User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
sonic_hippy
Can't explain it

Cool 90 day fitness challenge V2.0 GTFIH

Are YOU up to the challenge?

If you are capable of making goals (fitness/athletic related) and keeping them then join in!

The challenge will take place for 90 days. In the course of the 90 days you have a goal, you work towards your goal, post updates and if you work hard, reach your goal.

Rules;
1. Be alive (deceased can participate with notarized written consent)
2. Make a goal
3. pls define a goal and post it
4. make updates

That's it. Your goal can be to loose weight, gain weight, run farther faster, swim better laps or anything you can think of.

If you are interested in getting fit/athletic check out the exercise and nutrition thread.

Enlisted in the challenge;
Angus_Junior35
sonic_hippy
TunerAddict
BjarnedeGraaf
Gumle
juckfush
Thrashtastic15
ErikLensherr
guitarxo
ehbacon
chookiecookie

I will update the op daily or when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanThePotato
if I'm not constantly stimulated by bloody action and big boobys i lose interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I lost my mum at the zoo, she turned up in the great ape house. She really grew out her mustache.

Last edited by sonic_hippy : Yesterday at 10:35 PM.
sonic_hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #2
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

In. Currently at ~140lbs, I want to make it up to 155.

Are picture updates okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Awesome

Last edited by Angus_Junior35 : Yesterday at 12:05 AM.
Angus_Junior35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #3
sonic_hippy
Can't explain it

Sure, beware of the consequences of posting your face thou.

Quote:
if I'm not constantly stimulated by bloody action and big boobys i lose interest

Quote:
I lost my mum at the zoo, she turned up in the great ape house. She really grew out her mustache.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 AM   #4
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

want to get down to 185 from 192 and gain muscle
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM   #5
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat

I have 2 goals. I never ran much in my life so I want to try and go for a 5k.
Also I'm 115kg at the moment and I want that to go to at least 105kg.

Not sure how often I will update though as my life is pretty busy atm but I'll try

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:53 AM   #6
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

i started doing a lifting routine based on what hugh jackman did to prepare for The Wolverine. 2 days down.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM   #7
Gumle
UG's panic attack

I'm in

My current weight is 211 lbs and I want to get in around 195, lower my fat percentage from 20,9 to 16 and tone my body so my muscles will be slightly visible.

At the post above this signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Gumle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #8
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!

I'm in.

I'm 6'00'' tall and weight in at 53kg. I'm aiming to gain up to 10kg to fill out, as well as increase both my general strength and flexibility; spending my childhood years hunched over a Gameboy did some damage to my back.

I gained 5kg and did some good strength training within two months at the start of this year, but lost motivation. I've already doubled my daily intake and improved the contents of my diet, and started back with the system I was using before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
It's 1am, I picked the first child I saw

Last edited by juckfush : Yesterday at 07:17 AM.
juckfush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM   #9
ultimate-slash
the punctuation mark

I'm tempted to join in, but I wouldn't really know what goal(s) to set. I'm also not interested in joining a gym or anything. For me it would be more about just having something to put energy into instead of doing nothing.

Anyone know of some good exercise regimes involving just sit-ups and push-ups and stuff?
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #10
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

yeah sure. playing hockey again and lifting regularly. goal is to skate faster than i was when i was playing seriously, which is going to be a bit of a task considering i was in much better shape back then. no need to stick me in an op or anything, just gonna lurk about and chime in. good ontario boy doesn't need no motivation to play hockey.

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #11
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-slash
I'm tempted to join in, but I wouldn't really know what goal(s) to set. I'm also not interested in joining a gym or anything. For me it would be more about just having something to put energy into instead of doing nothing.

Anyone know of some good exercise regimes involving just sit-ups and push-ups and stuff?

Aim to complete 10 sets of 10 push ups. For each push-up, you should move slowly and allow for your nose to touch the ground. Don't let your neck bend down at all to do this; your body should be a plank. Upon completing a set, sit on your knees and extend your arms to the ceiling to stretch. Consciously stretch your muscles rather than just allowing the basic motion to do the job for you. Stretch again at the end of your workout.
Once you're comfortable with this exercise, increase intensity by placing your toes on an elevated platform, like a couch or chair, and complete the push up from there. The broader spectrum of motion will stretch your muscles more and work them harder.
You can also move your hands in from shoulder width to an inward position, side-by-side one-another directly in front of your face. This will work different muscle groups.

As for sit ups, just be sure to do them slowly and deliberately contract your abdominals when completing one. You don't need to bring your upper body all the way up (i.e. head to knees); even sitting up by an inch is enough to effectively work the muscle group, but do aim to increase your range of motion over time. I'm a fan of ab wheels over sit-ups, personally; they're cheap tools, and they'll leave you sore on your first attempt. Afterward, they're great for maintaining and refining form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
It's 1am, I picked the first child I saw

Last edited by juckfush : Yesterday at 08:26 AM.
juckfush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #12
ErikLensherr
Bram Sockmann

I'm down with the clown, I need to lose some weight.

edit: unless that's a gay thing
ErikLensherr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #13
ErikLensherr
Bram Sockmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate-slash

Join a sport.

edit: unless that's a gay thing
ErikLensherr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #14
guitarxo
cat

Hi yes I am in

I am not really sure what I can do but I need to lose weight (130 --> at least 120 lbs, dunno if I can do it in 90 days tho) so I'll start by eating less and not making desserts.

Last edited by guitarxo : Yesterday at 10:27 AM.
guitarxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #15
ehbacon
UG's Billie Joe Armstrong

cool that this is a thing again but I'm again in really good shape. I'm eating healthy, about to start training again for the next cross country season (coach told me to take a two week break after the season ended, the break ends next Friday), and I'm doing workouts everyday to improve my upper body strength and core. I'm gonna start training for a half marathon in the winter/spring.

I did find something helpful about losing weight during the first time I trained for cross country though. This could help you lose weight a lot quicker:

running is a great way to lose poundage; biking too. Most people while doing these things tend to stop when they are tired. That's what you can't do. When you're tired, that's your mind telling you that you are out of energy, and are now burning fat to keep going. You need to keep going after your mind tells you to stop, you need to push yourself farther than you ever have before. That's how I went from not being able to run a mile, to being able to run 8 miles in three months.

People also assume that once they done running, they are done with their workout. This is what I need to change in myself this year, because I became way too dangerously skinny from just running (107 lbs around 5/7-5/8). When you are finished running, take a little break of maybe a couple minutes. Get some water and stuff. Then you need to do accelerators in order to not damage your legs. This is very important to not injuring yourself. All an accelerator is is a short run that is broken up into 4 parts of different acceleration levels. So for the first 25 meters go relatively slow, then go to about the middle of full speed, then about three fourths full speed, and then full speed. Do this 4 TIMES while taking breaks in between to recover.

After that comes core and strengthening. For that what I usually do is about 25 pushups, 50 situps, 25 more pushups, 1 minute plank, 50 crunches, and then 10 triangle pushups. I would try to start low with these and then work your way up.

Immediately after your run you should drink a tall glass of chocolate/regular milk. Calcium helps strengthen bones and prevent injury.

EATING:

I've assembled a pretty cheap, good diet for people looking for to eat healthy too. If you do the workout described above you are going to need to eat healthy, or you may become sick or injured.
- So for a breakfast your gonna need atleast a toaster, if not a toaster oven. For breakfast make some cheese bagels, you can buy the bagels at a store for cheap and the cheese too. If you want instructions on how to make this hmu. Always eat a banana too with your breakfast, it will help prevent cramps and will protect the muscles from injury.
- Post-run (workout should be in the morning if you can) you should have eggs. Anyway you want them is fine as long as its healthy, its good to get protein after an intense workout.
- Snacks should always be either fruit, or a something carb oriented like a dinner roll type of thing.
- Dinner is where you can be a bit lenient, don't go overboard on the unhealthy things; try to keep it pasta oriented when you can.
- Keep your drinks to water and milk. DRINK 50-60 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY. You need to stay hydrated, but do not over hydrate yourself. You could probably have a beer or glass of wine at dinner (not really a problem for me yet.)

This can look intimidating at first but if you start low and work your way up you would be shocked at how good you can get. I know I was.

Also buy running shoes, not sure if I mentioned that but always buy running shoes or you'll do damage to your feet. Try to run on sidewalk and trail only, don't run on grass if you don't have to.

If you try this I guarantee you won't be sorry!

ehbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #16
chookiecookie
UG Member

I'll join.

I worked out for a bit and lost weight and gained muscle and now I'm back up to 150 ;_;

I want to get back down to 140, increase my endurance and get my abs back, all while simultaneously ****ing bitches and getting paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Only because cookie hits on literally everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Most guys are like chookie and will **** anything.

Last edited by chookiecookie : Yesterday at 11:39 AM.
chookiecookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #17
sonic_hippy
Can't explain it

op updated

My goals is to bring up my left Tricep and Bicep, Squat 225lb, Dead 300lb, Row 135 or 80 db row and do 10 chins.

Current squat is 185 3x5, 2 chins (lol) the last time I deadlifted a few mounts ago I did 250 for three, and I can do 95 for 5X5 row. These goals are lofty, but I will make it or come close. Btw I am 185 and little less than 20% bf and eating more. I was cutting but I think tht I was cutting too deep and slowed down my metabolism and kinda stalled losing Bf. Now I seem to be losing more fat but eating more. I don't care how much fat I gain I'm going to cut any way mid January.

Quote:

Quote:
Old Today, 12:38 AM   #18
whywefight
I need loooooooo-

Haven't figured put what I'm going to do yet but I should get in on this before my metabolism starts dropping and I get fat

So this is me telling future me to join
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: