Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
davidsanjenis

Chibanez question

hey all

so i got a guitar from China and it looks alright so far. I was looking for something better than my behringer guitar and something with a floyd rose so i can see what the bridge is capable of.

Now for my guitar question..

so the nails on the back do not seem to line up well with the springs..
i have only own one other guitar and i wonder if this is bad manufacturing?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...thint=folder%2c

the files are too large to add on here so i created a link.
Thanks

I can ask for a partial refund and i would like to fix this if it is a problem.

Thanks for your time.
feel free to ask questions too
davidsanjenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

The screws are crooked. Probably not a big issue.

FWIW though, I'm guessing you bought a Fake Ibanez direct from China? If so, I'd bet most of the hardware is probably fake as shit. If you end up having issues, I doubt it'll be from just the spring claw.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
T00DEEPBLUE
Hello Victoria

Yeah there's no reason the adjustment screws for the claw should be misaligned. It's a manufacturing blunder. But being a fake guitar, expect that to be the least of your issues.

Also expect the floyd rose to be a piece of shit.

Ask for a partial refund and then buy a guitar that isn't counterfeit.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
slimjimmypage

As others have said, that shouldn't be a huge problem. What will be a problem is the bridge. And the pots. And the unpotted pickups, and the pickup selector, the wire gauge, the solder joints, the tuning heads, the neck joint, the nut, humidity and... everything else. Maybe it will be a nice wallhanger.

FWIW, I'd complain about the manufacturing errors, get a full refund and hope that they let you keep the thing. Then save up and buy a real Ibanez.
slimjimmypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimmypage
As others have said, that shouldn't be a huge problem. What will be a problem is the bridge. And the pots. And the unpotted pickups, and the pickup selector, the wire gauge, the solder joints, the tuning heads, the neck joint, the nut, humidity and... everything else. Maybe it will be a nice wallhanger.

FWIW, I'd complain about the manufacturing errors, get a full refund and hope that they let you keep the thing. Then save up and buy a real Ibanez.

but yeah, I would refund it too. You might think you got a steal because a regular JEM is a few thousand dollars but there's a reason why there's a price discrepancy in the first place. It's not just the name on the headstock either.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
ryanbwags

That sustain block looks really empty as floyds go. Do they usually have all that space in there? I'm used to seeing solid metal there.
ryanbwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
Rickholly74

I own three Chibsons but I have stayed away from the Ibanez clones because I sense they have to many things that can go wrong like the fake Floyd. Out of my three Chibsons two came nearly perfect and one (my first) I immediately modded with all new hardware because that's why I got it in the first place. I wanted to completely mod a Les Paul from top to bottom. I can't comment on the Ibanez or PRS cones but the past year or so the Les Paul's have really been good.
As for the business of asking for a partial refund, you can try but I wouldn't hold out to much hope. These sellers are independent from the site you bought from (Aliexpress, Alibaba, DH Gate etc.). Once you have agree to release payment to the seller your chances are slim to none that you will get anything back. Give it try though, you have nothing to loose.
Rickholly74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: