Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #81
tborsje

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathx88
no, i don't think it's a silly complaint at all. you don't don't tab as much as i do, even if i do copy and paste you don't realize how trivial that could get.

it's not even the writing aspect, it's the learning aspect too. what if i want to learn a piano part on guitar, i'd have to copy and paste the track to a guitar track. it's just completely pointless and inefficient to have to do this.
is it so hard to ask for the option to switch between standard/tab like you can with the guitars?

maybe i'm not explaining myself the way i want too, i'm too tired and am not thinking too coherently at this moment.

Well I agree, it's annoying. When I look at the keys on a tab, I want them to be in guitar tab format instead of standard notation. But it's just that - slightly annoying. And 20-30 seconds later I've copied and pasted them so I can see them anyway.

It really isn't a reason to flat out completely avoid the software. The benefits of the extremely versatile RSE as well as the larger set of note effects easily pushes this over GP5. The quality of this software rivals audio software which retails for multiples of the price of GP6.

That said, something which annoys me more is that the palm mutes aren't... um... 'palm mute-y' enough. There should be two different levels of muting.
tborsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #82
killergege

Quote:
Originally Posted by tborsje
That said, something which annoys me more is that the palm mutes aren't... um... 'palm mute-y' enough. There should be two different levels of muting.

I reported that issue, they said they'll work on that to get palm mutes more realistic
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #83
deathx88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tborsje
Well I agree, it's annoying. When I look at the keys on a tab, I want them to be in guitar tab format instead of standard notation. But it's just that - slightly annoying. And 20-30 seconds later I've copied and pasted them so I can see them anyway.

It really isn't a reason to flat out completely avoid the software. The benefits of the extremely versatile RSE as well as the larger set of note effects easily pushes this over GP5. The quality of this software rivals audio software which retails for multiples of the price of GP6.

i don't really consider it an annoyance, but you do see what i'm talking about.

i'm probably not gonna completely avoid this program, i can have both of them installed at the same time. i do like the features, but the RSE isn't why i use guitar pro in the first place.

Quote:
I reported that issue, they said they'll work on that to get palm mutes more realistic

perhaps i can report my problem to them too. like i was saying it shouldn't be too hard to be able to select between the two. the option is already implemented for stringed instruments, so hopefully a simple update patch can change this.
deathx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #84
killergege

Quote:
i do like the features, but the RSE isn't why i use guitar pro in the first place.

I agree, I'm not a big fan of the new RSE sound (too much tweak necessary as the default sounds are not as good as GP5 ones for distortion).
But it's not really my primary use of the software.

Quote:
perhaps i can report my problem to them too. like i was saying it shouldn't be too hard to be able to select between the two. the option is already implemented for stringed instruments, so hopefully a simple update patch can change this.

You should report the problem.
They are really nice and answer to each suggestion they receive through their contact form (at least in my case, and I sent A LOT of remarks and requests ^^).
For now I read that they doesn' intend to change that but if there is a lot of feedback about it, maybe they'll reconsider.
(And working in programming, I'd say that user should never say "it shouldn't be too hard" because often it's not as easy as it seems and it is really annoying for the developers to read that ^^).
Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #85
Rykoshet
Skydog

Hey, I just got GP6 and was wondering about the virtual fretboard. In older GPs you could have both the keyboard and fretboard, here it seems that the instrument you create at first sets the type of board you can have, even if you change from guitar to piano you can only have a fretboard...

Is there something I'm missing? Say I want to have both, or just to switch from one to the other.

Thanks.
Rykoshet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #86
David_VI
Explorers make me wet

I miss the ability to tab out drums using the numbers. I could do that so quickly and even my drummer friend got used to it.. somehow its quicker than notating.. i'd at least like the option. I don't think they should remove features like that.. especially considering you could turn off the tab if you wanted to in GP5.

Why remove a feature a lot of people obviously found useful?
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
David_VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #87
patrickodang

Is GP 6 worth the $60? cause honestly i hate spending money on programs. it costs them like 2 dollars to copy onto a CD and they charge us $60 for it.

anybody know of a way to get it free?
patrickodang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #88
warlockking

doesn't really seem worth it. i have GP5 and other than the memory overload bullshit when u have quite a few tracks it works fine. if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
warlockking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #89
David_VI
Explorers make me wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockking
doesn't really seem worth it. i have GP5 and other than the memory overload bullshit when u have quite a few tracks it works fine. if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

There is an upgrade price I thought?
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
David_VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 AM   #90
killergege

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockking
if there was a way to upgrade for a discount maybe it would be worth it.

There was a way... Upgrading was costing half price. But I think the promotion is over now.

Some people upgrade because of the new RSE abilities (that's not my case, I prefer the previous). Some because of the new music notations available (my case, I was missing several symbols).
But I didn't upgraded : I was waiting or GP6 to go out before buying (just discovered GP few month ago). And I think it's worth it.

And just to tell : I working in programming and I can garanty you that the 60$ are not for copying the software on CD (by the way, for 60$ you download it. You must pay a little more to get it on CD... ).
It's for the countless hours of work that represent programming this kind of software.

And to my knowledge there are no "official" or legal way to get it for free...

Last edited by killergege : 05-15-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #91
loonyguitarist
howdybums

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickodang
Is GP 6 worth the $60? cause honestly i hate spending money on programs. it costs them like 2 dollars to copy onto a CD and they charge us $60 for it.

Do you have any idea how much work goes into writing programs like that?
loonyguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #92
TSelman
The Finger Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickodang

It's worth it.

It takes a whole bunch of time to code all that stuff and make the sounds, etc.

Why do you think Photoshop is so expensive?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #93
emad
Rocker

No talking about getting this program for free, or you'll get banned

emad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #94
zakarai
The Mathchitect

Excellent program!

Downloaded the trial and hacked it so i could get all the presets and shit e.t.c

Sounds really good! much better than 5
zakarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #95
hoolabandoola
The god of Progg

Damn, finally got GP5 and now they release a GP6? God hates me.
hoolabandoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #96
TSelman
The Finger Dictator

Uh, just bought it, and the standard tuning is not standard. It sounds a half step up...wtf? Anyone have this problem?

Last edited by TSelman : 05-24-2010 at 12:13 AM.
TSelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #97
TSelman
The Finger Dictator

Is no one having that problem?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #98
beplay

Angry

imho GP6 sucks, ony new RSE is good, the rest is crappy. The interface isnt as comfortable as in GP5!

Last edited by beplay : 05-26-2010 at 01:58 PM.
beplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #99
Chaotic976

You guys realize you can goto View -> Instrument Panel to write for Drums and a non-guitar instrument, right? The drum panel pretty much lays out all the beats you can have and any other instrument will let you write with a full piano.
Chaotic976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #100
The Axeman
So tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic976
You guys realize you can goto View -> Instrument Panel to write for Drums and a non-guitar instrument, right? The drum panel pretty much lays out all the beats you can have and any other instrument will let you write with a full piano.

yeah, real comfortable
The Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: