Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #61
Don_Humpador
UG Monkey

Location: battles in built demons on a daily basis. Doesn't know what to do with his life. Is ever hoping. Was also once I.O.T.M's e-wife, though that ended in suspicious circumstances. We don't talk about that any more.
Not F1 related but it came through the guys at Sidepodcast. Check it out if you don't already know about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2-...player_embedded

Don_Humpador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #62
Blayney
est'd 1989

I would watch but I'm in uni.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80144

Like we don't have enough lame Tilke tracks (particularly street circuits)

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Hudson HD1, Lorenzo 'Bluebird' 12 String, Lg Tramontane T66ACE
Vox AD50VT, Vox AC30 (1963)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Blayney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #63
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Argh! Surely Bernie can see this isn't good for Formula 1? Races on grey streets where people can't overtake. I'm sure he'll go on about spectacle, but Bernie, I've been to Silverstone, I've seen them carve flat through Maggots and Becketts then have a go into Stowe, I saw Hamilton shut the door on Heidfeld at 190mph. We want racing not Bernie's vision 'look they're going 160mph, then braking for these 57 right angled corners, on streets!'.

I actually agree with Eddie Jordan; Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Suzuka - sancrosanct races.

Last edited by Cal UK : 11-13-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Cal UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #64
Don_Humpador
UG Monkey

Location: battles in built demons on a daily basis. Doesn't know what to do with his life. Is ever hoping. Was also once I.O.T.M's e-wife, though that ended in suspicious circumstances. We don't talk about that any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal UK
Argh! Surely Bernie can see this isn't good for Formula 1? Races on grey streets where people can't overtake. I'm sure he'll go on about spectacle, but Bernie, I've been to Silverstone, I've seen them carve flat through Maggots and Becketts then have a go into Stowe, I saw Hamilton shut the door on Heidfeld at 190mph. We want racing not Bernie's vision 'look they're going 160mph, then braking for these 57 right angled corners, on streets!'.

This is the silly thing, he talks about spectacle. Sure, Singapore is a spectacle, with the lights of the city around the circuit. Sure, Abu Dhabi is a spectacle, they've created an artificial race circuit on an artificial island [and if you believe the Qadbak rumours, with artificial money!].

How far does spectacle go? Does he want to create a huge indoor arena on the moon? That'd be a spectacle! But only because it was on the moon.

True spectacle should mean wheel to wheel action at 180mph scrapping for every last metre of track for 50, 60 laps every week/fortnight. The stupid thing is, that kind of spectacle would bring in more viewers, and ultimately more money for the greedy gits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal UK
I actually agree with Eddie Jordan; Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Suzuka - sancrosanct races.

Surely Interlagos too?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #65
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Humpador
This is the silly thing, he talks about spectacle. Sure, Singapore is a spectacle, with the lights of the city around the circuit. Sure, Abu Dhabi is a spectacle, they've created an artificial race circuit on an artificial island [and if you believe the Qadbak rumours, with artificial money!].

How far does spectacle go? Does he want to create a huge indoor arena on the moon? That'd be a spectacle! But only because it was on the moon.

True spectacle should mean wheel to wheel action at 180mph scrapping for every last metre of track for 50, 60 laps every week/fortnight. The stupid thing is, that kind of spectacle would bring in more viewers, and ultimately more money for the greedy gits.

Surely Interlagos too?

Yep definitely.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #66
Don_Humpador
UG Monkey

Haven't got the link at the moment but Massa's been having a few words with the Brazilian media about how he beat Kimi in 2007 (what?), 2008 and 2009.

Oh, hi Fernando
Old 11-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #67
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Button and his manager had a little trip round McLaren factory today...I hope he stays at Brawn. To be fair though, I don't think it's as money oriented as some will make out, I think McLaren will have a well developed car next year.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #68
bannanaman
UG's 1 Fish

Kimi also took a tour according to Jake Humphrey's twitter.
bannanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #69
smb

It's just all part of the bargaining. Brawn need Jenson, they won't be letting him go in a hurry. There's no-one they can really replace him with. McLaren need to show Kimi they have other options so don't need to pay what he wants. It'll all come out in the wash.
smb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #70
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

It puts the pressure on Kimi to drop his price and Brawn to raise his. Smart play from Button and McLaren.
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #71
smb

Lotus are about to announce a driver, according to AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes. People are expecting Trulli, but he's in America watching the Nascar according to Montoya's twitter at least so who knows
smb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #72
perry589
Used to be evil

^ He has a NASCAR test with Michael Waltrip Racing, so i'm guessing he's been invited by Waltrip to take in some of the show before his test.

I still expect him to be a Lotus driver next year. Him and Gascoyne together could be great for Lotus.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #73
Don_Humpador
UG Monkey

I'm away for one weekend and my teammate on Batracer in a public LMES game gets all huffy, sends me a PM saying 'if you don't do your run i will suck you'.

Granted, I think he probably meant 'sack you', but still. Chill out bro.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #74
Blayney
est'd 1989

Hold him to the sucking.

Encore Strat, Ibanez GRX70 Jewel Blue, Ibanez RGT42DRFM (Dimarzio Breed bridge/Air Norton neck)
Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 11-16-2009, 07:04 AM   #75
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Mercedes are to release their future F1 plans today http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80170
Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #76
sam b
#SackPardew

Lol.

'Veteran User of the Year' - 2013
(Life = Complete)
Newcastle United Football Club
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Rikknen
Quite.
sam b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #77
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam b

Lol.

I could've told you that would get stuck
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #78
Blayney
est'd 1989

You know the phrase... "start as you mean to go on"...

well let's hope Ferrari don't!

Dunlop Crybaby, Boss DS1

Cymru am Byth
Old 11-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #79
Cal UK
Viktor Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayney
You know the phrase... "start as you mean to go on"...

well let's hope Ferrari don't!

Why what've they been doing?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #80
Don_Humpador
UG Monkey

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: