Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Nyrithz

Idle Blood

I am trying to tab the new song "Idle Blood" from Katatonia, but I need your help.
I know they use a capo, but i can't find where they put it and where they do their chords... I've found the notes they are playing, but not how.
Code:
E||------------------------|--5--------------------|-------------------------| B||--6-------------8-------|------------5----------|--3-------------3--3-----| G||----------2-------------|-----------------------|-------------------------| D||-------3-----------3----|--3----3---------3--5--|-------3--3--------------| A||--5----------5----------|------------3----------|--1----------1--------1--| E||------------------------|-----------------------|-------------------------| ------------3-----------|------------------------|--5--------------------| --3------------3--------|--6-------------8-------|------------5----------| ------------------2-----|----------2-------------|-----------------------| ---------------------0--|-------3-----------3----|--3----3---------3--5--| --1----1----3-----------|--5----------5----------|------------3----------| ------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------| -------------------------|------------------------|------------------------| --3-------------3--3-----|--1-------------3--1----|--6-------------8-------| -------------------------|------------------------|----------2-------------| -------3--3--------------|-------3--2-------------|-------3-----------3----| --1----------1--------1--|--0----------0----------|--5----------5----------| -------------------------|------------------------|------------------------| --5--------------------|-------------------------|------------3-----------| ------------5----------|--3-------------3--3-----|--3------------3--------| -----------------------|-------------------------|------------------2-----| --3----3---------3--5--|-------3--3--------------|---------------------0--| ------------3----------|--1----------1--------1--|--1----1----3-----------| -----------------------|-------------------------|------------------------| ------------------------|--5----------6----------|-----|| --6-------------8-------|------------------------|-----|| ----------2-------------|------------------------|-----|| -------3-----------3----|--3----3--5-------5--3--|-----|| --5----------5----------|-------------1----------|-----|| ------------------------|------------------------|-----||

I know last part isn't right.
My personal thoughts are that the capo is at the 3rd or 8th frets.
Nyrithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
alexirae

Hi, I tabbed the complete song but recently I'm finishing some details (mistakes), I suppose the song is tuned down 1 step (D Tuning), not with Capo. Is easier in D Tuning, example of Intro:

Code:
D|-3------------5------|-7--------------------|--------------0----------------|-5---------| A|--------0------------|-----------7----------|-5---------------5------5------|----5------| F|----0----------------|-----0---------0------|-----0----------------------0--|------5----| C|-2---------2------2--|-5------------------7-|--------0----------------------|--------7--| G|---------------------|-----------5----------|-3---------3------------3------|-5---------| D|---------------------|----------------------|-------------------------------|-----------|

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by alexirae : 11-23-2009 at 05:01 PM.
alexirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
alexirae

Chords for the Verse:

Code:
D|----0------|----0-----| A|----5------|----5-----| F|----6------|----5-----| C|----6------|----5-----| G|----4------|----3-----| D|-----------|----------|

Good Luck!

Last edited by alexirae : 11-23-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Nyrithz

thank you
Nyrithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
flemflames
Belgian beer is the best!

flemflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
Soulless_slts

alixirae, it'd be great if you write the whole Idle Blood's theme in D tuning, not only intro. Thanks for great tabbing. =)
Soulless_slts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
lone_guitarist9

It looks great so far but I agree, the whole song would be great to see. Every part of this song really works together. Hopefully you can get the tabs out.
lone_guitarist9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #8
alexirae

Hi, sorry for the delay, I've been extremely busy with university, I officially publish the tablature soon, approximately in 2 weeks, be patient, thanks for the comments.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #9
alexirae

Approximately in 5 days I will post the guitar pro of Idle Blood, this content all instruments and voice, stay pending, sorry for my bad english.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Johnny The Cat

I'm pretty sure the acoustic is capoed on the 3rd fret if you're playing it in standard tuning, but I'm interested to see Alexirae's tab as well. Looking forward to it.

It's definitely not the 8th fret, because you can hear a low G note in there, which would be impossible if capoing on the 8th. The lowest chord played in the song is a G Major (played as an open E when capoed), right before it shifts to Bm (again, played as a G#minor with the capo in place) for the first verse.

Last edited by Johnny The Cat : 02-26-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Johnny The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
Johnny The Cat

Then again, it very well could be tuned down to C as their songs usually are, and capoed on the second to play it the way Alexirae has explained. You can definitely hear a lot of fingers sliding around in the song, indicated by the string squeaks.
Johnny The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #12
alexirae

Maybe it's correct you think about the C Tuning , is the standard Katatonia's tuning, but not all people have a capo, in this case the easy way to play it is tuning the guitar 1 step down (D tuning), however, I will publish in Guitar Pro the tab and all be free to modify the tuning
Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #13
Nirvaneroful

i want the complete tab
Nirvaneroful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
alexirae

Finally, the guitar pro of idle blood has been published, thanks for waiting, comments are welcome.

Rate This Thread: