Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #3261
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Anyone going to Between the Buried and Me + Animals As Leaders?
If there are still tickets, I'm planning on going, but I'm assuming it's already sold out.
GoldfishMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #3262
AKnownHardman

Yeah bol going to Radiohead in auckland! Flying up for the night. I have exams as well after, but I think my first one is a week later at least. I'd also be keen to see Grizzly Bear, they're coming to wellington but i'm spending my money on a trip to australia instead.
AKnownHardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #3263
Spaztikko

AaL are coming?

Shit, I gotta check this out.
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #3264
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
AaL are coming?

Shit, I gotta check this out.

Yeah, AAL opening for BTBAM on the 19th of November in Auckland, also a Wellington show the next day.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #3265
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Ah hey guys, I'm coming to your fair isles for 2 weeks in November/December. Itinery of Auckland, Rotarua, New Plymouth, Wellington, Kaikora, Greymouth, Franz Josef, Wanaka, Queenstown, Dunedin, Christchurch.

Any local info you guys can give me?

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #3266
devourke
Banned

You skipped Hamilton, and that's pretty much all you need to do.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #3267
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Ah hey guys, I'm coming to your fair isles for 2 weeks in November/December. Itinery of Auckland, Rotarua, New Plymouth, Wellington, Kaikora, Greymouth, Franz Josef, Wanaka, Queenstown, Dunedin, Christchurch.

Any local info you guys can give me?

As the other poster said, DON'T GO TO HAMILTON. It is the most boring place in New Zealand. It is where dreams go to die.

I haven't travlled around New Zealand much, but I know a few things.

Anyway, if you go to rotorua, you MUST do this - http://www.skyline.co.nz/rotorua/ssr_luge/

Queenstown has heaps of fun stuff to do, but from what I've heard, stuff there is expensive as hell.

I live in Auckland, not too much here, but I do like the city. People are generally friendly. Talking to homeless people in the Central Business District is fun if you're bored :P Down on the waterfront, there are heaps of really nice bars and clubs. It's sometimes cheaper to go on Fridays rather than Saturday (From personal experience, usually no cover charges on Fridays). Also, during the day, ferry's leave from there all the time to all sorts of Islands in the harbour. Going to Waiheke Island for a day is fun if you want to spend the day with people on a beach.

I have more to say, but i'm really sleepy now and have to go. If you reply and what i said was helpful, I wouldn't mind going into a bit more detail when I have more time.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #3268
reidhasguitar
Dovah Kiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishMoon
As the other poster said, DON'T GO TO HAMILTON. It is the most boring place in New Zealand.

As an Upper Hutt resident, I beg to differ.
reidhasguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #3269
AKnownHardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidhasguitar
As an Upper Hutt resident, I beg to differ.

As a Lower Hutt resident, I agree with you.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #3270
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishMoon
As the other poster said, DON'T GO TO HAMILTON. It is the most boring place in New Zealand. It is where dreams go to die.

I haven't travlled around New Zealand much, but I know a few things.

Anyway, if you go to rotorua, you MUST do this - http://www.skyline.co.nz/rotorua/ssr_luge/

Queenstown has heaps of fun stuff to do, but from what I've heard, stuff there is expensive as hell.

I live in Auckland, not too much here, but I do like the city. People are generally friendly. Talking to homeless people in the Central Business District is fun if you're bored :P Down on the waterfront, there are heaps of really nice bars and clubs. It's sometimes cheaper to go on Fridays rather than Saturday (From personal experience, usually no cover charges on Fridays). Also, during the day, ferry's leave from there all the time to all sorts of Islands in the harbour. Going to Waiheke Island for a day is fun if you want to spend the day with people on a beach.

I have more to say, but i'm really sleepy now and have to go. If you reply and what i said was helpful, I wouldn't mind going into a bit more detail when I have more time.

Yea, my girlfriend is originally from Hamilton and she was pretty intent on skipping straight passed it

Added that to our Rotarua itinery. And noted that Queenstown is expensive, it's near the end of teh trip so I'll make sure to save up.

Yea I'd be glad to hear it. Stuff to do in the city and any nice bars or restaurants to go to. Our hostel is right near the centre so we should be able to get to places easily

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #3271
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Quote:
Yea, my girlfriend is originally from Hamilton and she was pretty intent on skipping straight passed it

Added that to our Rotarua itinery. And noted that Queenstown is expensive, it's near the end of teh trip so I'll make sure to save up.

Yea I'd be glad to hear it. Stuff to do in the city and any nice bars or restaurants to go to. Our hostel is right near the centre so we should be able to get to places easily

Ok, back after a nice long sleep. Ill come back here every now and again and blurt out more things as I remember. I'm really not good at organising my thoughts lol.

In Auckland, if you do go out to bars/clubs, id recommend staying at the waterfront bars. While there are nice bars/clubs all around, the waterfront tends to be more consistently nicer, and other places, a lot sleazier (DO NOT go to the the club "Code", EVER).
I really like Provedor on the waterfront. It's a bar (My sister swears there is an area to dance as well, so it's kinda a club too, but I've never actually been to that area of it myself). I've heard that Lenin is good too, but I haven't been there myself.

Also, in auckland, if you like thrills, there are two things to possibly try.
1) Skyjump of the skytower. I haven't done it yet, but am planning too. Im assuming it will be rather expensive, but if you have the money, why not?
2) Bungy Jump of the harbour bridge. Once again, its expensive ($150), but people who i know who have gone said it was worth it.

I don't know of any nice restaurants atm (I'm only 18, not exactly the age where I have money to spend on that), but I wouldn't mind asking a few people.

Ok, that was everything I have for the moment, I'm sure in another day or two I'll remember a bunch more random things.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #3272
Spaztikko

Quote:

Good, she knows what's up.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #3273
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Quote:
Good, she knows what's up.

We stopped in Hamilton once for an hour or so while my school trip was on the way to Taupo. It was horrible. I don't even know what it is. I just hate it there.

Last edited by GoldfishMoon : 10-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #3274
Spaztikko

I swear to god, the area of cambridge and hamilton is the "murder your family for entertainment" zone of new zealand.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #3275
GoldfishMoon
UG's almost-doctor

Quote:
I swear to god, the area of cambridge and hamilton is the "murder your family for entertainment" zone of new zealand.

**** you! I was reading that comment while drinking coke and I laughed and spat it out all over my fancy, expensive anatomy textbook!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #3276
reidhasguitar
Dovah Kiin

>tfw your first therapy session is cancelled
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #3277
Spaztikko

You should all definitely come down to Zeal the one night my band decides to get a setlist together and come see us play through our shitty MGs around a bunch of emo westies.

But thats all way into the future. My band has one incomplete song.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #3278
reidhasguitar
Dovah Kiin

Quote:
You should all definitely come down to Zeal the one night my band decides to get a setlist together and come see us play through our shitty MGs around a bunch of emo westies.

But thats all way into the future. My band has one incomplete song.

Well, tell us when that is.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #3279
AKnownHardman

Wheres zeal?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #3280
chaoticfables
hooooome studiooo

Quote:

This is why John Key went to Hollywood. He wants them to film Sons of Anarchy there.

soundcloud
a stupid scrapbook for my music
chaoticfables is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: