Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #61
Iphone Eyes
Banned

it is really amazing. Can I upload .gpx file tabs.
Iphone Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #62
BadBishop
Bass>Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHtCurryPaste
Not Adobe, but

http://jamorigin.com

THIS ^

* AutoTabber

* GuitarHero with GP tabs

* Amp support

* 3D stuff and finger animations

* Music Videos

That looks VERY promising. I need to see more about their autotabber feature, though.
BadBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 AM   #63
emad
Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphone Eyes
it is really amazing. Can I upload .gpx file tabs.

Not now, but we'll make an announcement when we make our system compatible with gpx files.

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #64
drawnacrol
7slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol
Question to anyone that has it, when I try to copy the only options are to copy a note or multitrack copy every instrument, is their no way top copy a whole bar from one instrument and paste into another??

Can anyone confirm this???
drawnacrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #65
SuPaGrAm
UG's Superhero

^
It's the same as GP5, you can either ctrl+c the highlighted bar(s) for the current instrument and paste it anywhere or you can ctrl+shift+c for all instruments on the highlighted bar(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound_jonny
In GP5 you could tune each string individually, but on GP6 you have to hear them one after the other. I can't seem to find a way to solve this, but the help site says you can.

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or are other people having this problem?

The guitar toolbar on the left (see screenshot), you can tune each string individually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
SuPaGrAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #66
Besen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
i cant find how to hide the notation bar?

It's under Track:properties. Intuitive, huh?
Besen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #67
Romain GPTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom15
so? you can open .gp3 and .gp4 tabs with GP5 so why wouldn't you be able to open it with GP6?

Hi there!
We've had trouble getting the imports from older formats to work. It's now been fixed, and the next update will let you do just that.
Romain GPTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #68
Romain GPTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergege
One real downside is that, for now, the old files (gp3, gp4, gp5) are not really well handled. Every tab has to be edited, at least for RSE config & adjusting sound levels.
Worse, often the tabs are altered (some symbols disappeared, on some tab I lost harmonics...).
But they are working on fixing that so I guess it will be soon a really great tool !

You can follow the news about it on their facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aroba...47039336?ref=nf

Hi!
Imports from older versions has been fixed. It will show in the next update, coming up very soon!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #69
Romain GPTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupified
Gp4 -> Gp5 -> Gp6. All the same with minor updates (to the eye, anyways). It's like Dye making new DM's; just improving cosmetics.

GP6 is actually a complete rewrite, whereas previous versions were developments of the same core. Hence the new GPX format, which is designed to remain viable in the future.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #70
Romain GPTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Axeman
What do you use GP for? I'd say to write down your songs and perhaps play along with some of them? What do we get in gp6? Assload of configuration to the track you add, (already mentioned in this thread) inability to use tab's for anything but guitar/bass track, really confusing and bad "realistic sound engine".

You're actually right. Guitar Pro is and remains first and foremost an editor, and we've put in a lot of work to make it as complete as possible. The RSE and all the nifty gadgets that so many of our customers do expect are all nice, but you may notice that everything that has to do with writing music has been perfected to correspond both to songbook standards and to musical theory.
Let me know what you think. Your feedback is appreciated.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #71
emad
Rocker

^ Finally

Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 AM   #72
whitenihilist
Fluttershy Aran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHtCurryPaste
Not Adobe, but

http://jamorigin.com

THIS ^

* AutoTabber

* GuitarHero with GP tabs

* Amp support

* 3D stuff and finger animations

* Music Videos

*Signs up as beta tester*

That looks EPIC!!

whitenihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #73
emad
Rocker

The programmers made the system compatible for guitar pro 6 tabs.

Now you're able to submit gpx files

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #74
SawMurder

Can't wait to try it out
SawMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #75
deathx88

for the love of god, what the hell were they thinking, this program SUCKS.

all the instruments besides stringed instruments are in standard notation.
you've got to be kidding me.

horns, piano, drums, everthing.
how the hell am i supposed to tab things out in this thing, i mainly tab video game music, and it's near impossible for me to do this without then being in tab format.

this is guitar pro, everything should be in tab format.

please tell me there's a way around this, i can double click on the name and it gives an option to switch, but other than guitars it's all blanked out.

i will admit though, it sounds much better, but i still prefer midi sounds.

Last edited by deathx88 : 05-08-2010 at 04:00 AM.
deathx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:10 AM   #76
Vendetta V
The Creep

Quote:
for the love of god, what the hell were they thinking, this program SUCKS.

horns, piano, drums, everthing.
how the hell am i supposed to tab things out in this thing, i mainly tab video game music, and it's near impossible for me to do this without then being in tab format.

this is guitar pro, everything should be in tab format.

please tell me there's a way around this, i can double click on the name and it gives an option to switch, but other than guitars it's all blanked out.

i will admit though, it sounds much better, but i still prefer midi sounds.
chill down man your not the only one with such a problem! yeah it gives you only the standard Key and Bass key nothing else! it doesn't necessarily have to be in TAB format but also in notation only. however if your writing music for games and using horns, strings and other orchestral instruments than what the heck?? Guitar Pro isnt for you. it clearly says GUITAR pro.. not Orchestral Pro or what not. go get the Finale or Sibelius and you'll be happy as i am! you can do anything that's ever existed in musical theory and notation grammar.. you can do even those that never existed... :p

as for the GP 6.. when writing other instruments as a sheet music can you write more than 6 notes at once? (old GPs had this problem as the guitar strings were 6.. max 7 youcould only write 6-7 notes max at once)

I'm The Creep!

I'm a mixing engineer, hit me up

Please support my music and purchase my NEW ALBUM
My WEBSITE

My YOUTUBE REVIEWS

And Call Me V
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #77
killergege

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathx88

I agree that it was great to be able to display other instruments than guitar in tab notation (because sometimes I like to play with my guitar some music written for other instruments).
But it is possible to do that with some manipulation : just copy the note to a new track set as "guitar track" and then in the Sound bank change it to another instruments

Although I agree that GP has some issues, but sorry, on the basic idea, what happened here is correct... Any instrument player beside a guitar/bass/banjo... player use standard notation.
If you write "orchestral" music, why don't you write in standard notation ? This notation is really logical, well documented... And as easy to write as Tab if you're musician.

And if you're not satisfied with that, write it in a guitar track and copy paste to another instrument track when finished.
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #78
deathx88

you guys missed the point, IT'S GUITAR PRO, so everything should be in tabs. if it's just meant for guitar then why are there other instruments on there. which means if it's meant for guitar only and guitar tracks are written in tabs, then why wouldn't all of it be written like that?

i play guitar, write out the music on guitar, the great thing about guitar pro 5 is that i can write out the tabs and then just use a midi patch to another instrument.
and you're wrong it's great for orchestral pieces. the beauty of it is someone like me who can't read music can write out orchestral pieces in a form that's fast and easy to understand.
i write everything, even metal tracks use piano's, jazz songs use horns. i don't use guitar pro for just guitar only, i write high quality songs on there. i've released almost 300 songs on guitar pro, this program is perfect for me. as for video game tabs i've done, when people on this site want to learn them how are they going to play them? most people can't read music, yeah i could just write it all on guitar but it would sound like crap trying to substitute other instruments as guitars.

copying the tracks seems like a good idea, but if you ask me guitar pro is really screwed. i consider this a HUGE flaw
yes, i am really frustrated at this, everything that was great about guitar pro has been raped in the ass.
i'll just stick with guitar pro 5 for now, hopefully the people that made this will realized their mistake and there will be a new version with all this fixed.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #79
tborsje

pfft that is a pretty silly complaint - you can tab everything bar the drums in tab format, and instead of changing instruments you just copy and paste it into another track. It really isn't that different from GP5.
tborsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #80
deathx88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tborsje
pfft that is a pretty silly complaint - you can tab everything bar the drums in tab format, and instead of changing instruments you just copy and paste it into another track. It really isn't that different from GP5.

no, i don't think it's a silly complaint at all. you don't don't tab as much as i do, even if i do copy and paste you don't realize how trivial that could get.

it's not even the writing aspect, it's the learning aspect too. what if i want to learn a piano part on guitar, i'd have to copy and paste the track to a guitar track. it's just completely pointless and inefficient to have to do this.
is it so hard to ask for the option to switch between standard/tab like you can with the guitars?

maybe i'm not explaining myself the way i want too, i'm too tired and am not thinking too coherently at this moment.

Rate This Thread: