Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #61
ahsoo
Humiliation

Re-amping is running your already recorded guitar signal through an amp, it could be an amp simulator but it could also be a real amp.
Laney LC15
ahsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #62
idiotbox919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks

That sounds really nice! Personally, I wasn't mad for the drum sounds, something about the snare didn't seem quite right to me

But I couldn't fault the guitars, they sounded really nice, the only problem was the tapping at the end of the solo was quieter than everything else (which is to be expected). I would split it up from the rest of the solo and boost the volume to the same as the rest...what did you use to record that?

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
idiotbox919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #63
Bostonrocks
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotbox919
That sounds really nice! Personally, I wasn't mad for the drum sounds, something about the snare didn't seem quite right to me

But I couldn't fault the guitars, they sounded really nice, the only problem was the tapping at the end of the solo was quieter than everything else (which is to be expected). I would split it up from the rest of the solo and boost the volume to the same as the rest...what did you use to record that?

yeah, I'm working on the drums sound I'll have some more later .

The guitars surprisingly were PODxt. it wast eh recto model. some patch I got of the line 6 site, supposed to sound like KSE. I like it, one of the better ones I've gotten. it's all double tracked. and yeah I'll fix the tapping bit, I'm not completely happy with the end there and the playing. (Arnold voice) *I'll Be Back*
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #64
mikespi8

Hi!

I am going through a mid-life thing. Years back I played guitar a little, but could never afford the toys.

I recently got a lot of new toys. B-52 AT-212, Les Paul Standard VCB, BR-1200, pedal board, LOTS of pedals! Got an old Shure wireless, and a Radial Dragster to adjust tone.

Does anyone out there have info about the line out of a B-52 100 watt amp? I would love to be able to play and practice different combinations of pedals...without disturbing anyone. So, you can't install a headphone jack I guess, BUT, I have read that some people use the line out to record to a computer! I am afraid to try it, but I read that you can turn the master volume all the way down and then just use the channel volumes. So, if I can do that, I should be able to run through a mixer or recorder, right? And I am wondering if the line out is a closed circuit, so there is no external sound.

Thanks,
Mike
mikespi8@sbcglobal.net
mikespi8@sbcglobal.net
mikespi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #65
idiotbox919

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespi8
Hi!

I am going through a mid-life thing. Years back I played guitar a little, but could never afford the toys.

I recently got a lot of new toys. B-52 AT-212, Les Paul Standard VCB, BR-1200, pedal board, LOTS of pedals! Got an old Shure wireless, and a Radial Dragster to adjust tone.

Does anyone out there have info about the line out of a B-52 100 watt amp? I would love to be able to play and practice different combinations of pedals...without disturbing anyone. So, you can't install a headphone jack I guess, BUT, I have read that some people use the line out to record to a computer! I am afraid to try it, but I read that you can turn the master volume all the way down and then just use the channel volumes. So, if I can do that, I should be able to run through a mixer or recorder, right? And I am wondering if the line out is a closed circuit, so there is no external sound.

Thanks,
Mike
mikespi8@sbcglobal.net
mikespi8@sbcglobal.net

I've got no experience with B-52s at all...they never really came to the UK

However, on how line outs normally work I can't see that you would be able to use it as a headphone. You might be able to record like you said with the master all the way down, cause it says the line out has it's own volume control. Although, if you can spare the cash...I would recommend against this. Like I said, I don't know about the B-52s, but I've never been impressed with using a line out to record on any amp. If you have the option I would always recommend micing up the cab, I've always found I've had better results doing it that way....

All you can do is try it...you'll need a cab sim though, grab something like lepou lecab and use Ryan's (CatharsisStudio's) impulses...I believe there's a guide at the start of this thread. And don't worry about damaging your amp, as long as there is a load connected (the speaker) you're fine, just don't unplug the speaker

Oh and Boston, that sounds awesome for a patch from a Pod...I swear everytime I hear the results people can get from Pods and Pod Farm when they know what they're doing, it really makes me want to spend more money I don't have! I'm still recovering from the DSL100 I bought on impulse

Last edited by idiotbox919 : 04-03-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #66
Bostonrocks
UG God

Quote:
I've got no experience with B-52s at all...they never really came to the UK

However, on how line outs normally work I can't see that you would be able to use it as a headphone. You might be able to record like you said with the master all the way down, cause it says the line out has it's own volume control. Although, if you can spare the cash...I would recommend against this. Like I said, I don't know about the B-52s, but I've never been impressed with using a line out to record on any amp. If you have the option I would always recommend micing up the cab, I've always found I've had better results doing it that way....

All you can do is try it...you'll need a cab sim though, grab something like lepou lecab and use Ryan's (CatharsisStudio's) impulses...I believe there's a guide at the start of this thread. And don't worry about damaging your amp, as long as there is a load connected (the speaker) you're fine, just don't unplug the speaker

Oh and Boston, that sounds awesome for a patch from a Pod...I swear everytime I hear the results people can get from Pods and Pod Farm when they know what they're doing, it really makes me want to spend more money I don't have! I'm still recovering from the DSL100 I bought on impulse

+1 Ryan's stuff is great.

1. you can call me Brett

2. I have a more uhh finished version up in just a minute

EDIT:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Song%2038.wav
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era

Last edited by Bostonrocks : 04-03-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #67
idiotbox919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks
+1 Ryan's stuff is great.

1. you can call me Brett

2. I have a more uhh finished version up in just a minute

EDIT:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Song%2038.wav

Hi Brett, I'm Russ *shakes hand*

It sounds real good, the leads aren't quite cutting through as much as I'd like though. The first solo in particular in the second part kinda gets buried underneath the rhythm guitars. 3 solutions:

1) Make them louder, but this can often lead to them being really loud and ruining the mix

2) EQ them to keep them seperate to the rhythm. Rhythm is quite low (pitched) so I reckon a boost somewhere between 3-7 khz could work. I would start around 5 and see, the problem here is it can sometimes end up being really cutting and harsh.

3) Female vocal compressor. This, I have no idea how or why it works....Mark told me to do it one time and it worked wonders so now I do it

Other than that, it sounds awesome, I really like your lead style too, nice and pretty quick, without being overly showy. The only other thing I would change is make the kick drum louder.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #68
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T

Quote:
Hi Brett, I'm Russ *shakes hand*

It sounds real good, the leads aren't quite cutting through as much as I'd like though. The first solo in particular in the second part kinda gets buried underneath the rhythm guitars. 3 solutions:

1) Make them louder, but this can often lead to them being really loud and ruining the mix

2) EQ them to keep them seperate to the rhythm. Rhythm is quite low (pitched) so I reckon a boost somewhere between 3-7 khz could work. I would start around 5 and see, the problem here is it can sometimes end up being really cutting and harsh.

3) Female vocal compressor. This, I have no idea how or why it works....Mark told me to do it one time and it worked wonders so now I do it

Other than that, it sounds awesome, I really like your lead style too, nice and pretty quick, without being overly showy. The only other thing I would change is make the kick drum louder.

Alot of female vocal compressors I've seen work like multi band compressors so they are compressing multiple frequencies. Usually female voice frequencies will be in the "solo" range of guitars.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #69
idiotbox919

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_shred
Alot of female vocal compressors I've seen work like multi band compressors so they are compressing multiple frequencies. Usually female voice frequencies will be in the "solo" range of guitars.

haha well that explains it then!

Thanks man, you certainly know your stuff

Old 04-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #70
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T

Haha you give me too much credit. I've just been playing around with alot of audio production stuff and music technology things as of lately.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #71
DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Jackson Kelly Addict

Hey guys, another clip up. This time it's rhythm only, as that's basically what I've been told (and I want to) improve on tone wise.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DIMEBAGLIVEDON/

Clip is called "Tone Test Line 6 Pod Farm Half Step Down". Added more presence.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #72
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Hey guys, another clip up. This time it's rhythm only, as that's basically what I've been told (and I want to) improve on tone wise.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DIMEBAGLIVEDON/

Clip is called "Tone Test Line 6 Pod Farm Half Step Down". Added more presence.

Seems a little distant but when you hit the end of the phrase it feels closer up. Its better but i'd work on getting it as a whole "closer up". What amp model, cab and others things are you using in pod farm

I've got one i did with pod farm. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4291735/untitled857.wav

There no post fx's minus a compressor. I think i need to turn down the gain a little and fill some of the fizz. Any other thoughts?

heres an acoustic guitar mix i did recently.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4291735/charlie%20gore.wav

playing and singing is not mine. guy that is, is a local artist named charlie g.(just check the url if you want his full name, he's on myspace and has other songs up), so all credit to him for singing and guitars and songwriting. I did the mixing
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #73
Bostonrocks
UG God

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Song%20Mix%203.mp3

any better?

I threw a compressor on the lead tracks and brought drums up 2db.

yawn

Quote:
The end of an era
Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #74
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T

I liked the lead track better. The snare on the drum was a bit overbeairng though
Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #75
Bostonrocks
UG God

yeah I just fixed that. gonna fix it in a minute

yawn

Quote:
The end of an era
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #76
Bostonrocks
UG God

yawn

Quote:
The end of an era
Old 04-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #77
DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Jackson Kelly Addict

Quote:
Seems a little distant but when you hit the end of the phrase it feels closer up. Its better but i'd work on getting it as a whole "closer up". What amp model, cab and others things are you using in pod farm

I've got one i did with pod farm. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4291735/untitled857.wav

There no post fx's minus a compressor. I think i need to turn down the gain a little and fill some of the fizz. Any other thoughts?
Thanks for the advice. How would I make it sound more "up-close" like you did?

I personally liked your clip. It's a little boomy though, and I agree on the "fizz" thing. However, the fizz isn't terrible.

I'm using the SLO Model and Marshall JCM 800, both boosted with the screamer. I'm using the noise gate, cavernous reverb, EQ, and compressor as well.

My cabinet's on both are the 4x12 1996 Brit Celestion V-30's, with a 50% room setting, and my mic setting is "On Axis Shure SM57".

Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON : 04-03-2010 at 10:56 PM.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #78
tr3nt
is your mom

Quote:

heres an acoustic guitar mix i did recently.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4291735/charlie%20gore.wav

playing and singing is not mine. guy that is, is a local artist named charlie g.(just check the url if you want his full name, he's on myspace and has other songs up), so all credit to him for singing and guitars and songwriting. I did the mixing

Hey what drum software do you use?

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
tr3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #79
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3nt
Hey what drum software do you use?

I used to use EZ drummer and my fantom x8, but i recently got superior drummer. So im playing around and using my fantom x8 as well.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #80
tr3nt
is your mom

Quote:
I used to use EZ drummer and my fantom x8, but i recently got superior drummer. So im playing around and using my fantom x8 as well.

So in that KSE clip your using superior?

Do you get your midi from Guitar Pro?

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
tr3nt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: