User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 AM   #21
KlassikMetal666
is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelott
check out the R stuff like Punisher and crazy stuff... comics go far. The book I wanna publish is about a crazy insomniac/psychsophraniac that kills people in his sleep.
I would totally read that.

My favourite comic books are The Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man, Crossed and Hack/Slash well those are the only comics I read. But yeah I like more down to earth stuff like that more than men in tights flying around haha.

If you haven't already, seriously everyone should pick up Crossed it's like humans are like infected with a disease that makes them have like every evil of mankind so they like, torture, rape, cannibalize **** up it's really awesome.
KlassikMetal666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 AM   #22
goest
SJW

Quote:
Yeah... it'll probably be worth a lot in about...50 years lol I love spawn. Greg Capullo did really good till he got replaced... then the sales dropped... dumb ass Mcfarlane.

That was actually one of my art projects for our journals. Find a picture in your house and draw it. So...I drew the cover of Spawn #1...turned out pretty cool, I guess...

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #23
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

John Constantine: Hellblazer is my favourite series.

Leonardo Manco is probably my favourite artist.

Who else love 100 Bullets?

I'll cut my hair a little differently....

....put on some glasses....

....Find somewhere to hide....

Tell the United Nations they've got the wrong number.

Live a quiet life.
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:36 AM   #24
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlassikMetal666
I would totally read that.

My favourite comic books are The Walking Dead, Y: The Last Man, Crossed and Hack/Slash well those are the only comics I read. But yeah I like more down to earth stuff like that more than men in tights flying around haha.

If you haven't already, seriously everyone should pick up Crossed it's like humans are like infected with a disease that makes them have like every evil of mankind so they like, torture, rape, cannibalize **** up it's really awesome.

that sounds awesome!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #25
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

this was my hit n' miss

this was the finished piece

Last edited by ocelott : 12-18-2008 at 04:07 PM.
ocelott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #26
KlassikMetal666
is awesome.

I wish I had your talent I really love art.

I suck so much at drawing though, I'll never be a comic book writer/artist or a tattoo artist
Old 12-18-2008, 05:17 AM   #27
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
I wish I had your talent I really love art.I suck so much at drawing though, I'll never be a comic book writer/artist or a tattoo artist
all it is is practice dude. seriously. the mentality... to everything I've learned in life... in war, in guitar, in art... never, never give up... and you will be great. trust me. I just started playing giutar 2 years ago...I'm as good as a lot of people who've been playing for 10 years... why? dedication. art is art. dedication. spend a whole day sketching... playing a favorite song... writing... anything, but do it the whole day... and the next, will be much easier.

Last edited by ocelott : 12-18-2008 at 05:19 AM.
ocelott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #28
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

this is my fav piece by JOE MAD! Awesome artwork.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:00 AM   #29
xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo

anyone here like Chris Ware? He's so fecking good. Hopefully getting a couple of volumes of the Acme Noevlty Library for Christmas.

Some of my favourite comic books, strips and graphic novels:

Maus
Krazy and Ignatz
Black Hole
McSweeney's Quarterly Concern
American Splendour
Palestine
Persepolis
Both
anything by Daniel Clowes
"" by Robert Crumb
"" by Jeffrey Brown
Watchmen, V for Vendetta, From Hell etc.

and I like the usual stuff like Batman: The Dark Knight Returns/Year One and Spiderman: Death of Gwen Stacy as well.
xX*Zeppelin*Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #30
rasveer
The Mechanix

Quote:
****ing rights, have you read Crossed? it's ****ing ****ed up!

just read 45 and 46
****ing awesome
Old 12-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #31
SkyD

Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, Hellblazer, Transformers, 52, Batman, Judge Dredd, Death Note... Quite a few really, just anything that looks interesting.

You're quite a talented artist Ocelott. I wish I could draw as well as you do, I mainly write but I do my own photo comics and some MSPaint created stick figure type things as well.

John Clark: "It's the drugs I tell you. High school students are crazed because of all the drugs they do. We need drug testing for all students."
SkyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #32
darthteet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
darthteet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #33
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyD
Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, Hellblazer, Transformers, 52, Batman, Judge Dredd, Death Note... Quite a few really, just anything that looks interesting.

You're quite a talented artist Ocelott. I wish I could draw as well as you do, I mainly write but I do my own photo comics and some MSPaint created stick figure type things as well.

you should post them up here and thanks for the compliment
Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #34
xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthteet

Preacher is awesome.
xX*Zeppelin*Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:11 AM   #35
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

daily post. this one's old. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WOLVERINE ORIGINS MOVIE TO COME OUT!!!

Old 12-20-2008, 03:15 AM   #36
KlassikMetal666
is awesome.

I just finished Y: The Last Man today.. And I'm going to be honest that I cried a lot, very emotional and very good. I can't wait for the movie to come out there's actually going to be three movies (if the first one does good enough) which makes me very happy
Old 12-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #37
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
I just finished Y: The Last Man today.. And I'm going to be honest that I cried a lot, very emotional and very good. I can't wait for the movie to come out there's actually going to be three movies (if the first one does good enough) which makes me very happy

i've been wanting to read that. what's it about? i also heard Shai La Bouf's playing the lead character?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #38
KlassikMetal666
is awesome.

Quote:
i've been wanting to read that. what's it about? i also heard Shai La Bouf's playing the lead character?
It's about some kind of plague that wipes out everything with the Y chromosome, except for a man named Yorick and his monkey Ampersand and pretty much they're trying to save mankind from becoming extinct. It's very very good from start to finish, so good that I'll probably be reading it a few more times.

And yeah he'll probably play Yorick since it's the same director of Disturbia and Eagle Eye.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
ocelott
Yeah Yeah

Quote:
It's about some kind of plague that wipes out everything with the Y chromosome, except for a man named Yorick and his monkey Ampersand and pretty much they're trying to save mankind from becoming extinct. It's very very good from start to finish, so good that I'll probably be reading it a few more times.And yeah he'll probably play Yorick since it's the same director of Disturbia and Eagle Eye.
nice. i'm gonna look for it
Old 12-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #40
JAZZ_MAN919
UG's dude

I used to read comics all the time, i still do, just not nearly as much. Spawn has to be a fav for me, i find Todd Mcfarlane's style to be really interesting.
JAZZ_MAN919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: