Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #21
dark&broken
UG Newbie

I'm currently playing oblivion, with SI + KOTN, and a total of 96 .esm/.esp files checked, which means around 85-90 mods, a list which still grows, as no matter how much I tell myself I have to stop, I always end up finding more.. and adding them... luckily haven't ****ed up my savegame yet.. that I know of anyways

The above is not a scam. The internet IS serious business. Seriously.
dark&broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
Night_Lights
I've been here too long

Oblivion + mods.

That is all.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL]
Night_Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #23
xxunder-takerxx
The UT

the only mods i use is make it pretty and some item mods. my favorite is the cape one and theres 1 or 2 huge armor pack (i like the one where all the armor is just on the floor of the shop i think in chorrol, so i just break in at night and steal it all and make a crap ton of money). different colored glass stuff is cool too.

theifs ftw! gets boring though with all that money. mages are my favorite. who needs lockpicks...(cept skeleton key)

i also hope in V they add more benefits to currently useless skills, like security. (once u get the skeleton key, security is useless. or just get some lock open skills).
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC

Last edited by xxunder-takerxx : 09-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.
xxunder-takerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #24
Capitalistklok

oblivion was the best use of $50 i ever spent on a video game lol, followed by Fallout 3. but oblivion was better than fallout. far more sideline things going on in oblivion... although the environment/setting of fallout i loved way way way more.... never been much into the whole D & D swords and monsters stuff too much haha. mods for oblivion kicked ass! i have no idea how many hours i spent just wandering around... just finding stuff to do. cant wait to waste more time on the next one lol

schecter avenger

UG Libertarians!

BRTL Clothing
Capitalistklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #25
xxunder-takerxx
The UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalistklok
oblivion was the best use of $50 i ever spent on a video game lol, followed by Fallout 3. but oblivion was better than fallout. far more sideline things going on in oblivion... although the environment/setting of fallout i loved way way way more.... never been much into the whole D & D swords and monsters stuff too much haha. mods for oblivion kicked ass! i have no idea how many hours i spent just wandering around... just finding stuff to do. cant wait to waste more time on the next one lol

amen dude. i love how u can get quests just by overhearing people. its a shame the main story was only like 10-12 hours.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
Capitalistklok

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxunder-takerxx
amen dude. i love how u can get quests just by overhearing people. its a shame the main story was only like 10-12 hours.

yeah that main quest situation kinda sucked.... but it more than made up for lack of main quest content with the ridiculous amount of side quests/events

schecter avenger

UG Libertarians!

BRTL Clothing
Capitalistklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #27
maidenfan15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalistklok

I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3 equally. Oblivion hd a lot of quests and dungeones, but most of them were veyr boring. Go here, grab this, come back.

Fallout 3 had less dungeons, but each dungeon had its own story and the quests were always unique.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
maidenfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #28
tayroar
Dragonslayer

I loved Oblivion but my only problem is like I didn't feel like I was challenged or something. I would find it cool if they had bigger creatures like dragons and stuff. To be honest it would be really cool if they could put Fables combat system with Oblivion and put giant monsters on it that you could hunt and like sale their heart or something for large moneys.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
Daydream_Goo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndromity
I'm just saying this topic would probably do better there then as it's own thread.

No it wouldn't, it would be discussed mildly then everyone's attention would go to another topic. Hero.

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Daydream_Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #30
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Dan_666
Morrowind GOTY is epic.
Solstheim in particular.

Also, I hope the rumours are true about ES:V in Skyrim.
Yeah there's something about that floating around, I can't remember where I heard it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayroar
I loved Oblivion but my only problem is like I didn't feel like I was challenged or something. I would find it cool if they had bigger creatures like dragons and stuff. To be honest it would be really cool if they could put Fables combat system with Oblivion and put giant monsters on it that you could hunt and like sale their heart or something for large moneys.
And yeah, I agree some of the monsters weren't big and hard enough (after lvl 30 or so everything got relatively easy to kill). There should be really big and difficult monsters in the new one.

And boss battles. That would be badass.

Last edited by Pat_s1t : 09-22-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #31
maidenfan15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
Yeah there's something about that floating around, I can't remember where I heard it though.

The only real reason people are saying that is because Bethesda recently copywrighted the name Skygrim.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
maidenfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #32
pak1351
Disillusioned UGer

Morrowind >> Oblivion.

That's all
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #33
madbasslover
UG's ***** Hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pak1351
Morrowind >> Oblivion.

That's all

I was just about to say the same.

D E N S E_F R E N E T I C_N O I S E

madbasslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #34
dark&broken
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenfan15
I liked Oblivion and Fallout 3 equally. Oblivion hd a lot of quests and dungeones, but most of them were veyr boring. Go here, grab this, come back.

Fallout 3 had less dungeons, but each dungeon had its own story and the quests were always unique.

+1

Oblivion had more to do, but Fallout has such a well developed backstory and lore to it, and easily has one of the best atmospheres.

The above is not a scam. The internet IS serious business. Seriously.
dark&broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #35
lordofthefood1
A blank survey

My overview of TES.

Arena : typical AD&D-esque game with that typical DOS look, nothing special

Daggerfall : huge. (But some more) probably looked down upon based on graphics and that it is buggy, but hey, it is a like DOS game. If they remade this game using modern graphics, and possibly a real combat system instead of number/dice based, I can almost assure that it would be hailed as one of the greatest sandbox RPG games of all time

Morrowind : probably the all around best, though the biggest flaw is that it still has that dice system; with the graphics it is almost a tease that you clearly shoot something and do not kill it. The graphics were pretty dang sweet using Better Bodies mod. Some of the improvements were pretty cool, like adding spears and Imperials, though they got rid of sweet things like perks/negs and the cool, "mistake" steal/lock system. I'm glad they got rid of fast travel, that is for nubs. Obviously it could have been geographically big like Daggerfall, but I'm content with the expansion-map size.

Oblivion : basically turned the series into Fable/Baulders Gate*/Diablo/what have you (*the console version, not the computer). The game was over simplified and a lot of amazing things were removed (how can knives and swords be the same type of weapon? Where is the axe skill? Only four/five pieces of armor? No levitation because they wanted to make the main town look pretty as a different zone? Grow with you system*? (Sure, Morrowind utilized this system too, but not for weapons and armor and magic; only for monsters so you don't get the shit beat out of you instantly when you decide to explore, but you still will if you go too far out of where you 'should' be (but damn those Cliffracers and Scuttlefish!)). The game looks very pretty, but is very boring. The combat/sneak system from Thief was pretty cool, I'll give that as the upside to this game.
lordofthefood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #36
xxunder-takerxx
The UT

^^ completely right. the main skill i missed in oblivion was unarmored. u always look more badass in a robe (especially mages) but its stupid not to wear armor cause theres no unarmored skill.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #37
Dannystrumpop
Stand and Deliver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxunder-takerxx
^^ completely right. the main skill i missed in oblivion was unarmored. u always look more badass in a robe (especially mages) but its stupid not to wear armor cause theres no unarmored skill.

I thought a lot of things were taken out. I think they may have tried making the series more accessable to casual gamers really. Each one has got less complex as the series progresses, but maybe the 5th will be a surprise. Some said they were going for a MMO but Bethesda denied it, but did mention something about Zenimax planning something in the future. Sadly I have no idea who Zenimax are or if I got that name right...

Does anybody else feel like the dark elves quit smoking since Morrowind? What happened to their voices?

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Dannystrumpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #38
kxy1992
UG's Kelso

I have over 700 saves in Oblivion. I create so many characters and have multiple saves for them
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
kxy1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #39
Dirge Humani
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxy1992
I have over 700 saves in Oblivion. I create so many characters and have multiple saves for them

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinduck01
ololololol im gay i like buttsex
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #40
Piscasis
Banned

Weird I just recently started a Elder Scrolls Group. http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tesa/. Anyways I've played both Morrowind and Oblivion on pc and xbox and I don't understand why everyone bashes Oblivion so much. Sure a lot was taken out from what Morrowind had but things were added too and I felt it the environment was very easy to get into and figuratively put you inside the game. Since I've had it for pc though I honestly can't go back to console Oblivion, I just have way to many mods now.
Piscasis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: