User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #81
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty611
i gotta say, England did look good today, and I think Borthwick may have fought off some criticism, he was impeccable in that game. But the defence definately needs some work, maybe hipkiss instead of tait? tait just got thrown around like a small child when attempting to tackle

No way, Tait is far too good not to have playing. His running on the ball is always immaculate. Remember when Haskell scored his second try? On the break Tait made huge amounts of ground and passed it behind his back into Haskell's hands. He is way too skilled not to be starting everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
isabiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #82
Matty611
Allergic to Spamming

Yeah, but i don't think he's cut out for defence, i'd rather play him instead of Monye on the wing, Cueto was basically covering both wings all game!
Matty611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #83
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Yeah, but i don't think he's cut out for defence, i'd rather play him instead of Monye on the wing, Cueto was basically covering both wings all game!

Nah Monye was really quite good.

I think that the backline was perfect except for Toby Flood who I still think is shit.

Quote:
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Old 02-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #84
last-1s-out
Brang it? Oh I brang it!

England did NOT win today. Alun-Wyun Jones lost. 17 points when we was off. It was literally neck and neck and it would've been level a wales win if he didn't trip over , unessiaryly (very much sp, been out watching the game so......booze). Either way, not (all that) worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
last-1s-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:19 AM   #85
bobwentpop
Resident rugby junkie.

Going to the Scotland game today! Keeping the faith for another exceptional defensive effort, immaculate kicking and maybe even an Evans try!

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
bobwentpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #86
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by last-1s-out
England did NOT win today. Alun-Wyun Jones lost. 17 points when we was off. It was literally neck and neck and it would've been level a wales win if he didn't trip over , unessiaryly (very much sp, been out watching the game so......booze). Either way, not (all that) worried

There there young Daffyd.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #87
fretsonfire74
UG's anti-semite

Sign me up for Waratahs you bitch.
fretsonfire74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #88
Hammerzeit
Caveman of the Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabiggles
Nah Monye was really quite good.

I think that the backline was perfect except for Toby Flood who I still think is shit.

Watched Monye every week for 5 years at quins. He is a game breaker. Even if he's off form I would never drop him. Best outside back i've ever seen an i've watched a lot of rugby. IMO we had our strongest side for a while out against wales.

A good win yesterday. We should make it 2 from 2 and maybe more if we keep momentum.

Hammerzeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #89
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerzeit
Watched Monye every week for 5 years at quins. He is a game breaker. Even if he's off form I would never drop him. Best outside back i've ever seen an i've watched a lot of rugby. IMO we had our strongest side for a while out against wales.

A good win yesterday. We should make it 2 from 2 and maybe more if we keep momentum.

Agreed. I haven't seen England look like such a professional team in a very long time. Danny Care and Tait are exactly what we needed in the back line. They put a bit of flair back into the backline and that's why England seem so much more dynamic now.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM   #90
Matty611
Allergic to Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabiggles
Agreed. I haven't seen England look like such a professional team in a very long time. Danny Care and Tait are exactly what we needed in the back line. They put a bit of flair back into the backline and that's why England seem so much more dynamic now.

Sorry, but Danny Care made far too many mistakes in that game, although his break was very good, his hesitation at the breakdown made it far too clear for the defence, and putting the ball in through the second row is a schoolboy error.

But i'm agreed about Flood, we need Flutey back

EDIT: But can't argue it was a good, strong side.

Last edited by Matty611 : 02-07-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Matty611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #91
daft
Fool On The Hill's Mate

Ulster fan here!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #92
power freak
Counting to infinity...

After a tentative opening the game got going in the second half (the amount lost from losing the opening game is much more than the amount won by winning the opening game in a 6N campaign.) England looked more like the side they should be; Borthwick had a good game, maybe he's one of those players who needs the negativity to spur him on? And he was unlucky to give away the penalty for diving over the ruck in the second half...

Haskell and Wilkinson looked good after their transfers to france, I've always been a Haskell fan but his game appears to have improved thanks to his french move (unfortunately for this wasps fan!)

We need to get rid of Tim Payne ASAP though; he is an absolute liability. Whenever I see an england/wasps scrum with himin I'm just waiting for it to collapse or a penalty given to the other team. Not to mention he is useless outside the scrum and we may as well have 14 players on the pitch.

Hipkiss instead of Tait? I'm gonna say no. Tait brings an injection of pace and creativity into the side, going back to Hipkiss (or worse yet a Hipkiss-Hape partnership) you're going to have a monotonous easy to read game and we'll end up getting punished for it. I agree Danny Care didn't have the best of games though.

As for Monye on the wing, he's a damn sight better there than at full back! Tom Varndell should be in the elite squad instead of the saxons though, not necessairly starting (since he's not very good at defending) but he can get you tries when you need them.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #93
Masshuu

Can someone add me to the Guinness list for the team everyone laughs at the mention of. Can you guess which one?

Carnegie.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #94
Stugg334
Bristolian

Can you put me down for Gloucester? I PM'd you but no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Stugg334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #95
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Sorry, but Danny Care made far too many mistakes in that game, although his break was very good, his hesitation at the breakdown made it far too clear for the defence, and putting the ball in through the second row is a schoolboy error.

But i'm agreed about Flood, we need Flutey back

EDIT: But can't argue it was a good, strong side.

Something that he can work on though unlike the various other scrum halfs who play a solid game but never actually do anything that could produce a try or put pressure on the opposition.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #96
Eric_Fail
gettin da bishes

France were decent today. In the first half they could have easily gotten two more tries. Scotland defended very well and at times they too looked dangerous. And Frances backs are ****ing ginormous. I think Scotland have a chance of beating Wales and finishing fourth.

France were weak defensively though, hopefully we can capitalise on that next week. And hopefully Rougerie is injured too because our weakest spot would arguably be the undecided position of wing with Trimble or Earls. Neither of them are world renound for big hits so it would be a great help.
Eric_Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #97
ascendancy2

Quite gutted for Scotland, first time in a while they looked dangerous attacking.

As for the Wales game, it was shocking. England looked ok, but I cannot see them even winning the six nations, let alone going all the way for a Grand Slam. Looking at France today, I would say that they've already got it in the bag if they tighten the defence a bit.

I didnt watch the Ireland game much - so can't really comment on them. Scotland should really just stick to defending like gods and Wales really need to get themselves sorted because it was a case of Wales losing badly than England winning.
ascendancy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #98
isabiggles
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascendancy2
Quite gutted for Scotland, first time in a while they looked dangerous attacking.

As for the Wales game, it was shocking. England looked ok, but I cannot see them even winning the six nations, let alone going all the way for a Grand Slam. Looking at France today, I would say that they've already got it in the bag if they tighten the defence a bit.

I didnt watch the Ireland game much - so can't really comment on them. Scotland should really just stick to defending like gods and Wales really need to get themselves sorted because it was a case of Wales losing badly than England winning.

Disagree.

yes, admittedly you guys were absolutely shite but that doesn't change the fact that we played really well in some areas.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #99
TEK34
UG Newbie

I hope the Saints players get more playing time, only english team in the Heineken Cup, 3rd in the premiership (game in hand over Leicester, too), yet Johnson seems to hate the idea of any Saints players getting time on the pitch. Lawes is one of the best young forwards in England, Foden/Ashton is the best attacking partnership in England, yet they get no game time.
ATL FALCONS
ATL HAWKS
TEK34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #100
Argonaut
UG's Official Dude

Sorry about all the signup requests, I've been away for quite a while. They're all up to date now.

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: