Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
thorbor
UG's only Holo

Metal Instrumental C4C

This song started out as a metal cover of a rock/funk/blues song but halfway through I decided to do something new.
That means, the first half of the song shares its chords vaguely with this song.
The solos, except for the first 4 bars as you will see when you listen to both songs, are also free and not taken from the other song in any way.

It's made for RSE, the MIDI mix in the gp4 file blows.
I'll upload an mp3 recording on my profile shortly, you should check it out if you don't have RSE

C4C as always

edit:mp3 is up
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hells Highway.zip (12.1 KB, 70 views)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited by thorbor : 02-02-2010 at 09:37 AM.
thorbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Paradox_Empire7

Finally a real metal song without the ''prog tech post hardcore'' shit =) Nice solo Btw
Drummer Boy
World's End

I'm Never Gonna Come Back, And When I Come Back, I'm Gonna Be the KnifeMaster - The Rev
Paradox_Empire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
herby190
slaps basses and faces.

Towards the end of the solo got a little boring for me, but still, I liked it. It didn't rely on dissonance, or double bass beats or anything like a lot of pieces I've seen on here; instead, it kept interest with solid riffing.

At bar 22, I think it sounds better if the second rhythm guitar plays an E powerchord on the first beat, then holds it until it starts playing again at 24.

At bar 45, I think it adds to it if you put a dotted-halfnote octave chord on rhythm guitar one, played open A, seventh fret D, and have the note on D slide out downwards.

Starting at 62, try working with adding in a bit of the crash cymbal; I think it could give it a bit of a "bigger" sound.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1253951

Last edited by herby190 : 12-31-2009 at 04:24 PM.
herby190 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: