Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #81
TheBadPlace

I ask more out of curiosity. I am looking to buy a first acoustic soon, but I wouldn't spend $1500 or even think about ordering a custom at this point.
For some reason, he thought the bison I painted was his mother, and gave me an F.

It wasn't my fault they look so similar.
TheBadPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #82
marie25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyG
Alvarez RD210 Regent

This is very simple yet very nice one.
marie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #83
shmaleey

Hi everyone! I am new here and have really been interested in picking up the guitar for a while now and need a little assistance in picking the right first guitar. I read the first couple of pages and totally understand that I am the only one that knows which guitar is right for me but I was hoping you all would be able to nudge me in the right direction so that I can go into a shop with a little knowledge.

The only conditions that I have are that I can only afford to spend the bare minimum of about $120 and need something that will work for my small hands... I know that guitars come in 3/4 size but most that I've looked into are described as meant for kids and this might be a stupid question but are kids guitars made any different than an adult guitar would be? are there adult 3/4 size guitars that you'd reccomend?

I'd very much appreciate any input you have, thank you!
shmaleey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #84
charlesV

Does anyone have an opinion on Taylor Guitars, especially the 300 series?
charlesV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #85
GC Shred Off
is into you.

I finally stopped being lazy and finished writing most of the brand summaries. It got a little silly towards the end. Let this be a reminder that all guitar-buying questions should be posted here.

Last edited by GC Shred Off : 11-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
GC Shred Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #86
Raines

hi guys

what do you think between :

takamine EG340SC - 310 euros

LAG Tramontane T222DCE - 330 euros

Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #87
r0ckth3d34n
Banned

Hi

I'm curious about the Dean Performer series, I really koa guitars, but all the real koa acoustics are well over my budget. I found a Dean Koa Performer with Aphex for $400 at MF. I'm assuming that this is either extremely low grade koa (it doesn't look like real koa guitars, but it still looks awesome) or it's a photograph/laminate.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...phex?sku=H11639

My other idea was a Fender California Series Sonoran SCE. I've played a few, and I really like them. I'm just kinda looking for a beater replacement for my old Samick that broke a few months ago. I'm not super picky, but I'm always looking for good deals. I just found a Fender Sonoran SCE, and it appears to be exactly the same as the natural finish California Series one, and its $30 cheaper.

Are they pretty much the same?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...itar?sku=514656

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...itar?sku=516838
r0ckth3d34n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #88
r0ckth3d34n
Banned

Thanks obeythepenguin
r0ckth3d34n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #89
princedavis

This isn't exactly a thread to be saying "Oh hey, is this a good guitar?" Really its more of a thread to educate you so that you can tell by yourself.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #90
GC Shred Off
is into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princedavis
This isn't exactly a thread to be saying "Oh hey, is this a good guitar?" Really its more of a thread to educate you so that you can tell by yourself.

Definitely. We're not very picky though.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #91
orangebuff1
Nub

Ok, I am currently searching for an acoustic-electric guitar to be bought within.. the next two weeks. I have already been to Sam Ash to test out a few guitars and see what sounded and felt good to play. I read the whole first page of this thread but I'm just looking for any other opinions out there from those that are experienced and have acoustic-electric guitars themselves.

I like a smooth neck and not a plastic coat and a deep, rich, more bass-y sound. I also have a budget of about 200-400 dollars. Does anyone know of an acoustic-electric that fits those criteria or, maybe comes close?
orangebuff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #92
GC Shred Off
is into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebuff1
Ok, I am currently searching for an acoustic-electric guitar

Are built-in electronics a must-have for you, or would you be willing to look at standard acoustics? Regardless, big bodied guitars will have the sound you're looking for.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #93
orangebuff1
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC Shred Off
Are built-in electronics a must-have for you, or would you be willing to look at standard acoustics? Regardless, big bodied guitars will have the sound you're looking for.

I wish I could get both an acoustic-electric and a standard for the sound on some of those standards, but to be honest I'm thinking with the budget I'm going to have to go for one. Most likely w/ built in electronics only because in the future I may be playing in front of decent sized crowds.
orangebuff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #94
BriGuy1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebuff1
Ok, I am currently searching for an acoustic-electric guitar to be bought within.. the next two weeks. I have already been to Sam Ash to test out a few guitars and see what sounded and felt good to play. I read the whole first page of this thread but I'm just looking for any other opinions out there from those that are experienced and have acoustic-electric guitars themselves.

I like a smooth neck and not a plastic coat and a deep, rich, more bass-y sound. I also have a budget of about 200-400 dollars. Does anyone know of an acoustic-electric that fits those criteria or, maybe comes close?

Check out the Ibanez AW30

If you can go to $500 I would check out a Breedlove passport 250 CME
BriGuy1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #95
Mr_G_Almighty
6 String Newbie

Hi, I'm a lefty and I prefer playing with a left handed guitar, do you know of any left-handed specalist sites? I play a Tanglewood ATM, which I think sound's awesome but when it comes to guitars I'm really stuck for choice, I could force myself to play righty, but I just don't think it would be much fun for me. How much do you think a decent lefty acoustic would cost?
Mr_G_Almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #96
GC Shred Off
is into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G_Almighty
Hi, I'm a lefty and I prefer playing with a left handed guitar, do you know of any left-handed specalist sites? I play a Tanglewood ATM, which I think sound's awesome but when it comes to guitars I'm really stuck for choice, I could force myself to play righty, but I just don't think it would be much fun for me. How much do you think a decent lefty acoustic would cost?

I can only guess that you're getting snubbed for replies because there aren't many left-handed players on this forum. I'll do my best to help out.

The general consensus from most of the left-handed players I've met is that, given the chance to go back, they would learn to play right-handed. It seems that the options just aren't there (or aren't affordable) for lefties. I've known one player who forced himself to learn the opposite hand. He tells me that initially, it was a pain for him, but it was natural after only a few months. That would be my recommendation to you.

Wish we could help more.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #97
Hannah7531

Hello,

I currently own an Ashton D25NTM and am very much a beginner of beginners. As I travel for work I am looking at purchasing a second-hand guitar to travel with as I don't want to take my Ashton with me for fear of damaging it (it was a gift).

I have found a Yamaha FG-75 1A for a good price (AUS$50), and would like some advice on whether this is a good guitar for a beginner/beat around guitar, which I can practice on while I am away. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Hannah7531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #98
ANdrzK
Blind Passenger

I just have one question: I've been looking at a Morgan western guitar, which I think sounds quite well.. It costs 325,23$, but I just wanted to know if there are better alternatives in the same price-range?
I know that it's all about how I feel about the guitar and stuff, but I'm just curious if I should look elsewhere My budget is abit tight atm.

My songs:
Teardrops & Bloodlines
Silent Sunday
Sunrays on Rainy Railroads
C4C, as they say.. please :O
ANdrzK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #99
ShanYin

I'd hate to hijack this thread from orangebluff1...

orange: According to the OP Yamaha guitars can come at good prices, lots of starting ones. My dad owns a Yamaha and it's just great. Obviously well build too because it's been around for a long time and it has a great sound with good base IMHO. It's not an acoustic electric but my advice is if you come across some Yamaha's check them out.

-----------------------

Now, I'm looking for an acoustic-electric, my price range is $2500-3000. Ill be wanting to get one in a few months.

The main problem I have is that I live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario and our guitar stores arn't that great for something like that. So I'm heading out to a different town this weekend. Apparently I will find Larrivee's and Yamaha's according to my dad. Of course more but yeah...

So I'm interested in those, and Taylors, and Martins ATM.

I'll be playing primarily fingerstyle...

I remember in my town a store carried high end Taylors, (my price range) and I was really impressed at the playability. One of them cracked though which was a turn off.

I'm not 100% on what kind of sound I want. So I'll be playing alot of guitars before I pick one.

Things that I do know: I like lowish action, probably not too wide of a fret board, as long as it's not too wide that I can't play something, and I want a cutaway.

Any suggestions on guitars or anything else? Thanks! And thanks OP for the OP, it was good help.
ShanYin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #100
Midskier

any good ones under $400 us NOT made in china? any north America or European brands to look @ , our closest dealer just brought in Lag guitars never heard of them b4 , they look nice and I thought they said are made in France(?)
thanks

Dan T
Midskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: