Search:

Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #41
emad
Rocker

^Thank you so much

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #42
complex69

I find making the drum beats in gp5 a lot easier, i knew which number everything was. It's taking me a lot longer to make the drums in gp6... Another disappoint is the RSE, I really don't like the tones and the P.M sound absolutely horrible.
complex69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #43
False_God
ios 5 compatible

gonna download this and see what its like. Hate when they make good things too complicated for whats its used for. I'll hold my thoughts untill I use it tho.
False_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #44
Josher.K

Downloading the demo now, I seen this the other day and I thought "why isn't there a thread on UG about this yet??!" but I was burnt out so I went to bed.
I'm excited for the custom-tone features and for the fact that you can open multiple files in a window
Originally Posted by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Josher.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #45
Cyberbob
Floating In Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by complex69
I find making the drum beats in gp5 a lot easier, i knew which number everything was. It's taking me a lot longer to make the drums in gp6... Another disappoint is the RSE, I really don't like the tones and the P.M sound absolutely horrible.

RSE is a million times better than GP5 in my opinion, except now you actually have to pay attention to levels, effects and overall mixing, which is fine with me. Don't use the default settings, they're mostly just to show off effects rather than sound good at all times.
Cyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
Stupified
New England Paintballer

Gp4 -> Gp5 -> Gp6. All the same with minor updates (to the eye, anyways). It's like Dye making new DM's; just improving cosmetics.

R.I.P. BK
We won't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningcowsrule
Cry me a ****ing river. I just ran out of pretzels.
Stupified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #47
Doom15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
it seems great but there are no tabs that will open with it as they are all older versions

so? you can open .gp3 and .gp4 tabs with GP5 so why wouldn't you be able to open it with GP6?
Doom15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #48
Sweet Potatoes

Angry

I downloaded guitar pro 6 but i need a working used ID and all that. If anyone would be so nice as to share, my GP5 used ID doesnt wanto work, and its frustrating!!
Sweet Potatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #49
Fliip West

Hey boys and girls (Dudes and Chicks),

I wanted to learn Rainbow in the Dark, and I didn't find the GP tabs here to be very good, so I transcribed the song in GP6 (See the attached file). This was also for testing the software. Now for you Dio fans GP6 rookies like myself, I loaded an MP3 into Sonar (recording software), and listened to the left and right channels of the tracks to get the multiple guitar parts as close as I could by ear. The drums I did in Sonar. That was much easier the GP6. Then I output the the Sonar file as a midi file and loaded it into GP6 with the tempo changes. I took a long time on the solo, using software to slow down the tempo to try and get it transcribed right... I believe I'm pretty close with it. But as those who know, when you slow down an MP3 in recording software or trainers, it distorts the MP3 so much it's hard to tell what's being played, especially if you laying down notes as fast as Vivian did on this song.

Here are my thoughts GP6 so far:
  • Other instruments such as vocals and keyboards need to be done as a guitar tracks using different instruments for sound if you want to have bends and the like.
  • Pinch and Semi Harmonics kind of suck in this version. The developers for GP6 need to implement sound mixing for how strong they are as an overtone and give us more options on choices of harmonics. Not all harmonics are above an octave.
  • Palm Muting is about the same as harmonics. You need more control over how strong it is and it changes drastically with different guitar rig setups.
  • I like where they are going with the amp and effect choices with the RSE, but its hard to get the sound you want. I'm not completely happy with the sounds of the instruments in this transcription, but it could be worse. I'm sure this will improve in later releases of GP6.
  • Pick Scratching..... Come on developers..... This is used so much, and it has never been implemented an any version of GP?
  • I really like the new layout now that I'm used to it.
  • The mixing and mastering setup they have now is pretty cool.
At this time you can't upload GP6 tabs on this site, so that is why it is posted here. Well I hope you enjoy this tab and comments on it and this post are welcome.

Flip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dio - Rainbow in the Dark.zip (79.9 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by Fliip West : 04-24-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Fliip West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #50
emad
Rocker

^ Thanks for the input. Programmers are workin on submit gpx file.
p.s I'll try to take the Arobas's attention to this thread.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #51
Cheeselord
Bad Taste

Can anyone pm me a DL link if you found one?
Cheeselord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #52
The Axeman
So tired

when they came out with GP5 I thought that it can't get any worse and of course they set out to prove me wrong and released GP6. Huge memory leaks? Bring 'em! Worse GUI? Yes mother****er! Shitload of effects and stuff that don't sound real? Oh shit, I just came.

This is borderline ******ed, the guys who made this have obviously forgotten what they set out to do.

What do you use GP for? I'd say to write down your songs and perhaps play along with some of them? What do we get in gp6? Assload of configuration to the track you add, (already mentioned in this thread) inability to use tab's for anything but guitar/bass track, really confusing and bad "realistic sound engine".

Maybe it was the fact that the demo pissed me off so fast and was so useless to me that I didn't find where I could just swicth on good ole' general MIDI sound generator and not deal with the vast array of those pointless pedals, amps etc. Jeez, I *ALREADY HAVE* a realistic sound engine, his name is Isaac Newton, Nikolai Tesla and Albert Einstein - physics! I can plug in my guitar and hear how this really sounds.
The RSE sounds so off and confusing, rendering it utterly useless. Yeah and the faster the track is, the worse it gets!
Why do I need to take assful of time to setup how my score sounds?

It makes me sad that really soon the only GP tabs I'm gonna get are gtx's and I'd HAVE to use GP6 to open them. Thanks Arobas!

Last edited by The Axeman : 04-24-2010 at 06:59 PM.
The Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #53
Drake22

would it be against the forum rules to post here link to download the full retail version without the crack though (yet)?
Drake22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:43 PM   #54
signedinbloodnz

just bought it.. oh well it was just impulse.
shall see how it turns out.

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
signedinbloodnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #55
DesolationJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake22
would it be against the forum rules to post here link to download the full retail version without the crack though (yet)?

Yeah, it sure would be
DesolationJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #56
drawnacrol
7slinger

Checked out the demo and it looks really good, the sounds off the guitar in "metal solo" is incredible, with some mixing you could fool someone into thinking its an actual guitar, I'll wait
until they release an update before buying it, we've all had trouble with unstable version of Guitar pro.

Question to anyone that has it, when I try to copy the only options are to copy a note or multitrack copy every instrument, is their no way top copy a whole bar from one instrument and paste into another??
drawnacrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #57
hellbound_jonny
An Uncertain Romance

In GP5 you could tune each string individually, but on GP6 you have to hear them one after the other. I can't seem to find a way to solve this, but the help site says you can.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or are other people having this problem?

De Montfort Uni
hellbound_jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #58
daylightdies370

I bought it. you can open gp5 tabs in it. but the drums gotta be tabbed by notation only,so that's kinda messed....
daylightdies370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #59
ctfod
Your move, creep

I bought it the other day. Well worth the money, although there are a couple of things I've not worked out yet, like changing the tuning of the guitar without transposing the tab to remain in the same pitch, and it doesn't have the option of tabs for the drums like previous versions did.

Also, the RSE controls and the fact that there's no RSE loading time is a great feature.

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand

Last edited by CTFOD : 05-01-2010 at 11:05 AM.
ctfod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #60
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

i cant find how to hide the notation bar?

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: