuss_man
ok so last weekend, i went round my girlfriends house. we didnt really do much,
was there for about an hour before i left, and pulled over on my way home.

I called her, and told her i needed to take a break for a coupla weeks.
she cries, says ok, awkward silence, then i say i'll talk soon and end the conversation.

We've been together for nearly a year, we've never had any arguments or upsets, and known each other for about 5 years anyway.
University's coming to an end for me (only a year foundation course), and ill be moving to another in september.

but im not interested in this relationship anymore, i think ive just gotten bored, nothing exciting has happened or anything and i dont wanna stay tied down for a few more years because we'll never see each other.
i'd rather have a good time with my mates during summer and keep my options open.

advice on how to let her down gently? she's completely smitten apparently, and our mutual friend told me a few days after that shes taking it really badly. im guessing now that she'll me coming with this bombshell.


Don't do that. Do it to her face, and explain to her why you're doing it. Of course she'll be crushed; but she'll get over it.
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #50
cuss_man
UG's gingerish Stallion
 
cuss_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: glarrrrrcester , S.W. Eng
Well i did, and i think it wouldve turned out the same anyway :/
But im going round hers next weekend, i'm gonna tell her then.
thanks for replying btw
cuss_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #51
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
No problem. Just remember; you've been thinking about this for days/weeks, and she's just finding out. Her reaction could range from shock to rage, so prepare yourself.
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #52
a7x dan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Wooo new RT thread.

A few words of advise to EVERYONE who posts a question in here.

LISTEN TO THE REPLYS YOU GET (even if you dont agree with them)...especially from the regulars

They seriously helped me and im now happily in a relationship

Good luck to all of you...seriously i hope u all make it

a7x dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
By all means, good sir. On what, though?
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #54
LedZeppelin9345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuss_man
advice on how to let her down gently? she's completely smitten apparently, and our mutual friend told me a few days after that shes taking it really badly. im guessing now that she'll me coming with this bombshell.



you should have told her in person, but what's done is done.

tell her the truth, that you're not ready for a relationship atm. there's nothing you can say that will make it easy, you just have to get through it.

4 out of my 5 flatmates started the uni year in october in relationships; none of those relationships exists any more. it was and still is absolute hell for 2 of them.

i know you haven't said you're going to lie to her, but one of my friends was lied to in a breakup (one of the hell-breakups) and it made her feel worthless, and things keep coming back to haunt her. being honest is the respectful thing to do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.666
This man is right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeEvilDude
My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
LedZeppelin9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #55
Zaphikh
UG Senior Member
 
Zaphikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrace
I could really use some advice....

To keep the long story short.. I went to my friends house yesterday, we all got a drunk and I ended up cheating on my girlfriend =/

She doesn't know it's happened, and to be honest I'm not planning on telling her.. because It would just cause so much more trouble with not just me and her.

But anyway, I feel unbelievably guilty, and I have no idea of how to make this right, or to I dont know, redeem myself?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.

I say, do what you feel is right to do.


Last edited by Zaphikh : 05-24-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Zaphikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #56
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
That actually sounds like a really good idea. Write something up and PM it to thedefrockednun.
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #57
domino_92
Kõikvõimas Jää-äär
 
domino_92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, TX
__________________
Asthmatic? Click Here!
domino_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #58
cloudjessie42
UG's Mexican
 
cloudjessie42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
OK, so the girlfriend I had before didn't have a phone, so I don't know...how often should I call/text this new girl I'm interested in without being annoying to her? And in case it's important, she's the one that liked me first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)


Quote:
Originally Posted by BK202



cloudjessie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #59
Våd Hamster
brzrkr
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: My milkshake brings all the tards to the yard and they're like GHRBHBFLGFGAHRL
Don't call/text unless you have something to tell her.
__________________
Steam: electroacoustics







Våd Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #60
rigiddigits
Robot
 
rigiddigits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudjessie42
OK, so the girlfriend I had before didn't have a phone, so I don't know...how often should I call/text this new girl I'm interested in without being annoying to her? And in case it's important, she's the one that liked me first.
Every couple of days at the most is just fine. There's no point if you're just saying hi really. My boyfriend calls me most nights, but we don't live in the same town. If you see each other often, then there's no need to check in with her all the time.

Wait for her to text/call you first sometimes
__________________
LISTEN TO SUPER MASH BROS

(_.·´¯) (¯`·._) (_.·´¯) 女の子 です (¯`·._) (_.·´¯) (¯`·._)
onnanoko desu
rigiddigits is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.