User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #41
Colton165
UG's Steve Morse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveredSurvival
Saw them recently they played Kissing the Shadows.

sweet, Kissing the Shadows is one of my favorite if not my favorite song by them
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Colton165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #42
ESPLTDV401DX

Damn this thread is dying.
ESPLTDV401DX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #43
InvaderTSN
Praise the sun!

Guess you can say this thread is going towards dead end.

lololol
InvaderTSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #44
metallicafan616
Feminist

That's probably because the band is dying, and can't return.

They either make a sub-par album in the style they want to write in or a sub-par album similar to what fans want but it will indefinitely fail due to the fact they don't like writing in the style.

Plus Alexi has gotten sloppy with playing only the easier stuff from blooddrunk albums, so it is dissapointing seeing him play things like KTS live

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
metallicafan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #45
Dethkreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicafan616
That's probably because the band is dying, and can't return.

They either make a sub-par album in the style they want to write in or a sub-par album similar to what fans want but it will indefinitely fail due to the fact they don't like writing in the style.

Plus Alexi has gotten sloppy with playing only the easier stuff from blooddrunk albums, so it is dissapointing seeing him play things like KTS live

Exactly this. They are just dying. The original fans are growing tired of their older ****, and disliking most of the new ****. They seem to have kind of given up and let the more mainstream popularity they have attained run its course.

They've created some gems for sure, great songs that will go down as classics (At least in my book). But I think that's all we're gonna see from them.
Dethkreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 AM   #46
Alter-Bridge
Is Enchanted to meet you

Location: Friday night beneath the stars, in a field behind your yard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderTSN
Guess you can say this thread is going towards dead end.

lololol

Or the thread is on the Downfall.

ololol

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Alter-Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #47
Marskell
UG's Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianyx
I reckon they just got progressively worse.

THIS
Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #48
misfitsramones

i saw them a few nights ago in toronto, my third time seeing them, and i think it was their best show out of the 3 i have seen.
they played a killer set.

Has it ever come down to do or die
You've got to rise above the rest.
misfitsramones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #49
ESPLTDV401DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkreep
Exactly this. They are just dying. The original fans are growing tired of their older ****, and disliking most of the new ****. They seem to have kind of given up and let the more mainstream popularity they have attained run its course.

They've created some gems for sure, great songs that will go down as classics (At least in my book). But I think that's all we're gonna see from them.

Yeah im growing tired of their old stuff slowly. Unless the next album (if there even is one) is like Hatebreeder 2: Still breeding hate or follow the reaper 2 I will be done with them. CoB were angels that have now fallen from grace. I watch the passage to the reaper dvd and can't believe Alexi is the same guy that made AYDY or Blooddrunk. He was off with the Jackson RR and CoB were better off with Alexander. No disrespect to Roope, but Alexander is more suited to them.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #50
Oddsbodkins
Headdie The Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPLTDV401DX
Yeah im growing tired of their old stuff slowly. Unless the next album (if there even is one) is like Hatebreeder 2: Still breeding hate or follow the reaper 2 I will be done with them. CoB were angels that have now fallen from grace. I watch the passage to the reaper dvd and can't believe Alexi is the same guy that made AYDY or Blooddrunk. He was off with the Jackson RR and CoB were better off with Alexander. No disrespect to Roope, but Alexander is more suited to them.

I'm not sure it was anything to do with Roope to be honest, it's Alexi who writes most of the songs and lyrics and the music is going to move in whatever direction he chooses.

HCDR is a very different sounding record to Something Wild anyway, and those were both recorded with Jacksons and Alex.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #51
ESPLTDV401DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsbodkins
I'm not sure it was anything to do with Roope to be honest, it's Alexi who writes most of the songs and lyrics and the music is going to move in whatever direction he chooses.

HCDR is a very different sounding record to Something Wild anyway, and those were both recorded with Jacksons and Alex.

Yeah good point. Although HCDR and Something wild were still amazing albums. Also didn't Alexi get the Jackson stolen before AYDY
Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #52
Crutchy
Eat weed. Hail Satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveredSurvival
Well I do now what songs they played... but I'm not sure it the order is correct.

Living Dead Beat
Hellhounds on My Trail
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Follow The Reaper
Lake Bodom
Bodom After Midnight
Are You Dead Yet?
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Children of Decadence
Kissing The Shadows (They played this just for MTL apparently)
Bodom Beach Terror
Downfall

Encore:
Everytime I die
Hate Crew Deathroll

Goddamn that's a sexy setlist. I should be seeing on my way to go see them right now but I had no fucking ride.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #53
ESPLTDV401DX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutchy
Goddamn that's a sexy setlist. I should be seeing on my way to go see them right now but I had no fucking ride.

Its okay.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #54
ESPLTDV401DX

Sorry for double posting but I have to say this. I saw them last night and it was epic. It was my first concert. I jumped in a few pits and they were almost perfect. People were climbing up the pillars that hold the building up and diving off them. I was front row

Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX : 10-04-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #55
DashBlaster
UG's Aspiring Violinist

So a friend of mine went to the concert in Edmonton last night. Then as she was heading to her car, she got called over by Jaska, and ended up hanging out with them till one in the morning. I'm so jealous.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #56
metallicafan616
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashBlaster
So a friend of mine went to the concert in Edmonton last night. Then as she was heading to her car, she got called over by Jaska, and ended up hanging out with them till one in the morning. I'm so jealous.

'hanging' ? right?...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
metallicafan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #57
Shinozoku
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by destöroyah
alexi is overrated as a soloist and under-rated among rif***e circles.

I agree to an extent. Alexi got me into sweeping, but he's influenced me more rhythmically and tonally than anything. Alexi's the reason I turn my mids up more. I can't stand scooping my mids any more because it feels so flat and lifeless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkreep

I've been a fan for about 3 or 4 years now and got started with AYDY and went back. I love all of their albums for various reasons (although it's easy to pick out some aspects of the newer material that could have been changed... Imagine Blooddrunk with the Follow The Reaper tone). The music still speaks to me in a way that other music can't. And I still get adrenaline rushes from their red albums especially. Something about both Something Wild and HCDR (their attempt at returning to their roots) is just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores

Last edited by Shinozoku : 10-04-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Shinozoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #58
ninja tortois3

Children of Bodom were sort of my gateway band into heavier stuff so they'll always hold that special place. Although at first I abhorred Alexi's vocals, eventually they grew on me which consequently led to me liking other, better done harsh vocals.

Favorite song is Bed of Razors, unfortunately they didn't play it when I saw them , but they only had about a 45 minute set because they were supporting LoG. Needless to say I was disappointed but they still put on a great show, I think it was right before Alexi fell out of his bed or whatever and hurt himself too.
ninja tortois3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #59
Classicalgreg

Their first tree albums are THE best (Something wild, Hatebreeder, Follow the reaper) but i really didn't like are you dead yet? and bloodrunk.
The first song iv'e ever heard by them was in your face and i didn't like it but eventually i came back to them and listened to follow the reaper and loved them ever since haha
Classicalgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #60
teh_guitard00d
Banned

Which album is the easiest/hardest to play?
teh_guitard00d is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: