Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
KyleSimmons

Kahler 7300 V 2300

Does anybody know what the difference is between a 7300 series trem and a 2300 series trem? I've heard that its just 2300 is hand assembled, does hand assembly justify the extra price, or is a 7300 fine?
KyleSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

According to Kahler, the 2300 series is an "upgrade" from the old Kahler X-Trem bridges, while the 7300 series is a drop-in replacement for the old X-Trem bridge-equipped guitars. The 2300 series seems to be their flagship model now. Is it worth the extra money? Well; based on the limited specs that Kahler has released, it is hard to say. It is a newer design, and it is advertised as a "modular" design (so that different components can be swapped out, I suppose). Is is a better design for tremolo use? I have not read or heard anything that says it is. Drop Kahler an e-mail and ask them why the 2300 series is better. They might convince you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
dspellman

Drop a line to the boys at Wammiworld dot com -- that's really the go-to source for most things Kahler these days. The 2300s are "hand-buil"t here in LA. The 7300s are USA-made but factory versions. If it's up to me, I'm running the 7300.
dspellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
KyleSimmons

Yeah dspell, thats what I'm thinking, and besides; If it's not DOA, I don't see anything but the springs or the rollers really wearing out.
KyleSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: