Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #21
listen_to_0zzy
UG Newbie

Any recomendations for easy metal songs?
listen_to_0zzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #22
Abe
Come Here and Say That...

Quote:
Originally posted by listen_to_0zzy
Any recomendations for easy metal songs?

Yes
Old 08-22-2004, 01:06 PM   #23
Skeeve
?uper ▀alls žkeeve

Quote:
Originally posted by sullivandf
A cool tab for beginners (like me) is Shinedown's version of Simple Man. (Link below) This tab sounds correct except at the end of the verse I think it should be an A min chord but they have the fingering messed up here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...an_ver2_tab.htm

Try my version, the bridge sounds exactly like the album version.

Shinedown- 3rd (best) version

Yeah, I know I'm promoting my own tab. It won't help me anyway, 'cause I was having problems logging in when I submitted it. So now I don't get UG points when someone rates my tab. It really ticks me off

If a mod can fix it somehow, I would really appreciate it .
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #24
BaAaLi
UG Newbie

Any easy-to-play Asian songs ??? no ??? how about boyzone, bsb, bryan adams, Mj and westlife?
BaAaLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:25 PM   #25
funeralforafrie
Buckeye

Millencolin - Bullion
funeralforafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:54 AM   #26
frenchie
UG Newbie

Easy Metal Tab

Most Rammstein are fairly simple as far as the techniques; just go at it slow at first.
frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #27
lulu776544
UG Newbie

Thanks for these guys. I doubt there are any easey Muse or Strokes tabs. All I've learnt so far is Smoke on the Water!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #28
Skeeve
?uper ▀alls žkeeve

^Smoke on the Water is easy, sounds good, but it's not all that impressive. Try Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's an instant classic, fairly simple, and it's more impressive.

I'm UG's Gođ of L§ve, ^this is my quote.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:29 AM   #29
lostinside
UG Newbie

There's a few Californication tabs out there, each of which will sound alright in some spots, then not in others. Which do you prefer using?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #30
LordLestat900
UG Newbie

Sublimes 40z to freedom is easy, just power chords
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM   #31
Skeeve
?uper ▀alls žkeeve

Quote:
Originally posted by lostinside
There's a few Californication tabs out there, each of which will sound alright in some spots, then not in others. Which do you prefer using?

Californication (best tab)

^This tab is almost perfect. It's what I used to learn the song. The solo is messed up, though, so if you can't find someone else's version of the solo that sounds good enough, PM me, and I'll tab it out for you.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 AM   #32
TheVinesRule
<none>

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeve
Californication (best tab)

^This tab is almost perfect. It's what I used to learn the song. The solo is messed up, though, so if you can't find someone else's version of the solo that sounds good enough, PM me, and I'll tab it out for you.
i think this one has to be the best http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions....iacation,165818

It is right, in the intro, the bass plays the twiddly bits, not the guitar, which most tabs have put.
TheVinesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #33
Skeeve
?uper ▀alls žkeeve

Quote:
Originally posted by TheVinesRule
i think this one has to be the best http://www.mxtabs.net/tab_versions....iacation,165818

It is right, in the intro, the bass plays the twiddly bits, not the guitar, which most tabs have put.

No, I disagree with you there. If you listen really close, you can tell that the guitarist plays the 'twiddly bits', but the bassist DOES back him up. You're version is okay, but it's not exactly right: the intro (as I was saying) is messed up; the chords are wrong (the lead guitarist's style is based around the 4 middle strings: B, G, D, and A; at least when he plays chords); and the solo is screwed up.

You know what, when I get some extra time, I'll tab out the song myself and submit it to this site. Until then, stick with with my link HERE .When I submit it, I'll post here and let you guys know .

Old 09-10-2004, 07:55 PM   #34
TheVinesRule
<none>

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeve
No, I disagree with you there. If you listen really close, you can tell that the guitarist plays the 'twiddly bits', but the bassist DOES back him up. You're version is okay, but it's not exactly right: the intro (as I was saying) is messed up; the chords are wrong (the lead guitarist's style is based around the 4 middle strings: B, G, D, and A; at least when he plays chords); and the solo is screwed up.

You know what, when I get some extra time, I'll tab out the song myself and submit it to this site. Until then, stick with with my link HERE .When I submit it, I'll post here and let you guys know .
jeez man, alright i take your point.

And i wouldnt be surprised if they dont accept tabs for californiacation, as there are loads here already..... but i dont know........
Old 09-11-2004, 08:55 AM   #35
S.O.T.Y.

A very easy song is Brand New's "Flying at Tree Level". It may or may not have the Version 1.0 after it, I'm not sure. Awesome song, and very easy to play.
S.O.T.Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #36
starbomb13

about a girl,smells like teen spirit are easy.blink 182 songs are pretty easy too,.
-S.Yairi model #300 (rare)
-Roland MicroCube
-Recco Acoustic
starbomb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #37
Andrewbiles

I haven't listened to the song in a damn long time now, but the Californication solo on most tabs seems to be wrong. Personally I'd play it this way

Code:
E|------9-----------------9---------------------------------- B|-10----------------10-------------------------------------- G|----------11^----------------11^-------11-11-11-11p9------- D|-----------------------------------------------------11-11- A|----------------------------------------------------------- E|----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------9---12---14----------9---12---14/16-14- -------------------------10-------------------10--------------------- -------9---11^---9--------------------------------------------------- --9-11-------------11------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------- -17-16-14----14-------------------------------------14b16r14-12----12----------12----------| ----------17----17-14-17-14---14---14---14---17-14--------------14----14-12-10----15-14-10-| ------------------------------16^--16^--16^------------------------------------------------| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Every tab has either written it in an awkward way to play, or has just got one or two notes wrong, but from memory I'm pretty sure this way is 99.999% right.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:37 PM   #38
Andrewbiles

^ Try some stuff by the New Amsterdams, Fatkids has written out some decent chord sheets for them.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #39
TheVinesRule
<none>

How about Manics' Motorcycle Emptiness. people might think its really hard, but if you get the right tone/distortion its pretty simple.

These two tabs should be enough:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...ptiness_tab.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...ptiness_crd.htm
Old 09-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #40
Joked

uhm ehhh hmm.....
uuuhhh... Metallica-Nothing Else Matters??!??!

Rate This Thread: