Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-12-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
Rikah

Wiring EMG 60 / 81 with no tone?

Hi All,

I have just bought a Jim root Stratocaster pickguard for my strat project as i only want 1 volume and no tone.

i am soon going to buy a set of EMG 81/ 60 pickups and was wondering while wiring up the solderless kit, could i just miss out the tone pots and wiring and just wire the volume pot?

Would this be fine?

Thanks
Rikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:53 AM   #2
Tallwood13

yeah it would be fine, i hate the solderless kits myself as soldering isn't very hard it comes up a lot on forums of people saying it isnt hard but if everything is tinned and you practice a little it's a breeze.

The instructions in it should be more than helpful. If not there is two videos that come to mind. The Zakk Wlyde instructional video or this if we pay attention to what the founder of EMG is talking about.

if i remember right its one white wire that is going from the base of the tone pot to the volume pot, just disconnect it from the harness and you're good, if anything though you can do two volume as well unless you've only got the two pots, one saying volume with 6 or so teeth and the tone only having 4 or so teeth on the back.

this may help , if not like before the zakk wylde instructional video rob turner does a good job of explaining how his product works.
Tallwood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
Rikah

Thank you very much tallwood! much appreciated
Rikah is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: