Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
ken styles

Prs truss rod cover screw

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new screw for my prs se truss rod cover.....
ken styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
Robbgnarly

At a hardware store
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
ken styles

What size do I ask for?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
Roc8995

Bring in the truss rod cover and get one that fits it.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
paul.housley.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken styles
What size do I ask for?

The PRS only has the one screw doesn't it?

There's a lot of different ways you can do this.
1. Take guitar to hardware store. Find guy. Explain what you need. They'll help you figure it out.
2. Email or call PRS. I asked their facebook guy (or girl) a question once and it was answered pretty quickly. Just ask. They might just send you one. Cost of a stamp, ya know?
3. Buy a variety pack (or an assortment of sizes) of various wood screws and try them until you find one that you like.
4. Leave the cover off.

It's really not that hard. You may be thinking it's a precise science but really you can put any screw into the headstock and as long as it's not too big (big enough to split the wood) or too small then it'll do the job. If you're really worried about resale then you should go for option #2.

Last edited by paul.housley.7 : 09-03-2014 at 11:14 PM.
paul.housley.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
ken styles

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.housley.7
The PRS only has the one screw doesn't it?

There's a lot of different ways you can do this.
1. Take guitar to hardware store. Find guy. Explain what you need. They'll help you figure it out.
2. Email or call PRS. I asked their facebook guy (or girl) a question once and it was answered pretty quickly. Just ask. They might just send you one. Cost of a stamp, ya know?
3. Buy a variety pack (or an assortment of sizes) of various wood screws and try them until you find one that you like.
4. Leave the cover off.

It's really not that hard. You may be thinking it's a precise science but really you can put any screw into the headstock and as long as it's not too big (big enough to split the wood) or too small then it'll do the job. If you're really worried about resale then you should go for option #2.

that is what to do. i can think of at least three or four times that calling has benefited me. once with a special type of fuse for car audio (240amp alternator) for 5400 watts of sub plus another 880watts for the mids and tweets, i called them and they sent me three. those suckers cost like $10 a piece and i couldn't get them anywhere.

another time i got a what i considered a bad batch of D'addario strings, (10pack) they next day air mailed me 10 brand new sets of strings.

even with MF, i ordered 10 tubes, they were packed terribly and you could tell they were just thrown around in there. so i call and complain, 10 free identical screws, and i answred one of their surveys and they called me and wanted to talk to me. they gave me a $20 credit on my account IN addition to the new tubes. find 20 JJ's for $80 lol

point being, its always worth a try. voice that you really like them and be respectful. they usually will do their best to help

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: