Search:

Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #40961
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

fm20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #40962
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

It's amazing but ROH have actually brought the least interesting wrestler on the NOAH roster over. Ishimori is no buys. Marufuji at least has history but I haven't been excited for a Marufuji match in forever. They could have brought over Yoshie man. I would have paid to see Yoshie beat up someone like...QT Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkaro
Triple H is a wonderful man.

See, if this guy would just stop being on the TV show then I'd have more nice things to say about him when you consider all his backstage work and his 2000 run.

On the Lance Vance Archer discussion, honestly right now if I was to put together a list of the best wrestlers of 2013 he would have a very real chance of making the top 10. These are words I never thought I'd write and I was one of the 8 people who were a fan of The Rock N' Rave Infection.

NFL Predictions 2014: 16-16
Cadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #40963
Villearreal92
UG's Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Well, since Rock n' Rave Infection is pretty much the best tag team of the past decade, topping teams like The Highlanders, Cryme Tyme, Decue n' Domino, MCMG, Beer Money, AMW, etc.

Rock N' Rave is better then he Leigon of Doom/Road Warriors. I always loved Lance, as i have stated over and over again. And i'd be lying if i said that i haven't used my long hair as a weapon before. It's just funny to see it in a ring.

On the Bulletnotes, it's about goddamn time. Though, if the results are what Bo Dallas gave us a few weeks back...maybe they should just overdub everyone like they did with La Parka in WCW
Originally Posted by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full ******
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Villearreal92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #40964
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

****ING YES.

I will watch NXT for this.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #40965
Joshwalad

So last night I was up for a nostalgia hit, so I chucked on Survivor Series 2002. I remember this being one of the first wrestling things I ever watched (distinctly remember Summerslam '04 as the first) and had fond memories of it. Thought I might put down a review with my thoughts on it.

1. Bubba Ray Dudley, Spike Dudley and Jeff Hardy vs 3 Minute Warning and Rico in an elimination Tables match.

Holy shit, this was a total spot fest. Doesn't really slow down at all and Jeff Hardy gets absolutely wrecked twice. Swanton off an entrance is ridiculous. Bubba Ray seems to be so over with the crowd and they go nuts over "get the tables" and everything else. D-Von comes in the end which JR and King make a big deal over as he's a Smackdown superstar to help put Rico through the last table. Fun match with lots of carnage, which WWE had more of these nowadays. ***1/2

2. Jamie Noble vs Billy Kidman for the Cruiserweight Championship
Another good match, fast paced and heaps of high flying from Kidman. WWE should seriously consider bringing cruiserweights back. ***

3. Trish Stratus vs Victoria in a Hardcore Match for the Women's Championship
Feel asleep during this, remember it being pretty fun.

4. Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show for the WWE Championship
This was the shortest match of the night at <5mins. Really a match to move the story forward and set up for Wrestlemania. Promo before promotes how Brock can't suplex, F5 or beat the Big Show but he has him all but beaten at the 3 minute mark after suplexing and F5-ing him. Heyman screws Brock and Big Show and Heyman escape in a limo post match. **

5. Rey Mysterio and Edge vs Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs Los Guererros for the WWE Tag Team Championship
First of all, the star power of this match in hindsight. Of the 6 wrestlers atleast 5 of them could be considered some of the best ever. Overall just a really great match and probably the highlight of the event. This also reminded me how good Kurt is on mic, just generally funny, and in the ring. ****1/2

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho vs Kane vs Rob Van Dam vs Booker T in an Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship
The only real stroyline going into this match is between HHH and HBK. HHH is bleeding before the first person gets out of a pod. This match just seems more brutal than any other Elimination Chamber match that came after. Really good match with some great high points and HBK wins and everyones happy. ****

What I took from this is that Smackdown actually seemed to be on par, if not better, than Raw as a show at this point, not just a secondary show. I think if WWE expanded it's roster and actually came up with decent enough story lines i think the brand exclusiveness could work again. Overall a solid 8/10 PPV.
Joshwalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #40966
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Smackdown 2002-2004 along with 2009 ECW is my favourite period of TV in WWE history. Pretty much everything about it was awesome. Even the terrible shit like Mr. America was awesome. I would recommend if you haven't seen a lot of it to seek out anything with the Smackdown 6, Taker, Lesnar and Tajiri.

I've never really been a fan of RAW though, my favourite "era" of RAW is probably 2000 and that's probably because of nostalgia and the fact that every year since has either been terrible or completely uneventful while at least 2000 had some good stuff.

Just always been a B (or nowadays, C) show guy. Give me 10 minute matches between 2 midcarders with ability or up and comer guys from the indies/some other developmental guys over anything on RAW (and now Smackdown).

Last edited by Cadj : 03-22-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #40967
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

I liked WCW in 1997-98. WWF stuff from 98-2006 and then I lost interest

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #40968
stepco12345
UG's Sadcore Advocate

2002/3 was a weird time in WWE. On one show, you had some of the most stacked, professional and able wrestlers, with great storylines and characters. And on the other show... Some of the worst storylines, characters and wrestling. That time period can easily be called the best AND worst era of WWE (TV, at least.)

Last.FM

This is why I'm #Fresh.

2014 UG Awards winner for Favourite "Retired" CC!
I am the greatest!
stepco12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #40969
Minkaro
Never Forget ;_;

Raw!

I'm writing this on my phone, so my spelling and grammar may be a tad off.

John Cena talks

We have to pick a side for Cena vs Rock. That's not exactly difficult: I pick the wrestler.

Have WWE given them those signs, or have they made sure all the Cena fans sit there?

POINTING AT THE SIGN.

Oh god Titus, what are you doing? Sorry, Pancake Patterson. I actually love Titus. He needs to get rid of Darren.

John Cena vs Darren Young

This happened.

POINTING AT THE SIGN.

David Otunga vs Ryback

This also happened.
Ryback cuts a promo. This is something that shouldn't happen.

I love that camera shot of Mark, behind him as he makes his entrance. Here's Teddy. Memories! Ryback vs Henry is official, to the shock of nobody.

POINTING AT THE SIGN.

Ryback forgets he's a face and attacks Otunga.

Why is Jerry Lawler's music playing?

Fandango vs The Great Khali

Fandango's entrance is great. This is a match that...didn't happen. I don't like this gimmick.

R-Truth vs Damien Sandow

Better than what we've seen so fair, but the finish sucked.

The Undertaker talks

Taker demands the urn. Punk doing Bearer is great. This looks like something recorded earlier, because I bet it took Punk a few goes where he accidentally dropped the urn, instead of accidentally dropping it on purpose.

The crowd is awful tonight, by the way. No reaction to anything.

Primo & Epico vs Team Hell No

Nice of WWE to tie Kane into the storyline. They could easily have ignored him being Taker's brother. There needs to be a Rosacam during these matches.

AJ is here! She's going to destroy them all! Or just skip a bit. Hell No win anyway. Decent match.

Jericho interviewed

It's Fandango! Jericho doing his old gimmick feels weird now. I'd gotten used to evil Jericho. This was bad and Jericho should feel bad.

Cody Rhodes vs Alberto Del Rio

Did... Did Cole just explain why a move is effective? Actual good commentary on RAW? UNPOSSIBLE.

Beautiful Disaster off the barricade was nice. I like Cody's moonsault. Good back and forth match.

SWAGGIE TIME. Ricardo takes a nasty bump to the floor. Does Alberto have a pterodactyl tattooed on his back?

LOOKING AT THE SIGN

Oh hell naw, you don't attack Ricardo. This is the best feud going into Wrestlemania.

Booker in the HOF? Cool.

Randy Orton & Sheamus vs 3MB

King trying to make a big deal of it being three on two, when 3MB would lose if it was three on one. It's two on two anyway.

I've said it before, Slater sells like a beast.

Shield! Big Show! This is his 6663377997326th turn!

POINTING AT THE SIGN

Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler

Oh good, this match hardly ever happens. It's basically what you'd expect.

Hell No vs Ziggler and Big E? Yay, another Wrestlemania match with hardly any build.

Nobody pointed at the sign. Fire them all.

Miz vs Barrett vs Jericho

Seriously, this crowd is bad. Have they all died?

This is actually a good match. Barrett hasn't had enough offence though. And he wins.

Triple H/Brock Lesnar contract signing

Paul has security! Three of them. TREMBLE.

Security didn't help.

HERE COMES THE PAIN. He dropped his chair, the twit.

POINTING AT THE SIGN.

No DQ? Makes it a fun brawl.

Triple H's career is on the line? Which one? He's basically retired as a wrestler, and he doesn't do any on-screen corporate stuff. This is a terrible stipulation. At least make it one that matters. If Triple H loses Aurora Rose is sent off to an Asian sweatshop for a year. Hell, if Brock wins Triple H is banned from wearing leather jackets.

This RAW was bad. Bad I say.

I've been known to wear a fine black suit and a murder of a tie
I've got miles on my shoes that your brothers can't buy

Twitter
Minkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #40970
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo

If Trips loses Katie Vick gets to run the company for a month.

iSupport the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Union, and Sixers.
Dallas Sucks!

Jako215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #40971
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepco12345
2002/3 was a weird time in WWE. On one show, you had some of the most stacked, professional and able wrestlers, with great storylines and characters. And on the other show... Some of the worst storylines, characters and wrestling. That time period can easily be called the best AND worst era of WWE (TV, at least.)

I would completely agree. That era of RAW was absolutely god awful and produced some of my worst memories as a fan growing up.

Heyman gets overrated a lot by people but yeah, I sort of have Heyman to thank for me not giving up wrestling back then since he booked Smackdown. Because I was that age when everyone started to stop watching then. So cheers Paul!

I have 2 AJPW shows to watch including the big show from the 17th with DON FRYE (and other dudes and title matches).

Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #40972
losing battle
UG's Trollestia

Poor ziggy he could have resumed his fued with Jehricho had a nice relevant match.
@everything lb has ever said

Wtf is wrong with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
everypony calm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
numa, if I grow boobs and cat ears in the night, I'll let you know
losing battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #40973
Demiurge919
Banned

Did anyone else just get a commercial for slammiversary during SD! ? Wonder how much TNA had to pay for that.
Demiurge919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #40974
losing battle
UG's Trollestia

I didn't get one yet, ill keep an eye out for it slameversrry can't be much worse than this upcoming wrestlemania, but then again they are TNA and they have been dropping a giant deuce over the corse of the last year.
@everything lb has ever said

Wtf is wrong with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
everypony calm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
numa, if I grow boobs and cat ears in the night, I'll let you know
losing battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #40975
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Quote:
NJPW, 3/23/13 (WPW/iPPV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,015 Fans Super No Vacancy Full House

1. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat Yuji Nagata, Super Strong Machine & BUSHI (10:07) when Nakanishi used an Argentine backbreaker on BUSHI.
2. Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima beat Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI (11:13) when Kojima used a lariat on YOSHI-HASHI.
3. New Japan Cup Semi Final: Hirooki Goto beat Davey Boy Smith Jr. (8:14) with the Goto Shiki.
4. New Japan Cup Semi Final: Kazuchika Okada beat Toru Yano (10:42) with the Red Ink.
5. Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & Jado beat Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer & TAKA Michinoku (14:04) when Ishii used a brainbuster on TAKA.
6. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga, Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (13:22) when Devitt used the Bloody Sunday on Captain.
7. New Japan Cup Final: Kazuchika Okada beat Hirooki Goto (23:52) with the Rainmaker.

Meh.

INVASION ATTACK on April 7th tentative lineup:

1. IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada
2. IWGP Tag Team Championship - Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro ishii
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - Prince Devitt (c) vs Alex Shelley
4. NWA World Heavyweight Championship - Rob Conway (c) vs Satoshi Kojima
5. Yuji Nagata vs Kazushi Sakuraba
6. Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata

DAT. Rob Conway won the NWA belt a week or so ago and he's the NWA representative and yes it's that Rob Conway. DBS Jr. challenged Nakamura for the IC belt too but I hope they do the tag title match on this PPV instead because ISHII AND NAKAMURA THE DREAM TEAM FOR THE GOLD. Devitt vs Shelley sounds sexy, NAGATA VS SAKURABA and the main event will be decent I guess. I also just assume Shibata/Goto will happen, and possibly Makaba/Honma vs Yujiro/Tanaka.

EDIT:
So far this is the only PPV I'm buying Mania weekend, screw everything else.

EDIT2:
Seems Shelley/Devitt will be April 5th at Korakuen instead for some reason. Unless they do Apollo 55 vs Time Splitters at the PPV.

Last edited by Cadj : 03-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #40976
stepco12345
UG's Sadcore Advocate

Oh how the NWA has fallen...

Last.FM

This is why I'm #Fresh.

2014 UG Awards winner for Favourite "Retired" CC!
I am the greatest!
stepco12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #40977
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

But Rob Conway represented Canada sort of, you should like him!

If he still uses his Just Look At Me theme song then the money I depart with to New Japan will all be worth it. The rest of the show wont even matter after that.

Kojima would be a cool NWA Champion though, he's a big name in Japan and a Kojima tour of the indies would be grand.

EDIT:

YTR

Last edited by Cadj : 03-23-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #40978
fm20000
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Okada better win the ****ing belt
Old 03-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #40979
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

I actually think he should lose simply because he shouldn't have the belt. But then the problem is that he'd be 1-3 vs Tanahashi while being 0-3 in his last 3 matches with him. He really, really shouldn't have won the Cup.

Suzuki should have won it, beat Tanahashi finally, then beat Nakamura in May before losing it to Okada, who would finally get the big win over Suzuki & Suzuki-gun for CHAOS while also winning the belt.

I guess instead Okada wins, beats Suzuki in May and then has no new challengers except for Nakamura provided the CHAOS split occurs sooner rather than later.

Jado & Gedo u so silly. Also of all the potential matches at INVASION ATTACK, this is easily the one I have least interest in.

Last edited by Cadj : 03-23-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #40980
Cadj
#EatSleepBreakTheStreak

Meanwhile.

Rate This Thread: