Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #81
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T
 
mexican_shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: With my nose in a book
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3nt
So in that KSE clip your using superior?

Do you get your midi from Guitar Pro?

I got lazy and used a backing track from a website. I still have yet to post something with superior. Ill try to upload something in 2-4 weeks when school gets out and i have all my gear at my disposal and the time to.


But usually ill tab it in GP or finale, and then export the midi into my DAW and run the program vsti on the track. im still trying to buy some roland or Alesis v drums to make things a little easier on myself.
__________________
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks

Last edited by mexican_shred : 04-03-2010 at 11:21 PM.
mexican_shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #82
tr3nt
is your mom
 
tr3nt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_shred
I got lazy and used a backing track from a website. I still have yet to post something with superior. Ill try to upload something in 2-4 weeks when school gets out and i have all my gear at my disposal and the time to.


But usually ill tab it in GP or finale, and then export the midi into my DAW and run the program vsti on the track. im still trying to buy some roland or Alesis v drums to make things a little easier on myself.


But then you gotta know how to play the drums I'm not that great at drums .

What site did you get that backing track from?! I've been looking for some backing tracks that sound good and that sounded great.
__________________
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
tr3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #83
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T
 
mexican_shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: With my nose in a book
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3nt
But then you gotta know how to play the drums I'm not that great at drums .

What site did you get that backing track from?! I've been looking for some backing tracks that sound good and that sounded great.

usually guitarbackingtracks.com


This one has been on my comp for like 2 years and i might have gotten it when guitarbt was still active. So im not sure. usually guitarbackingtracks.com will have good ones or some forums will as well


Gotta learn sometime ill get my drummer friend to play the v drums lol
__________________
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
mexican_shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #84
tr3nt
is your mom
 
tr3nt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
wooo

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1371004/8.mp3

you inspired me to do that riff, it had me noddin my head. Sorry it's sloppy i just spent 5 mins learning it (I usually play Blink 182) :P

the amp is Solo C vst, it's too late to fire up my boogie but I def will tomorrow.
__________________
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
tr3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #85
Well.......
~$Cheddar$~
 
Well.......'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5852534/test.mp3


Any way that I can improve this clean tone? Besides redoing the bass, I'm already going to do that.
__________________
.


~$USA$~

ಠ_ಠ
Well....... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #86
Bostonrocks
UG God
 
Bostonrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anoka, MN
that's a really really really really good clean tone, i'd suggest maybe 2 things. 1. tune yer guitar. 2. just a touch of chorus.

other than that. amazing!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn


Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #87
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T
 
mexican_shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: With my nose in a book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks
that's a really really really really good clean tone, i'd suggest maybe 2 things. 1. tune yer guitar. 2. just a touch of chorus.

other than that. amazing!!!

ding ding. nothing ruins a guitar or any instrument for that matter more than tuning for me. I've had to stop a session because of tuning
__________________
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
mexican_shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #88
Well.......
~$Cheddar$~
 
Well.......'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanks guys.

I think a bit of chorus would be nice also, I'll try it. Also, good thing I tuned up before I recorded the rest of the song.
__________________
.


~$USA$~

ಠ_ಠ
Well....... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #90
mexican_shred
P-QRS-T
 
mexican_shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: With my nose in a book
Ryan's= as tight as a boa constrictor's death grip
__________________
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks

Last edited by mexican_shred : 04-04-2010 at 02:20 AM.
mexican_shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 AM   #91
Mark G
UG Nerd
 
Mark G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_shred
Ryan's= as tight as a boa constrictor's death grip


Agreed, almost too much so
__________________
WTLTL 2011
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #92
idiotbox919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks


Sounds awesome man...I really like it!

The leads cut through a lot better now and the drums are better too
__________________
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
idiotbox919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #93
DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Jackson Kelly Addict
 
DIMEBAGLIVEDON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
"Tone Test Number Who Knows"

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DIMEBAGLIVEDON/

Yet another clip in my profile. Still trying. I feel I'm making progress after doing this for 2 months.

The playing's sloppy. I didn't really care as much as it's only a test.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #94
kylendm
Baronboi
 
kylendm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
There's still something about it. It just doesn't cut. It feels far away still. Hmm....
__________________
Gear:
Baron Custom Amps - K88
Ibanez UV777 - BKP Nailbomb.
Ibanez RG927QM
Ibanez SA160
Bogner 4x12 (V30s)
G-Major 2
kylendm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #95
DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Jackson Kelly Addict
 
DIMEBAGLIVEDON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylendm
There's still something about it. It just doesn't cut. It feels far away still. Hmm....


Any advice? I think I might change the "room" setting to 0% and see where that takes me.

EDIT: Just tried it. I hear no difference at all. For **** sakes. This is getting really frustrating.

"Tone Test Number Six" is in my profile. There is no difference IMO, but who knows.

Now I'm going to screw around with different mic/positions.

EDIT 2:

I think I've fixed the problem!

"Tone Test Number Seven" in in my profile. Changed the mic to the Sennheiser 421 Dynamic Microphone.

Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON : 04-04-2010 at 02:19 PM.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #96
Bostonrocks
UG God
 
Bostonrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anoka, MN
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Ha...s%20Mix%205.mp3

brought the drums up a little, re tracked a few pieces i also put some cymbals in and a few drum rolls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn


Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #97
tr3nt
is your mom
 
tr3nt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMEBAGLIVEDON


Any advice? I think I might change the "room" setting to 0% and see where that takes me.

EDIT: Just tried it. I hear no difference at all. For **** sakes. This is getting really frustrating.

"Tone Test Number Six" is in my profile. There is no difference IMO, but who knows.

Now I'm going to screw around with different mic/positions.

EDIT 2:

I think I've fixed the problem!

"Tone Test Number Seven" in in my profile. Changed the mic to the Sennheiser 421 Dynamic Microphone.


Hmm even with your edit I'm still not feeling it. If I were you I'd read up on some demos, watch some youtube vids, see how other people are doing it and try to fix your problem from there.
__________________
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
tr3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #98
idiotbox919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonrocks
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/Ha...s%20Mix%205.mp3

brought the drums up a little, re tracked a few pieces i also put some cymbals in and a few drum rolls.


Overall it sounds good...but I would bring the snare down. At the moment it's dominating the mix a bit too much. Other than that there's not really anything I would change. I wasn't too keen on the cymbal crashes leading up to the second solo, maybe a bit loud.

That second solo sounds sexy as hell!
__________________
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
idiotbox919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #99
DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Jackson Kelly Addict
 
DIMEBAGLIVEDON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3nt
Hmm even with your edit I'm still not feeling it. If I were you I'd read up on some demos, watch some youtube vids, see how other people are doing it and try to fix your problem from there.
Are you guys mastering your tracks at all?

Or are they just mixes? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Mine are only mixes.
DIMEBAGLIVEDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #100
idiotbox919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Are you guys mastering your tracks at all?

Or are they just mixes? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Mine are only mixes.


I've only posted one song at the start of this thread, but mine are pretty much just mixes. My monitoring setup is nowhere near decent enough to master on...it's barely enough to mix on

All I have on the master bus is Gclip to take off the most extreme peaks and a limiter to boost the volume and stop any unwanted clipping.
__________________
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
idiotbox919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.