User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #901
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalRock4ever
You referred back to BVB not making good music. I'll come back to this major error in your accusation along with many other of your comments. And I go back again, who cares if people use old material. All composers copy off each other, they take musical ideas, motifs and use them in their pieces. If Axewound uses 90's rock choruses (or whatever you called them) who cares as long as it sounds good (I'll talk about this later).

Actually I believe my ORIGINAL point in that BvB thread was that the music is rather harmless and it's their attitude that makes them bad. If I remember correctly I did make reference to the music being bad in the last post, and if I'm gonna comply to the idea that music is subjected, then I'm gonna have to talk that back. Though then again when anyone says anything like that about music you should take it as a subjective comment, it's just doesn't work otherwise, so, my bad I guess. And as far as the older material BS you're spouting... I covered that in my last post, I don't care if bands do it... as long as they're aren't just ripping people off and not evolving musically.

Quote:
Now I said that you don't listen to great music because of the fact that there is no specific answer.

Well you really made that clear in your original post... what I took from that post was you claiming that I'm not allowed to say bad things about bands because I don't like the music you like...

Quote:
That doesn't mean you have to take the immature, annoying (remember this?) attack of slamming other people's music. Music is an expression of feelings, a spirit of someone. Start bashing someone else and saying 'more people will side with me' is completely and ridiculously idiotic.

"OMG that band sux" is immature and annoying. If you think my legitimate (albeit opinionated) comments on bands are immature then I'm not sure what to think; just because you claim I'm immature doesn't make it so, if I remember correctly it's you that had a breakdown and started to try and stamp on MY opinions. I never did that, I said my piece, waited for a response, and then replied in turn. I may be aggressive at times, but I'm passionate about music, I care deeply about it and in a way far more real than feeling like a band "understands me"

Half of my argument in the BvB comment was that their music ISN'T and expression of feeling, that's my point. It's commercial garbage designed to make money, sorry if that makes you're ears sting. If I genuinely could believe "Band X" were doing it because they wanted to be heartfelt then I can back it, even if I don't like the music. 90's Skrams is heartfelt, the band American Football are heatfelt... BvB do not seem heartfelt to me. You don't need to strut around like an attention ***** if all you're trying to do is express yourself (unless that expression is "oo ooo pay attention to me (and give me money)!")

Quote:
Especially when slamming a list. If someone wants to know what bands I listen to, they read it (like you). If you then feel 'waste of time', well, you made the choice. And I'm going go on your 'way of speech'; your list of bands was very long and pointless. Had some good, some bad'. Happy? And I don't particularly care if you listen to new music.

Think you miss-understood, MY list is waste of time, since I've not updated it since 2009.

Quote:
So the point when I wanted to refer to was talking about BVB, since music is an expression of feelings, or a spirit, it affects different people in different ways. If I like some of the bands you don't like, who cares? Oh and Bring Me the Horizon. If you are one of those who don't like them because they switched from deathcore to fashion (or whatever they went to), for shame. I'm not saying you are but those who do are just lame. Experimenting bands are a must if their music doesn't get boring (matter of opinion).

You just don't get it do you? Those bands DON'T experiment, well BvB doesn't. I've freely admitted to liking the last two BMTH albums on this board many-a-time, but if I didn't like them, surely it's hypocritical to say "everyone has an opinion" to then just follow it with "if you think this then your opinion is stupid". I'm talking about my own interpretation which people can take or leave, you're talking about trying to stop me from voicing my opinion. Who's in the wrong here?

Quote:
I won't say I'm butthurt.

You act it.

Quote:
I think those who say that are the ones who are butthurt. Look at you with all your comments, still on the same thread writing. I looked at my posts for fun. But then you seem to never leave something alone. Good in some ways, bad in others.

It's called a discussion, it's what keeps forums going, if people want to respond to me, I'll listen, if they have good points, I've been proved wrong before, but just hearing "ur a h8er" or "if you don't like it shut up" has never really swayed me before. Just because I take a negative stance to you doesn't mean I'm a bad person or shouldn't be allowed to voice my opinion. Why should it? That's what free speech is there to protect, I'm not hurting anyone, of course assuming that their skin is thick enough to hear bad comments against their pet band. If I'm butt hurt about anything it's over the fact that you have the cheek to somehow imply that I'm not allowed to voice my opinion just because you don't like it. Maybe I should be calling YOU Hitler.

Quote:
You can reply all you want, but I won't care if you call me swears or whatever. One needs a cool head when arguing, otherwise you say stupid comments like many of the things you said in the last few paragraphs. And like the comment above says...

Ah, now we get onto the insults. Are you trying to get me to not take you seriously? Do you really think taking the tact of a middle-schooler is really going to somehow get me to shut up? If nothing else it proves to me that people who complain about me voicing my opinion are exactly the ones that should hear it, so they can realise they're not always right about their lives (ie about the bands they like so much.) I have never (seriously) directly insulted someone on this board over musical taste, like I have said already, I voice my opinion, people can take it or leave it. If you really have an issue, there is a way for you to hide all my posts so you never have to see them again. Go ahead and do it, if you really can't stand my opinion and feel like I'm not allowed one, then in fact I'd rather you did that.

You act like I go into the thread of every band I have issue with and hate on them. I don't. I go into one or two threads I have strong opinions about, with well thought out arguments and then I post there (sometimes that takes long paragraphs, or sometimes it's a sentence or two; quality over quantity), to which people can either ignore or engage me in discussion about my opinions, either to the negative or the positive. If I simply don't like a band why would I go out of my way to hate on it? That's ******ed.

It seems by having strong opinions and considered arguments I've stepped on a toe or two, but is that my fault for having an opinion or someone else's for not accepting I'm allowed to voice it?

Unless your response to this (assuming you do) holds anything I strongly feel the need to reply to, then I'm not going to bother. If you can't accept that I will voice a negative opinion then I'd rather ignore you than try to convince you that I'm well within my rights to do so. I once had a conversation much like this with a user called "The Virtuoso" (at least I think it was, apologies to "The Virtuoso" if I'm wrong) but I was more in your position. Then they pointed out they can post negative arguments if they want to... then I realised, despite the fact I disagreed with him on every count... that they could say what they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #902
guitgrinder
Look! Over there!!!---->

Oh. My. God. I clicked on this thread thinkin' God, why won't this thread just ****ing die?!!!" Then I just saw that wall of text. I admit; I did not read it, but I'm 110% confident in my assessment that my life is better because of it.
guitgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #903
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Yeah I'll be the first to admit the entire situation is a little immature, I feel kinda bad that I rose to it in the first place =(

Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #904
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!

It's normal for hardcore kids to make such mistakes

Listening to Casus Luciferi
The phone rings
I pick up
A voice says "You will die from AIDS in seven days"
"Who is this?" I cry, panic taking hold and wavering my voice.

"Filthy Casual" the voice croaks back in return.
The Wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #905
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Guess I'll go back to my hardcore corner and think about what I've done xD

Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #906
pwnadgebunny

oh look, the "Slipknot" thread where no one talks about Slipknot.
pwnadgebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #907
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Well I have an idea if people actually want to talk about Slipknot...

What will the death of Paul mean for the writing process on the next album. Apparently other members were more involved in "All Hope Is Gone" and it ended up being the worst album they put out.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #908
MetalRock4ever
Watchin the world pass by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
it ended up being the worst album they put out.

Arguably the worst. They're working (I hope...) on a new album, so let's see (I hope it's like Iowa). Still had good songs like Snuff, Dead Memories and Psychosocial (forgot how to spell it). There are of course others, but they're the ones off the top of my head.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Shakespeare - Macbeth
MetalRock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #909
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I'll admit Snuff was good and Psychosocial had a good chorus. But it's still not the strongest chorus they've written.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #910
arthur_s

People that respond to threads like these are really weird and funny while reading comments. But anyway Slipknot is one big metal machine. Their clips are also scary
arthur_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #911
jjfeu662
Celestia

If I was to call Slipknot metalcore, how off would I be?
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #912
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfeu662
If I was to call Slipknot metalcore, how off would I be?

Full ****** levels off.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #913
jjfeu662
Celestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
Full ****** levels off.

So I should not be hearing the prominent hardcore punk influences that I'm hearing.
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #914
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfeu662
So I should not be hearing the prominent hardcore punk influences that I'm hearing.

I suggest contacting a doctor and having your ears examined.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #915
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

If you hear anything other than Nu-Metal and teenage angst then you need your head checked.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #916
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

wats up guys, i haven't posted since I registered.

slipknot is my favorite band. my favorite song is duality, how about you guys?
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #917
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Old 05-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #918
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

I'd honestly question the taste of anyone over 18 who's favourite band is still Slipknot.

I know a really MASSIVE die hard Slipknot fan, like was in to them since he was 12, got a logo tat and everything... even he's chilled out on them as far as massive fanboyism goes.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #919
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
I'd honestly question the taste of anyone over 18 who's favourite band is still Slipknot.

To be fair, about the above poster's comment on that...the dude's profile says he was born in '96. Which would make him 16 or 17. But whatever.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #920
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Guys, slipknot5678 is trolling, he's posted on this site for ages. He used to have a cockatoo avatar.

Rate This Thread: