User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #61
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyscoot
His reason for why its not metal was their image.

But why isnt their music metal? Ive asked this to 4 different people and none of them could give me an answer, can you?

Because their music is repetitive,bland, boring, oversaturated, and overexposed. And it shouldn't be. It's a crime to let all the real bands that are actually creating music for music and not for a scene like Cynic, and Atheist, but sadly, these two bands get overlooked while Suicide Silence has another 2 million hits on their MySpace page. It's a sham. The fact that Deathcore is the end-all be all for a alot of kids is dissapointing, because then they won't want to dig deeper because it's not "brootal" enough. You get it? Some kids do, I haven't met them, but some kids more often than not don't, and stay ignorant. That's ****ing why.
ieatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #62
freddaahh
A jolly nice chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihiSlateR
Im quite fond of Trigger the Bloodshed, who are often considered Deathcore

Not bad live, they're much better now they've decided to ditch their original Deathcore sound though.

Another local band I plug here from time to time, they're not quite Deathcore, but do hold a fair few elements of it, Ignominious Incarceration. I adore them.
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
freddaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #63
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatu
Because their music is repetitive,bland, boring, oversaturated, and overexposed. And it shouldn't be. It's a crime to let all the real bands that are actually creating music for music and not for a scene like Cynic, and Atheist, but sadly, these two bands get overlooked while Suicide Silence has another 2 million hits on their MySpace page. It's a sham. The fact that Deathcore is the end-all be all for a alot of kids is dissapointing, because then they won't want to dig deeper because it's not "brootal" enough. You get it? Some kids do, I haven't met them, but some kids more often than not don't, and stay ignorant. That's ****ing why.

But by the same measure, will lots of kids not decide they want to explore the genre further, and find out about bands like Cynic and Atheist.

But the way I see this is, your issue with the genre is that it is Popular?
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #64
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:

So wait...its not metal because people like it? Right

Has it ever occured to you that people like it? Maybe Suicide Silence gets 2 million hits on myspace because they have a lot of fans. Its not a crime to make music people like. All youre managing to do is look like an elitist tool. And also, not telling my deathcore isnt metal.

Also, dont say its boring and bland when half of "true" metal is boring as **** too.
andyscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #65
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
But by the same measure, will lots of kids not decide they want to explore the genre further, and find out about bands like Cynic and Atheist.

But the way I see this is, your issue with the genre is that it is Popular?

I stated that, some kids do go farther, though it's a rarity.
My issue with it is that kids think it's the most brutal thing out there when it isn't. Sorry.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #66
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
My issue with it is that kids think it's the most brutal thing out there when it isn't. Sorry.

Then surely your issue is with the fans, not the music then.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #67
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:

But its brutal than most "true" metal...

Anyway thats besides the point. You cant dislike a genre because of their fans, or you can, but youre an idiot for doing so.

Also, you've yet to tell me why Deathcore isnt metal. And right now, im looking at moving it from 4 to 5 people who cant tell me why after making a stupid comment like that.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #68
blommen
A rather smug Hobbit.

ia m looking for some deathcore that has some avant garde elements to it, kinde like the track akeldama by faceless or some of the music of rareform by after the burial. can any one help me?
blommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #69
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
So wait...its not metal because people like it? Right

Has it ever occured to you that people like it? Maybe Suicide Silence gets 2 million hits on myspace because they have a lot of fans. Its not a crime to make music people like. All youre managing to do is look like an elitist tool. And also, not telling my deathcore isnt metal.

Also, dont say its boring and bland when half of "true" metal is boring as **** too.

It occured to me that people who have no actual history of metal like it. A lot of fans, alot of people who only listen to what they are exposed, what's your point. No it's not a crime to make music people like, it's a loss of respect when you're doing it for a scene. I could care less if I look like an elitist tool, I stated my opinions as to why it's not metal.
It takes a deeper mind to appreciate subtlety.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #70
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:

Anyway thats besides the point. You cant dislike a genre because of their fans, or you can, but youre an idiot for doing so.

Exactly, i Hate 90% of Manowar fans.
but I still like the bands music.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #71
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Then surely your issue is with the fans, not the music then.

It's both the music and the fans. The fact that any kid can pick up a guitar and pretty much play any deathcore song kills me!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #72
k1ng_pooh
Metal Elitist.

After much consideration I have decided that I am against this thread.

Good day gentlemen.
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
k1ng_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #73
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
It occured to me that people who have no actual history of metal like it. A lot of fans, alot of people who only listen to what they are exposed, what's your point. No it's not a crime to make music people like, it's a loss of respect when you're doing it for a scene. I could care less if I look like an elitist tool, I stated my opinions as to why it's not metal.
It takes a deeper mind to appreciate subtlety.

So because it atracts fans who didnt like metal before?

so by bringing new people to the genre its a bad thing?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #74
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
So because it atracts fans who didnt like metal before?

so by bringing new people to the genre its a bad thing?

By bringing it to new people who think it's the last genre is a bad thing.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #75
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
It's both the music and the fans. The fact that any kid can pick up a guitar and pretty much play any deathcore song kills me!

Lats time I checked that was called jealousy
Quote:
By bringing it to new people who think it's the last genre is a bad thing.

Im sory I dont realy understand your point here
Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #76
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

All youre doing is saying "Deathcore isn't metal because i hate their fans and their music is simple". You're basically complaining because not many people like the bands you like, and you still havent provided me with why the music of deathcore isnt metal. Well done.

Since when did technicality decide wether music is metal. In that case, Swallow The Sun aren't metal because their stuff is easy to play, and The Fall Of Troy is metal because its hard to play. See how stupid that sounds?

Also, who decided that music has to be technical. Am i some sort of dying breed of music fans that likes it if it sounds good?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #77
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Lats time I checked that was called jealousy

Im sory I dont realy understand your point here

Yes, I'm totally jealous.

My point is usually Deathcore kids never get around to listening to other forms of metal because it doesn't have a breakdown in it.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #78
wh0racLe

Deathcore is the Hair Metal of our generation.

You think these bands are putting effort into the music? If they did it would have more than just half-assed chromatic riffs and repetitive breakdowns. The bands know what they are doing, they are making music specifically to appeal to scene kids. They are riding the trend. They aren't expressing themselves and creating what they think is truly good music. It's just trendy crap.

And the fans... the fans don't give a **** about music. They care more about how bad-ass they look. If there was no tattoo's, hairspray, and lyrics like "THE DOCTORS WON'T BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE YOUR F*CKIN' FACE!!" i don't think deathcore would be popular at all

Quote:
So basically because of what they look like?

Wait a minute, dont you lot rag on Deathcore because they apparently focus too much on their image? Hypocrite much?

Because they spend more time styling their hair and putting on makeup than they do writing music.

Quote:

Also, who decided that music has to be technical. Am i some sort of dying breed of music fans that likes it if it sounds good?

no you're a breed of moronic teenager who responds to an argument that no one made.

Last edited by wh0racLe : 06-30-2009 at 04:02 PM.
wh0racLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #79
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
All youre doing is saying "Deathcore isn't metal because i hate their fans and their music is simple". You're basically complaining because not many people like the bands you like, and you still havent provided me with why the music of deathcore isnt metal. Well done.

Since when did technicality decide wether music is metal. In that case, Swallow The Sun aren't metal because their stuff is easy to play, and The Fall Of Troy is metal because its hard to play. See how stupid that sounds?

It doesn't really have to be technical, but for me it has to have an air of subtlety, and that's one thing that I've never heard in a deathcore song. Quit acting like a ****ing victim who "appreciates" sounds and ****. Nirvana made sound but would you call it good?
If you really want to listen to an artist who based their music primarily on JUST SOUNDS, listen to Frank Zappa. That' is all.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #80
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

You guys are so far from the truth its hilarious. Come back when youve heard more than one Deathcore song. You dont know anything about the genre or their fans.

Quote:
It doesn't really have to be technical, but for me it has to have an air of subtlety, and that's one thing that I've never heard in a deathcore song. Quit acting like a ****ing victim who "appreciates" sounds and ****. Nirvana made sound but would you call it good?
If you really want to listen to an artist who based their music primarily on JUST SOUNDS, listen to Frank Zappa. That' is all.

I'm not, im saying i like music if it sounds good to me. Not if im supposed to like it, or supposed to not like it. And i happen to like Nirvana...so yes i would call them good.

Last edited by andyscoot : 06-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Rate This Thread: