Search:

View Poll Results: LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VS Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe 58 69.05%
Schecter C-1 FR 26 30.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
burritosaregood

ESP/LTD EC-1000 vs Schecter Hellraiser C-1

I made a recent post on which guitar I was going to by and listed more than a few options. When I went to Sam Ash, I tried the guitars I listed and then some and I just wasn't that impressed any of them. I went to my bandmates house and since I didn't bring my guitar over, I jammed with one of his...an ESP Eclipse II....I thought, wow this guitar feels great, sounds great even through a Peavey 30 practice amp. I then played his LTD EC-1000 Hetfield Truckster...I was expecting there to be a pretty obvious disparity in quality as well as sound. The LTD truckster did feel a tad "different" quality wise in comparison to the truckster, but when I plugged in the two guitars back to back into the same amp...there was no difference in sound. In fact...I almost enjoyed the feel of the LTD over the ESP however, the ESPs strings were older, so that may be why.

The one guitar I didn't have a chance to play that was in my original try list was the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR. I've never had a Floyd before...but keep in mind its not a need, just an extra to me. I'm going to take a drive to Guitar Center tomorrow to try out the hellraiser, but before I do I'd like to get your opinions on which would be the better buy value wise, which guitar you guys prefer etc.

ESP/LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VS Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
burritosaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
CemetaryGates90
I know some stuff

you can get an EC1000 and EC401(?) with a floyd rose too
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
CemetaryGates90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
johnro6659
The Penguin of Death

I prefer Schecter over LTD by far. IMO they are much better guitars. I have a lot of guitars and I have yet to find an LTD I liked enough to buy. If you get up to the real deal and get a low end ESP you would be better off. Low end ESPs are far better than the top of the line LTDs.

Make sure you really want a Floyd. There is a lot of maintenance that goes along with a Floyd. I have bought a lot of guitars from people who bought guitars with Floyds and got frustrated with setting them up and problems with them going out of tune because they were never set up right. One kid I got my Kerry King V from had his set up by a shop every time he changed strings because he just couldn't get the hang of setting it up him self. He really never used it so it was something he could have done with out in the first place. I paid $75.00 for the guitar just because he was sick of it!

John
johnro6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
burritosaregood

If I get the EC1000 I just wouldn't want a FR to be honest...

As for the Schecter, I'm gonna try it out tomorrow but I was impressed with the LTD Hetfield Truckster which must be pretty much identical to the LTD EC-1000.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
leftyace
Screaming Bloody Gore

I say get the Schecter, but a non FR version unless you are completely sure that you want to put up with and actively use the trem. If you're not going to use it it just isn't worth it.

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
leftyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
burritosaregood

Thinking about it...I probably won't use the trem that much..
Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
burritosaregood

Any other thoughts guys?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 AM   #8
corndog97
fried weiner + stick

i have an Ec 1000 and i really like it! My fiend has a hellraiser and it just feels weird to me. Im so used to the shorter scale! Other than that i dont think you can go wrong with either of them. Whatever you get i know you will be satisfied! BTW Floyds are the devil!!! Unless you have the patience for them. I wish i did
Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #9
Aditya_ram

Schecter
Aditya_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
Rautio

Maybe Hellraiser without the FR?

Some points:

- I found it uncomfortable to play Schecter C-1 standing because there was no body contour like on Ibanez guitars

- Some don't like Schecter necks, some do. They're a bit thicker than ESP necks, but this I'm not sure of.
Rautio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
burritosaregood

I'm about to take a ride to guitar center and try the hellraiser out...

If I'm not impressed with it, I'm just gonna go with the ec-1000.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
icaneatcatfood
is a Monster Hunter

Although I've never bought one, the best guitar I've ever played was an EC-1000 lol. It's really really comfortable.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #13
ChuggyMcBr00tlz
Get real noob...

I love my ec-1000. It's the best. screw that schecter.
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
ChuggyMcBr00tlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
Zinnie
<3 Schecter

im a schecter lover, and I have played both ltds and schecters. Schecters strings are a bit closer together, while ltds are more spacious. also, ltd necks are thinner, schecters are a bit thicker, so its mainly preference. I prefer the schecter necks, they just fit me. and there are Hellraisers without floyds, so if you find a string thru if you dont actually want a floyd on your schecter. um, also, schecter does coil tapping on most of their guitars, especially on their hellraiser series, which gives some tone versatility. not sure if ltds/esps do this. id say the schecter on what i like, but hey, who knows, u might like the ltd better
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Zinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #15
StuckOnReplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnie
im a schecter lover, and I have played both ltds and schecters. Schecters strings are a bit closer together, while ltds are more spacious. also, ltd necks are thinner, schecters are a bit thicker, so its mainly preference. I prefer the schecter necks, they just fit me. and there are Hellraisers without floyds, so if you find a string thru if you dont actually want a floyd on your schecter. um, also, schecter does coil tapping on most of their guitars, especially on their hellraiser series, which gives some tone versatility. not sure if ltds/esps do this. id say the schecter on what i like, but hey, who knows, u might like the ltd better

Well im pretty sure you got it backwards my buddy has a ESP EC-1000 and its strings are way closer together then my schecter hellraiser c-1 and the esp neck is a lot thicker and on the schecter you get a wider neck in my opinion its much better more then likely because i have bigger hands and its just more comfortable while soloing plus you get the extra frets to widen your solo possibility a bit more Not sure how the ec-1000 comes stock cause my friend got custom pickups in it they are EMG but they are not the stock ones..FR is more of a pain in the ass then convincing your grandma that air conditioning is your friend... I have had my schecter for about a year and man its the best thing ever i did get the zakk wylde EMG though not because the stock ones arnt good but i loved the sound the zakk customs put out..And really for the price your getting the schecter has more then it should. the push/pull nobs are amazing for live shows so my recommendation would have to go to The schecter id recommend the white finish
StuckOnReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
dr83

I've played both. I'll give quick reviews (they both are great and similar in quality so I'm just going to write about unique features).

Hellraiser
+Coil tap
+Set neck
+25.5" scale better for downtuning
+OFR is great

-Thicker neck; not as good for shredding (but still not horrible)
-Fretboard didn't feel as fast

EC-1000
+Vintage black version has ebony fretboard
+Awesome thin neck size, extremely fast. I played this like I had been playing it for years, so comfortable
+Awesome fret access
+A bit classier looking imo

-Bridge felt a little far forward on the body, was a tad awkward coming from ibanezes with recessed cavities
-Body did not contour well in classical sitting position
-24.75" scale not as good for downtuning and higher registers

Both are great guitars and have their own unique features. You're going to have to try them both and really figure out what you want from your guitar.
dr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
steve0barns

I have an EC 1000 and a C-1 Hellraiser Extreame. The EC was $850 the C-1 was $999 both are solid guitars, but every show I play i reach for my Ltd. A lot of people will say that the tone is beefier, but with emgs your not really going to hear a difference unless your playing clean. I will say the Schecter has better string tension, But the Ltd has better action. Most of the people saying go with the Schecter are probably using a cheaper model that doesn't even compare with the ec 1000 and just going with cause the price difference. best thing i can say is take a strap with you and play them standing up, because chances are you wont be sitting when playing live. Which ever is more comfortable that way you should buy. The more comfortable you are the better you will play and we all want to play our best live.

Last edited by steve0barns : 08-24-2013 at 10:25 AM.
steve0barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #18
samuraigoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnro6659
I prefer Schecter over LTD by far. IMO they are much better guitars. I have a lot of guitars and I have yet to find an LTD I liked enough to buy. If you get up to the real deal and get a low end ESP you would be better off. Low end ESPs are far better than the top of the line LTDs.

What did you not like about the LTD guitars you played?

A used ltd deluxe can run as low as $450 easily, and for that price you get brand-name pickups, set neck, locking tuners, bone nut, and a TOM bridge. I don't know if Schecter offers a better deal than that, maybe they do since Schecters also sell very cheaply on the used market.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
innovine

The top edge of my ec-1000 digs into my right nipple when I'm sitting. Its agony after a while. Might be all les pauls I don't know
innovine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: