Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Community Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

 
Old 10-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
RhAndroid
express yo'self.
 
RhAndroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
The ONLY Film Thread.

Due to the recent clutter of threads on individual films, I've took it upon myself to create...

The ONLY Film Thread



Rules:

1. Stay on the subject of film as a whole.

2. Respect everyone's opinions.

3. Mark SPOILERS where appropriate.

and basically, just all the standard UG rules you are expected to stand by.

Yeah, so, go forth Pit and talk about the beautiful media that is 'film'.
__________________
That there
That's not me
I go
Where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the Liffey
I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here
RhAndroid is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Has anyone seen Eraserhead?

Been wanting to see it for years
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Kensai
49ers
 
Kensai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco
Anyone seen Tigerland? I thought it was really good last time I saw it but no one else has seen it. Will probably rewatch it later tonight.
__________________
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
rushpython
Caught in a Mosh
 
rushpython's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Astral Plane
no
i think the bill murry movies are the BEST!
(groundhog day, caddyshack, ghost busters, etc.)
__________________
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
rushpython is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Anyone seen Tigerland? I thought it was really good last time I saw it but no one else has seen it. Will probably rewatch it later tonight.


I've seen it its good
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens
 
Karvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Memento is where it's at, bro.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
Memento is where it's at, bro.


+1
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
will123456789
No more nails!
 
will123456789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Yorkshire
I think my favourite films off of the top of my head are Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and Trainspotting

all awesome, and love them all.. I'm going to watch "seven" tonight with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, should be awesome.

and I think I'm going to make an order of DVDs over play.com (yes, I can watch them online, but usually they are terrible quality and take ages to buffer.. easier just watching it on a DVD player.)
__________________
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..



will123456789 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by will123456789
I think my favourite films off of the top of my head are Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and Trainspotting

all awesome, and love them all.. I'm going to watch "seven" tonight with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, should be awesome.

and I think I'm going to make an order of DVDs over play.com (yes, I can watch them online, but usually they are terrible quality and take ages to buffer.. easier just watching it on a DVD player.)


I saw seven the other day, you'll enjoy it
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
I dieslike the idea of no more individual film threads

but a film GOSSIP thread is a great idea.

I personally didn't like the ending of seven. kinda anti-climactic if you ask me
CoreysMonster is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I dieslike the idea of no more individual film threads

but a film GOSSIP thread is a great idea.

I personally didn't like the ending of seven. kinda anti-climactic if you ask me


Considering i was expecting another crazy twist, I was glad to see and ending that wasn't a twist but still clever, and it followed the rule of: Kevin Spacey is always a genius
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens
 
Karvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I saw seven the other day, you'll enjoy it

I never thought it's really a movie you can "enjoy." It's far too disturbing for that. That being said, it is one of my favorite movies; the whole ending (which I won't spoil) and the way everything was wrapped up was great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
Absinthe750mL
Registered User
 
Absinthe750mL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
gummo is the most mind****ing movie ive ever seen
__________________
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Absinthe750mL is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #14
WaitWhat?
Registered Abuser
 
WaitWhat?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushpython
no
i think the bill murry movies are the BEST!
(groundhog day, caddyshack, ghost busters, etc.)


He's awesome in Zombieland even though he's only in it for about ten minutes. Overall though my favourite movies with Bill Murray are Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation and Ghost Busters. I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed Lost in Translation to be honest... it was quite a nice surprise though.
__________________
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
WaitWhat? is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
WhiskeyFace
NSFW
 
WhiskeyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
I never thought it's really a movie you can "enjoy." It's far too disturbing for that. That being said, it is one of my favorite movies; the whole ending (which I won't spoil) and the way everything was wrapped up was great.


That's why i enjoyed it
__________________
Billy Not Really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #16
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
There's been about 50 "Only Movie Threads."

But yeah, everyone of you should watch Chinatown. Best movie ever made.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #17
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens
 
Karvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
There's been about 50 "Only Movie Threads."

But yeah, everyone of you should watch Chinatown. Best movie ever made.

I watched it a few months ago, and I finished watching it with mixed opinions. Of course, the creepy relationships in the movie did explain exactly why Polanski is where he is today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
ctfod
Your move, creep
 
ctfod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I dieslike the idea of no more individual film threads

but a film GOSSIP thread is a great idea.

I personally didn't like the ending of seven. kinda anti-climactic if you ask me

I liked it, I was just disappointed they ended it so soon after the climax, and didn't leave any room for a denoument.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever


he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
ctfod is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
I watched it a few months ago, and I finished watching it with mixed opinions. Of course, the creepy relationships in the movie did explain exactly why Polanski is where he is today.
What didn't you like about it?

Just curious.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #20
WaitWhat?
Registered Abuser
 
WaitWhat?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Scotland
__________________
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
WaitWhat? is offline  
 


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.