Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 04-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
champayne
Sexual Harassment Panda
 
champayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Zone
Talking Frost (WIP) (Symphonic\Melodic Metal) [GP5, GP4, MIDI] [C4C]

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted anything on Tabs and Chords. Anyway, I really like where this song is going. Its a work in progress, but its still a good 3 minutes long. The final version will probably be much longer. I decided to take the symphonic road, but its still mostly guitar work. Anyway, enjoy. Constructive criticism is welcome and I'll C4C if you post a link.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frostwip.zip (11.7 KB, 199 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne


Some of My Recent Songs



Last edited by champayne : 04-03-2010 at 05:55 PM.
champayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
atira
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
First of all: good drums.

Okay, I don't have time, I have to go to sleep so I'll check back later.
But I worked on your intro.
You started off with a nice melody in the first bar then you started repeating it for 18 bars. My ears expected a continuation of the melody and it was not pleasant hearing a repetition.
Furthermore every other instrument moves downwards then back upwards while synth 1 (the melody) keeps playing the same, creating a not very pleasant dissonance (at least for my ears).
So I changed Synth 1, take a look at it. If you don't like it, scrap it.

Also: I see that right guitar plays a third compared to the left guitar which is okay if you want to do that, it's a matter of taste. But G is very dissonant here, use G# (I already did that, check it). You're playing in F# minor and G is a chromatic sound here.

This is it so far, I'll check back later.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 frostwip[1].gp5 (72.2 KB, 70 views)
atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
champayne
Sexual Harassment Panda
 
champayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Zone
Quote:
Originally Posted by atira
First of all: good drums.

Okay, I don't have time, I have to go to sleep so I'll check back later.
But I worked on your intro.
You started off with a nice melody in the first bar then you started repeating it for 18 bars. My ears expected a continuation of the melody and it was not pleasant hearing a repetition.
Furthermore every other instrument moves downwards then back upwards while synth 1 (the melody) keeps playing the same, creating a not very pleasant dissonance (at least for my ears).
So I changed Synth 1, take a look at it. If you don't like it, scrap it.

Also: I see that right guitar plays a third compared to the left guitar which is okay if you want to do that, it's a matter of taste. But G is very dissonant here, use G# (I already did that, check it). You're playing in F# minor and G is a chromatic sound here.

This is it so far, I'll check back later.


It was meant to be kind of a starting point, where I developed the other parts from there. I didn't really want itself to progress that much. But I like what you're doing. I might consider that. Thanks for the crit!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne


Some of My Recent Songs


champayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Good job, the drumming is pretty cool, the riffing is also really good and the keyboards really give a good atmosphere. Can't wait to see the final version! C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1296017
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Squares
Similar to Rectangles
 
Squares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I enjoy this immensely.

the melody at 35 needs to be more ... showcased. You know? brought to the front of the wall of sound you build.

the constant powerchords can get boring, but vocals would fix that.

change at 51 is a bit abrupt for this song.

after that, you should have some REALLY quiet strings behind...oh wait. there they are.

Same Old Stuff: It really is.

haha. i like your construction site. Currently it sounds like a trainwreck. lol


I think the intro was the most impressive part so far.
Fix your transitions, and add a bit more sustinence where needed. This IS symphonic metal after all. You've got an orchestra, use it :P


Mind checking out mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...26#post23699626
__________________
AYE! if you LOVE

FOXY SHAZAM!
Squares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
champayne
Sexual Harassment Panda
 
champayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Zone
I left you two nice, fresh crits on your songs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Squares
I enjoy this immensely.

the melody at 35 needs to be more ... showcased. You know? brought to the front of the wall of sound you build.

the constant powerchords can get boring, but vocals would fix that.

change at 51 is a bit abrupt for this song.

after that, you should have some REALLY quiet strings behind...oh wait. there they are.

Same Old Stuff: It really is.

haha. i like your construction site. Currently it sounds like a trainwreck. lol


I think the intro was the most impressive part so far.
Fix your transitions, and add a bit more sustinence where needed. This IS symphonic metal after all. You've got an orchestra, use it :P


Mind checking out mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...26#post23699626


I guess the symphonic metal part is a bit of an overstatement. It is meant as an atmospheric background. But I'll try harder to incorporate that, but I don't currently have a (working) keyboard. Its kinda hard for me cause I write it on my guitar.

About the solo, I know it sucks right now. I should have removed it before posting the song. I think I'll scrap it completely. I'll write a better solo once I final decide to replace the 1st string on my guitar .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because.. that was brilliant, champayne


Some of My Recent Songs


champayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Squares
Similar to Rectangles
 
Squares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by champayne
I left you two nice, fresh crits on your songs.




I guess the symphonic metal part is a bit of an overstatement. It is meant as an atmospheric background. But I'll try harder to incorporate that, but I don't currently have a (working) keyboard. Its kinda hard for me cause I write it on my guitar.

About the solo, I know it sucks right now. I should have removed it before posting the song. I think I'll scrap it completely. I'll write a better solo once I final decide to replace the 1st string on my guitar .


Jeez man, everything you play is broken, i feel for ya lol.


And i realiza now that trainwreck was a little harsh. my guitar pro messed up when it got there and caused every note to sustain.

Thus train wreck.

...I gave it a twice over, and it does sound like a decent, albeit slightly cliche'd pre-solo.

I say keep it, and have a Howling string section backing it up.
__________________
AYE! if you LOVE

FOXY SHAZAM!
Squares is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.