Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  

Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2014
Makeshift bucket drum kit?

Hey all --

Been wanting to build a drum kit out of buckets and barrels and such. Seems like a fun idea, not entirely sure how to go about it.

If any of y'all have an already made tutorial I'm into that but specifically, these issues:

Stability of the drums to the ground; I can't just smack a bucket and hope it stays in the same spot.

Sound emulation; What materials/buckets/barrels/etc best emulate a snare, tom, etc?

The bass drum; I have absolutely no idea about this.

I know these sorts of things exist, not sure how common it is though. Any insight is appreciated.
waspenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
Lies Beautiful Lies
gratefulduck's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
for the bass drum, your gonna want to go big. how big is variable. have to try a lot of stuff out. for the snare, shoot for a metal tin with a plastic lid. for authenticity, you could attach snare wire, but i like a handful of pennies when i do this kind of stuff. and i like different sized coffee cans for tom stuff.
gratefulduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.