Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
transformed

crybaby wah problem

I just added a switch to my gcb-95 crybaby that switches off the 4.7uf capacitor which is supposed to turn it into a volume pedal (of sorts). But when I switch the capacitor off it just cuts off my whole signal. Everything else works; it still does its wah-wah sound.

I had a similar problem with a pedal I built a while back and all that I needed to do was resolder the switch. I tried that here and it didn't do a thing. I also tested it with my multimeter and there wasn't any resistance between the input and output points, which leads me to believe it isn't a broken switch.

If anybody has any suggestions as to what's wrong they would be greatly appreciated.
transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Invader Jim

Pics and maybe a diagram of how you wired it (how it IS wired, NOT how it SHOULD BE wired)?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:12 AM   #3
Davidavila

Hi! transformed I am a new bie to this forum. So, Could you please post a picture which will be very helpful for me to give a perfect solution to your problem.
Davidavila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
transformed

Attached Images

Old 09-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #5
Invader Jim

I think I see the problem. You are shorting across the cap when it is supposed to be switched out. All you need is an SPST on/off switch to lift one of the leads of the cap. It should still work, though, if you remove the green wire in the diagram.

Last edited by Invader Jim : 09-06-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: typos
Invader Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
transformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Jim
I think I see the problem. You are shorting across the cap when it is supposed to be switched out. All you need is an SPST on/off switch to lift one of the leads of the cap. It should still work, though, if you remove the green wire in the diagram.

Took off the green wire and it works fine now. Thanks!

Rate This Thread: