Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  

Old 08-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
Lap Steel Build Help

So I'm building a lap steel and I have most of the parts ready to go (though I haven't ordered anything yet). The only thing I am questioning is the bridge. I was thinking about using a standard tune-o-matic and filing the saddles down a little. I know it's radiused but I was thinking that it would all level out with the flat nut that I'm going to use. I couldn't find any other bridges specifically for lap steels and I know some people use wraparound LP Jr. bridges but I was hoping my idea would work just fine. The plan is to have it be a string thru design too, if that makes any difference. What bridge do I use? Or is my idea fine? Thanks
lightningjoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Miss Kristen
Just google lap steel bridge. Georgeboards has some good stuff for custom lap steels. Lap steel bridges are basically just a slotted piece of solid brass or other metal. In fact, bridge blanks and nut blanks are the same item. You absolutely don't want saddles since they will actually goof up your your intonation since you aren't actually fretting notes. Like take a look at top of the line lap steel's from companies like Sierra or MSA. No saddles in sight.
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Originally Posted by Hail
write 3 page long posts with the wrong opinions until people who don't actually read here or know anything about music theory promote you

worked for 20T

Pats killed McNair

Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: