Matt-92

ITT: Butthurt Americans defend convicted murderer
Matt-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
untalented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-92

i'm not american. in england, i believe the justice system is probably as bad.
My issue with the case is that
-they interrogated her for 54 hours, at times without a lawyer;
-her fingerprints are not found in kercher's room (which is impossible if she was the killer)
-the prosecution didn't portray her fairly. they portrayed her solely as a drug taking killer... which should be balanced out by the defence, but that's hardly a fair trial.
-there's actually no motive from the prosecution except "in this day and age, you don't need a motive".
-there's a clear lack of DNA evidence. they only pieces of evidence found are
1. a knife that has both knox' and kercher's dna on it that is clearly different from the knife used to kill kercher, and is predictably going to happen seeing as they lived together, and
2. a small amount of dna on kercher's bra strap that is thought to be of the italian boyfriend.
the second piece of dna evidence was collected approximately 48 days after the murder and is inconclusive, unreliable and is not really enough dna to confirm that it's the italian boyfriend's.
-when faced with a prosecution (and i sort of have) they will make anyone look like they could be evil and could be a match.
-they're basing part of it on her reactions. people react differently. so she was kissing her boyfriend a few days later... how does that make it likely that she's a killer?
-the prosecution had nothing to really go on. they just made up a sequence of possible events and the jury bought it.
-which brings me on to the fact that the jury had 2 judges in it. is it not supposed to have lay people?
-there are claims that knox was abused during interrogation by the police (i.e. beaten and made wrong statements because of it).
-you need to have evidence and reason to believe beyond a reasonable doubt that someone's guilty to convict someone. you can't look at pieces of their character, taken out of context, and send them to jail on the balance of probabilities.
from the looks of it, it was the wrong outcome. however, i wasn't in the court room so it may have been right, i don't know. i just feel like i can understand what she's going through because i've been through the preliminary stages. the prosecution don't act fairly and will manipulate everything to make an innocent person look guilty. it's really not a fair system at all, in any part of the world.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
untalented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
Hellish_Wolf
';,,;' Growly

Quote:

ITP: Douchebag tries to look cool by bashing Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Twili
if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

ii▀▀▀ii‾δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████)
Hellish_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
diminishedtobme
Banned

I hope she rots, stupid murdering monster!!
diminishedtobme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #25
thewho65
Back?

Location: Moderate becoming light, easterly westerly, good then fair, occasionally poor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly_90
I can't say I know what happened, but something about this case was never quite right...

This.

I had heard about the case when it hit the news, but aside from the fact that she was suspected of killing some other exchange student I didn't really know much else. However, I saw a programme on the case the other day and the way her family never seemed to acknowledge the victim's family or what they must be thinking was a bit funny; in fact, the whole programme really didn't mention the victim at all, aside from casually stating she was killed in a "bizarre sex romp" as they so eloquently stated numerous times throughout the show.

Also, the whole doing-cartwheels-at-the-site-of-the-murder doesn't really help your case. I'm leaning towards her being guilty. That's a gut feeling, mind you, but from my experience my gut's a lot smarter than I am.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
bodyheatseeker
..- --. . .-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly_90
I can't say I know what happened, but something about this case was never quite right...

The way the media caught hold of it was obscene. That whole "Foxy Knoxy" thing, is just weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

bodyheatseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #27
hunterman

Quote:

You're an idiot. So you've see a few stories from the less-then-factual-and-entirely-sensational Italian media sources? Italian news is entertainment, not a source of information. The only thing I've seen them *actually* report properly was the invasion of Georgia, but even then it was overshadowed by some young, callipygous Italian diver during the Olympics.

I was in Perugia when this happened up until about a year afterward. I walked by that house everyday on my way to school. I knew after reading some decent sources what would happen. Italian police and Italian media would s**t upon these peoples' lives just to make a career. Reminds me of the Duke lacrosse team case. Nothing better for the histrionic Italian media than to take a beautiful student (albeit a partygirl), and turn her into a insatiable, vampiric, murderous sex goddess. Nothing sells papers like that, huh?

The Italian prosecutors had shaky evidence at best, trampled all over the scene, destroyed DNA evidence, refused the defenses' request for additional tests (I don't know Italian law, but seems like shite to me), and said the murder weapon was everything from a penknife, to a cleaver, to a ******* knife, based on the same studies of the same wound.

I'm not offering my opinion on whether or not she did it - I have no way of knowing that. But I am DAMN sure that she didn't get a fair trial. And the mongoloid troglodytes who are so quick to condemn her just because they read one article straight from Berlusconi's rectal cavity should be quieted and forced to ponder their own sense of justice.

F**k Italy. I'm going to go do my Italian essay now.

The attitude of the murdered girl's family is disgusting. They just want somebody to suffer for what happened. Who it is is irrelevant. They "jury" could have convicted a pizza salesman in Naples, and they would have been satisfied. Goddamn degenerates. They deserve their suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Something weird went down in her apartment, with her there, and a girl died. She must know something, she deserves her prison sentence.

Your logic is f**cking infallible, sound, and beyond argument. I salute you.

Last edited by hunterman : 12-06-2009 at 06:53 PM.
hunterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #28
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru

The Christian Science Monitor always has great international reporting ----> http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/1206/p06s04-woeu.html

Sounds like she has a good chance of a successful appeal, but will likely fester in prison for a number of years as the interminably slow wheels of justice creak away.
bajeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
bass-man9712
UG's lead Magootsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consort BV
"During the trial, the most intimate details of Knox's life were examined, from her lax hygiene allegedly a point of contention with Kercher to her sex life, even including a sex toy. "

Oh the hugh grantity

INAPPROPRIATE

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
bass-man9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game

So this is only newsworthy because it's got white chicks in, right?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (・ω・`)

SteveHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #31
Dirge Humani
Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
So this is only newsworthy because it's got white chicks in, right?

Well yeah; A black person goes to jail, that's an everyday occurrence. But white people? Especially white women? That's news.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinduck01
ololololol im gay i like buttsex
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #32
bodyheatseeker
..- --. . .-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman
The attitude of the murdered girl's family is disgusting. They just want somebody to suffer for what happened. Who it is is irrelevant. They "jury" could have convicted a pizza salesman in Naples, and they would have been satisfied. Goddamn degenerates. They deserve their suffering.

You lost me here.
Your post had some valid points, but that statement is completely OTT. If the family didn't believe Knox had done it, they wouldn't have been contented to see her take the blame. They don't deserve to suffer, and they're not degenerates.

Quote:

Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #33
al112987
UG's Shooter McGavin

I hate that the Italian media portrayed her as some sort of weird, crazy, sex deviant.

Honestly, she's no different from maybe... Idk, 50% of American college students. Most college students have sex, and most college students have a LOT of sex when they study abroad. And almost all, if not all college students go out and drink. She is not any sort of degenerate. If any of them were living in that house instead of her, you could make the exact same circumstantial conviction, and would anyone truly believe that they are all capable of murder? Of course not. There was no real evidence tying her to the crime at all, and the only person that there WAS evidence of, has already been convicted.

I sure hope that she did it, because it is a huge tragedy if an innocent college student basically loses the rest of her life because of what was simply an unfair trial.

Last edited by al112987 : 12-06-2009 at 08:29 PM.
al112987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
hunterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyheatseeker
You lost me here.
Your post had some valid points, but that statement is completely OTT. If the family didn't believe Knox had done it, they wouldn't have been contented to see her take the blame. They don't deserve to suffer, and they're not degenerates.

The family's grieving requires an outlet, now it is focused on the person who was accused of committing the crime that brings them so much pain. A conviction assuages their pain, but by no means dissipates it any degree. Their sadness now has a source and a face and a name, even if it may be a wrong face. It's misplaced anger, I believe.

Their anger is dangerous - they hold media attention and some influence (to an extent) and use it to attack and decry her as a murderer, before the trial is over (they had been attacking her well before now). That girl didn't stand a chance, just like their poor daughter who was murdered. Their emotion-based attacks may have very well cost two people 25 years of their lives.

I believe people who hold power and abuse it are degenerates, as I see it in this case. Their own, personal feelings take priority to logic and fairness and justice. Believing you are that important, to subdue and interfere with one of the most fundamental concepts of civil and personal justices, is degeneracy and should not be tolerated. Don't silence them - just don't give them a pulpit to make a trombetta from their cul.

I hope that explains it to you. I said it, and I still mean it, even if it was unclear.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #35
89cruefan
BOA rules

whether she or her italian boyfriend did it they both deserve the sentence. tbh if she was covering for him then its only fair she gets the same treatment
at long last they are both in.

i havent read about this topic in ages, i do remember reading at the time it happend on how frequently her stories changed, her saying she did it, to no she didnt, to she was there, to she wasnt there. im sorry but if that doesnt show that she in some ways was guilty of either being there/doing it/covering up then what does?

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
89cruefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #36
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

I can't really prove or solve this, but stories like these always make me sort of upset because I highly doubt it would have been as big a news story had this girl been either black, or she wasn't attractive (like a very overweight girl).

Not that I have anything against her. But things like that really bug me.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #37
bajeda
UG's Drug Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
I can't really prove or solve this, but stories like these always make me sort of upset because I highly doubt it would have been as big a news story had this girl been either black, or she wasn't attractive (like a very overweight girl).

Not that I have anything against her. But things like that really bug me.

I don't think race is an issue. It would be news either way because of the various nationalities involved and the whole media frenzy surrounding it. The media frenzy was partially due to how attractive the girl was and allegations of party-life and promiscuity, but I think it was mainly the factor of having an American kill (potentially) a Brit in Italy, and how the Italian tabloids jumped on the whole deal.
bajeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #38
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Yeah what a b*tch.

Oh by the way your name is A.J and mine is C.J, now all we need is a B.J
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
IRISH_PUNK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #39
hunterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89cruefan
i havent read about this topic in ages, i do remember reading at the time it happend on how frequently her stories changed, her saying she did it, to no she didnt, to she was there, to she wasnt there. im sorry but if that doesnt show that she in some ways was guilty of either being there/doing it/covering up then what does?

If that's so, then you might want to brush up on the case a bit before offering an assessment. It's ignorance like this that harms justice systems.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #40
bodyheatseeker
..- --. . .-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman
I hope that explains it to you. I said it, and I still mean it, even if it was unclear.

Fair point, just presented a little harshly to begin with.
Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

Quote:

Rate This Thread: