Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Songwriting & Lyrics
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
hippieboy444

wild blue yonder

Code:
another empty train blasts by sbd/ without stopping, the throng of pedestrians left to sigh in its wake; and iím glancing over my shoulder and thinking i could be happy: that that possibility exists, but altogether elsewhere; and your small lonesome hands lay in one another like they could be romantic, or might fold into other hands; (they wouldnít say so) and the air stumbles down the corridor, and the night festers off a thousand miles away tapping the arms of yearning strangers and swaying their shadows under the stars. (iím just trying to put these pieces back in their right place, i tell myself; ) but she says something and i realize her heart is a pump organ you play with your fists, that spans thirteen octaves and shatters the sound barrier (the axe is laid) maybe sheís waiting for my next move (i can never tell anymore) the streets that once were inviting seem far off, adrift in the light drizzle, opaque with a character indecipherable, &smeared with gin, and somehow, iíve missed months in absence, neat stacks of time squandered in the appraisal of a sound that bends in the late summer reeds, that hums with the crickets like a psalm, and gets swallowed up in the lurch of subways. she skirts off to bed leaving an aching need in my chest as i watch all my hopes disappear like a semi vaporizing on the lost highway, the scattered particles spinning slight arcs on the shoulder.

Last edited by hippieboy444 : 09-17-2014 at 03:09 PM.
hippieboy444 is offline   Reply With Quote