Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
waspenterprises

Makeshift bucket drum kit?

Hey all --

Been wanting to build a drum kit out of buckets and barrels and such. Seems like a fun idea, not entirely sure how to go about it.

If any of y'all have an already made tutorial I'm into that but specifically, these issues:

Stability of the drums to the ground; I can't just smack a bucket and hope it stays in the same spot.

Sound emulation; What materials/buckets/barrels/etc best emulate a snare, tom, etc?

The bass drum; I have absolutely no idea about this.

I know these sorts of things exist, not sure how common it is though. Any insight is appreciated.
waspenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
gratefulduck
Lies Beautiful Lies

for the bass drum, your gonna want to go big. how big is variable. have to try a lot of stuff out. for the snare, shoot for a metal tin with a plastic lid. for authenticity, you could attach snare wire, but i like a handful of pennies when i do this kind of stuff. and i like different sized coffee cans for tom stuff.
gratefulduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: