Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
RonaldPoe

Is Junk Magic any good (theory or guitar wise)

I have a question about TwiliteMinataur's band (Junk Magic). The guy's a serious ego-maniac who calls himself a "Guitar God" and brags about how awesome he is. His band plays "cyber-jazz". How good is his guitar playing? Is his music/band good from a theoretical perspective? Also what kind of harmonies is he using anyway (all around).

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
RonaldPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
Eastwinn
minoan bull leaper

it's just shred
Old 11-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

You are the one that decides if the music is good. There's no good music from a theoretical perspective. Theory just explains what is happening in a song. A song could be theoretically interesting (read: complex) but it could sound like complete crap.

Is he a good guitarist? Well, at least he gets unique sounds out of the guitar. I would say that's being innovative and that's what people should do.

If he calls himself a "guitar god", he's just being an asshole and an attention *****. But that has nothing to do with his music - he can really only destroy somebody's listening experience by that. Just listen to the music and decide if you like it or not.

I didn't really like his more shreddy parts but the music has a cool futuristic "sci-fi" sound to it.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldPoe
I have a question about TwiliteMinataur's band (Junk Magic). The guy's a serious ego-maniac who calls himself a "Guitar God" and brags about how awesome he is. His band plays "cyber-jazz".

Stay the hell away. "Cyber-jazz"?

Quote:
How good is his guitar playing? Is his music/band good from a theoretical perspective? Also what kind of harmonies is he using anyway (all around).

Does any of this matter? He sounds more like he's interested in making money than actually teaching you a damn thing.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
RonaldPoe

I personally think his band is decent Synth Pop but the term "Cyber Jazz" is a joke . I was curious about him because he's the biggest ego-maniac I've encountered and want to know if he's any good (not like he thinks he is). I found out about him through his boasts about a "hardest" Guitar Hero Custom (the second song is someone else playing it on Frets On Fire). I came here because this is the "Music Theory" forums. Also I don't think the guy's making any money.

I'd like to know a bit about your opinions and the theoretical and harmonic traits of his 2 songs.

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
RonaldPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:18 AM   #6
steven seagull
not really a seagull

Quote:
I found out about him through his boasts about a "hardest" Guitar Hero Custom...

Why would any serious musician give even the slightest of shits about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: