User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #81
dead-fish
Professor Miseria Supremu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatu
By bringing it to new people who think it's the last genre is a bad thing.

Oh my god, stop.

You sound like an ANUSite, minus the half-logical reasoning behind your half-witted statements.

Do you have any facts? Any ratios, precentage, rough estimate, an unofficial survey, ANYTHING beyond what you read on the MA/MS forums about the average metal fan's attitude to deathcore?

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statements sound, what with half the bands that come from Sweden promoting this whole "metal as a state of mind" attitude, that is obviously so different than an offshoot scene. I mean, they wear fringes, your friends have long hair, you both think each other suck and need to get bashed in, and both of you think that you are a deadly social toxin to each of your respective precious scenes?

THE METAL SCENE IS BULLSHIT! THERE IS NO IDEALOGY! Varg preaches hate, Masvidal preaches love, Jourgensen is left-wing, Hetfield is right-wing, Petrozza tells us to stand together against the common enemy, Anselmo tells us that only you can save yourself, Gojira save the trees, Destroyer 666 destroy the world, Slayer promote sticking to your roots, Opeth encourage you to experiment, prog evolves, doom devolves, WHERE IS THE UNITY? There is none! There never was! Venom turned the whole bowl upside down because they didn't understand what Sabbath were trying to say, and it's been going on like that ever since!

Deathcore doesn't have any message other than "play music, it's good for you, and very fun", just like every other genre, in every other music, all around the world! Shove this whole metal ideology thing up your ass, because you clearly don't know what the fuck it isn't about!

Deadit: For the record, I can't stand deathcore, I do think it should be here rather than the hardcore forum.
Magero, sorry for further derailing.

Last edited by dead-fish : 06-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.
dead-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #82
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart

Quote:
Yes, I'm totally jealous.

My point is usually Deathcore kids never get around to listening to other forms of metal because it doesn't have a breakdown in it.

Can you say you know this for a fact? or are you just making general Asumptions now?

and since when did fans make something not 'TRUE'

Ill be honest im going to stop now. cause i cant be bothered defending a genre that Im not overly keen on myself.

Edit: I Love you dead-fish

Last edited by AnnihiSlateR : 06-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.
AnnihiSlateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #83
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyscoot
You guys are so far from the truth its hilarious. Come back when youve heard more than one Deathcore song. You dont know anything about the genre or their fans.

I've heard Veil of Maya, Whitechapel, The Red Chord, Suicide Silence, and several others.

3 of these bands I've seen live with the Carcass tour. I sat thru the whole thing. I tried to get into it. I couldn't. There you go.
ieatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #84
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-fish
*Rant*

+ fucking 1
andyscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #85
wh0racLe

Quote:

Deadit: For the record, I can't stand deathcore, I do think it should be here rather than the hardcore forum.

But where does it end? It starts with one deathcore thread and soon there's 50. and then this is no longer the metal forum but the scene kid forum.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #86
3rdActguitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBabySnatcher
Born of Osiris
Veil of Maya
After the Burial
Lost in Remains
ABACABB
Suicide Silence

You sir have amazing taste
You're the first person I've ever seen that likes Lost in Remains
+1

I'm more into Technical Deathcore myself, but I still like Carnifex and Suicide Silence pretty good, even tho I'm pretty sure they're the same band lol

Click for free virus
3rdActguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #87
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Oh my god, stop.

You sound like an ANUSite, minus the half-logical reasoning behind your half-witted statements.

Do you have any facts? Any ratios, precentage, rough estimate, an unofficial survey, ANYTHING beyond what you read on the MA/MS forums about the average metal fan's attitude to deathcore?

Do you have any idea how idiotic your statements sound, what with half the bands that come from Sweden promoting this whole "metal as a state of mind" attitude, that is obviously so different than an offshoot scene. I mean, they wear fringes, your friends have long hair, you both think each other suck and need to get bashed in, and both of you think that you are a deadly social toxin to each of your respective precious scenes?

THE METAL SCENE IS BULLSHIT! THERE IS NO IDEALOGY! Varg preaches hate, Masvidal preaches love, Jourgensen is left-wing, Hetfield is right-wing, Petrozza tells us to stand together against the common enemy, Anselmo tells us that only you can save yourself, Gojira save the trees, Destroyer 666 destroy the world, Slayer promote sticking to your roots, Opeth encourage you to experiment, prog evolves, doom devolves, WHERE IS THE UNITY? There is none! There never was! Venom turned the whole bowl upside down because they didn't understand what Sabbath were trying to say, and it's been going on like that ever since!

Deathcore doesn't have any message other than "play music, it's good for you, and very fun", just like every other genre, in every other music, all around the world! Shove this whole metal ideology thing up your ass, because you clearly don't know what the fuck it isn't about!

Your post was impressive. I'm just going to listen to the music I like and that's that. It's all opinions anyways, I guess.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #88
Veil Of Osiris

I'm going to ignore the current argument going on and try to lighten the mood.

Any love for Winds of Plague? Be sure to hear them before you see what they dress like.

And also, My Bitter End is pretty sweet, anyone like them? They might be metalcore though, I'm not sure.
Veil Of Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #89
dead-fish
Professor Miseria Supremu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0racLe
But where does it end? It starts with one deathcore thread and soon there's 50. and then this is no longer the metal forum but the scene kid forum.

Yes, history shows that that's what happens!

Machines aren't running this forum, people are, and these people know well enough what threads to lock, and when.

Besides, why the fvck do you care? THE NEXT PAGE IS A CLICK AWAY! ONE LITTLE CLICK! YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIKE THERE!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #90
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Your post was impressive. I'm just going to listen to the music I like and that's that. It's all opinions anyways, I guess.

You still havent proven why its not metal...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #91
ThatGuy177
Based

Quote:
Yes, I'm totally jealous.

My point is usually Deathcore kids never get around to listening to other forms of metal because it doesn't have a breakdown in it.
Not to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. A few months ago, I joined a deathcore band for experience. I met and talked to many members of the deathcore "scene" and most of them do listen to other metal.
Learn Iron Man from mah vid
I can't walk at all
So much fat that I will fall

Who was Metallica's best bassist?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnxz...feature=related
ThatGuy177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #92
wh0racLe

Quote:

It's not TRUE metal.

If deathcore is true metal, then so is Nu-Metal.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #93
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy177
Not to sound rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. A few months ago, I joined a deathcore band for experience. I met and talked to many members of the deathcore "scene" and most of them do listen to other metal.

Precisely. I likeDeathcore bands, and their supposedly 'true' metal bands. Surely im getting the better deal because i simply have more music to enjoy?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #94
ieatu
Die!

Quote:

You listen to what you like, and I'll listen to what I like. Sound good?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #95
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
It's not TRUE metal.

If deathcore is true metal, then so is Nu-Metal.

It is, its a sub-genre of Metal.

Why are either of those genre's not metal? Please answer with a proper response instead of shifting the debate somewhere else. If you're going to make silly comments, back them up.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #96
ieatu
Die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy177

That's great, I'm glad you found a good example, ok.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #97
--ATREYUROCK--
Regrets his username...

Right, I figure this might be a good place to ask

I really like old-school, as in TIWTEOYSWMF BMTH, and JFAC, Suicide Silence...

Particulary Suicide Silence actually, is there anything else that downright heavy and aggressive I should know about?
--ATREYUROCK-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #98
wh0racLe

Quote:
It is, its a sub-genre of Metal.

Why are either of those genre's not metal? Please answer with a proper response instead of shifting the debate somewhere else. If you're going to make silly comments, back them up.

Nu-metal is true metal? so then why is there a separate subforum and why isn't it all in here?

why isn't Metalcore in this forum either?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #99
cliffemall123
not a Cliff Burton fanboy

I really dig All Shall Perish, The Red Chord, After the Burial (though they may just be considered metalcore), and The Faceless. The Faceless are actually one of my favorite bands. Despised Icon isn't bad either. They are a hell of a lot better than a lot of deathcore bands.
cliffemall123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #100
andyscoot
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Nu-metal is true metal? so then why is there a separate subforum and why isn't it all in here?

why isn't Metalcore in this forum either?

Because of you elitists

EDIT: Where bands are placed in a forum isnt really representative of their actual genre. If someone who controls the site put Miles Davis in here, would he suddenly become a Metal artist, no of course not.

The point is, Nu-metal is a sub genre of metal. Making is as much metal as thrash, folk, death, power. Theyre all merely sub genre's. Same with deathcore.

Last edited by andyscoot : 06-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Rate This Thread: