Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #61
GodOfEmptyness

I've got two Cort X-6's (SA & VPR). The SA model has the stock pups replaced with two Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers & a SD Hot Rail. The VPR wil have a set of SD Blackouts when I'm done with installing them (Ahb-1, As-1, Ahb-2 metal)

They're just amazing guitars, worth at least 3-4 times their price imo..

Mp3's
GodOfEmptyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #62
Baraga
just another guitarrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfEmptyness
I've got two Cort X-6's (SA & VPR). The SA model has the stock pups replaced with two Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers & a SD Hot Rail. The VPR wil have a set of SD Blackouts when I'm done with installing them (Ahb-1, As-1, Ahb-2 metal)

They're just amazing guitars, worth at least 3-4 times their price imo..

Good to hear that
Old 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #63
Shredding 4Life

I've got a KX5 in metallic red. Looks great, feels great, plays great. My number 1 guitar!! (albeit it is only compared to my Ashton starter guitar... )

It's true, feels so much better than my friends LP copy... And I think that was around 400!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #64
phank

I inherited a guitar that says Cort (but not the current logo, different font) on the truss rod cover. But it doesn't look like anything else I've ever seen, so the brand name is all I know about it. If there are any Cort experts here, maybe they can identify this thing.

phank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #65
Baraga
just another guitarrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phank
I inherited a guitar that says Cort (but not the current logo, different font) on the truss rod cover. But it doesn't look like anything else I've ever seen, so the brand name is all I know about it. If there are any Cort experts here, maybe they can identify this thing.

I would bet on the Masterpiece series, which aren't sold anymore. They are the highest quality guitars made by Cort.
I see no logo on the headstock
Old 12-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #66
GS LEAD 5

Doesn Cort make ERG's? I've seen lots of 6's, but not a 7 or an 8 till date.
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #67
pudsli

Hi All.
cort g260 opn is one of my guitars.
i like it.
all the best steve.
pudsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #68
Lozhaze

I'm a beginner and i mean just a couple of weeks on a borrowed acoustic so i really am brand new. I listen to metal mostly but dont really know what i will want to play obviously.

I'm looking for my first guitar and have seen a used Cort X6 in good nick for (i think) a good price. Will i be alright with this guitar? The tremelo bothers me a bit tuning wise, but its a great looking rock guitar.
Lozhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #69
igalic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozhaze
I'm a beginner and i mean just a couple of weeks on a borrowed acoustic so i really am brand new. I listen to metal mostly but dont really know what i will want to play obviously.

I'm looking for my first guitar and have seen a used Cort X6 in good nick for (i think) a good price. Will i be alright with this guitar? The tremelo bothers me a bit tuning wise, but its a great looking rock guitar.

Since you're just starting out and as you've said yourself you're not sure what you're going to play, I would recommend you get a guitar with a fixed bridge. While learning, especially metal, you're going to come across songs in different tunings and re-tuning your guitar to a different tuning is a royal pain if you have a floyd rose system. Then there's changing the string gauge and even just restringing (which may not be an issue with a quality floyd rose system, but I wouldn't bet the one on the X6 is).

Try to get someone more experienced to help you find a guitar, but most importantly, play it before buying and don't buy something that doesn't feel right to you.

Still, here are some things you may want to look for:

- fixed bridge
- set-in neck if possible (or even better neck-through, but that's going to be very hard to find at that price range)
- humbuckers (for metal; if you want something more versatile then try to find a humbucker-single coil-humbucker guitar). In a lower-priced instrument, you'll usually get lower-quality pickups, but that's one thing that can easily be changed later though.
- locking tuners if possible
- quality wood (again, for metal it's mostly going to be mahogany, but it's not a guarantee of a good instrument, nor does a different type of wood mean it's not good)
- string-through (for better sustain)

I think those are the most important "features" to look for, but then again, features can be deceiving, and a low-priced guitar with many features is probably a much lower quality instrument than a guitar with the same price and fewer features.

Try to stay away from any signature models - you'll be paying too much for the name and won't get anything with it.

Good luck
igalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #70
Lozhaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by igalic
Since you're just starting out and as you've said yourself you're not sure what you're going to play, I would recommend you get a guitar with a fixed bridge. While learning, especially metal, you're going to come across songs in different tunings and re-tuning your guitar to a different tuning is a royal pain if you have a floyd rose system. Then there's changing the string gauge and even just restringing (which may not be an issue with a quality floyd rose system, but I wouldn't bet the one on the X6 is).

Try to get someone more experienced to help you find a guitar, but most importantly, play it before buying and don't buy something that doesn't feel right to you.

Still, here are some things you may want to look for:

- fixed bridge
- set-in neck if possible (or even better neck-through, but that's going to be very hard to find at that price range)
- humbuckers (for metal; if you want something more versatile then try to find a humbucker-single coil-humbucker guitar). In a lower-priced instrument, you'll usually get lower-quality pickups, but that's one thing that can easily be changed later though.
- locking tuners if possible
- quality wood (again, for metal it's mostly going to be mahogany, but it's not a guarantee of a good instrument, nor does a different type of wood mean it's not good)
- string-through (for better sustain)

I think those are the most important "features" to look for, but then again, features can be deceiving, and a low-priced guitar with many features is probably a much lower quality instrument than a guitar with the same price and fewer features.

Try to stay away from any signature models - you'll be paying too much for the name and won't get anything with it.

Good luck

Thanks for making the effort to help me out, its appreciated.

I did ask one friend and he recommended a fixed bridge too so i'll take that on board.

I dont want to take this thread OT so i'll maybe start a new one asking for advice after i've had a read through a few pages.

Thanks again.
Lozhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #71
Sumizome

I got tired of my cheap strat copy thingy so basically I want something fitting for metal (mostly power metal) and some neoclassical stuff (I'd prefer 24 frets, mahogany/alder body, a floyd rose system)
I was looking at the VX-4V (mostly because I found one on sale).
Could anyone shed some light on it?
Sumizome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #72
Ippon
Amped

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS LEAD 5
Doesn Cort make ERG's? I've seen lots of 6's, but not a 7 or an 8 till date.
http://www.cortguitars.com/_webapp_3832387/EVL-K47B

I've seen older 7s, too.

Field Marshall 7 strings/ERG e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #73
MetalMike67

I've been interested in the Cort EVL X-6 that came out not to long ago. Frome the specs. on it, it seems very well made, and what interests me the most, are those EMG's. The 89 and 81tw active pups with coil tap! Supposeivley, the 89 and 81tw are comparable to the 85 and 81, only the 89 81tw combo sports coil taps. If anybody on here has had the chance to play the EVL X-6 or has tested the EMg 89 and 81tw combo, would you please give me some sort of review.
MetalMike67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #74
Blackus

Hi, I've tested a couple of X-11 in a music store and I was very disapointed, the guitar never stayed in tune, I tested 2 X-11 and the second, the salesman that is a luthier too, said that it needs adjustment in the strings on the backside, because the LFR was unbalanced and it is a cheap bridge, if I want a guitar to stay in tune, I'd have to spend more in a expensive guitar or change the bridge to a Gotoh one.

What you guys think about that? These Cort with LFR is really cheap as never stay in tune or I was with bad luck?

The guitars was in the box, recently arrived from the factory, and I guess the factory should send it adjusted and tested.

It is true that I will have to buy an expensive guitar to have one to stays in tune?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Last edited by Blackus : 08-21-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: post was incomplete
Blackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #75
mattwigan

Hi i have just purchased a Cort G260 with the hot rail pick ups and its great for the money i paid, its the cherry burst colour with the wilkinson trem.
mattwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #76
panic filth
6z6a6r

hey..
i've just bought an x-1 as my 1st ever electric guitar..
i have a question here, hope u can help me since i'm new to electric guitars,.

when i play high notes on the 1st string, starting from 14th fret onwards, the sound just doesn't last..which means its ring doesn't last..i have to bend it upwards to make it ring longer, or else the ring just died immediately..is this common? or something wrong with the pickups?
panic filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #77
Blackus

Quote:
Originally Posted by panic filth
hey..
i've just bought an x-1 as my 1st ever electric guitar..
i have a question here, hope u can help me since i'm new to electric guitars,.

when i play high notes on the 1st string, starting from 14th fret onwards, the sound just doesn't last..which means its ring doesn't last..i have to bend it upwards to make it ring longer, or else the ring just died immediately..is this common? or something wrong with the pickups?

I'm having this issue too, with a m600t. I guess our guitar needs fret leveling, that means that one of the frets down the end of fretboard is little too high and is killing the sound. or the action is too low. does it make buzz?

We`d better thake our guitar to luthier.

Last edited by Blackus : 09-13-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #78
panic filth
6z6a6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackus
I'm having this issue too, with a m600t. I guess our guitar needs fret leveling, that means that one of the frets down the end of fretboard is little too high and is killing the sound. or the action is too low. does it make buzz?

We`d better thake our guitar to luthier.

hmm..kind of..
i'm quite upset with the problem..
do you think a music store provides services to fix the issue?
panic filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #79
Blackus

Quote:
Originally Posted by panic filth
hmm..kind of..
i'm quite upset with the problem..
do you think a music store provides services to fix the issue?

Yes, sure, there must be some kind of warranty... and it is not a big deal, just some work on the frets. Good luck
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #80
Michael7777
Michael B

Is it possible to fit the Cort M600T bridge on the Cort M600? I have the M600 but would like to have the tremelo.
Michael7777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: