User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #81
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratcher17
I've seen the picture of the final product and it looks great. Dan Goldsworthy has once again done a great job with the artwork.
As for the tab, thank you very much for the information, but I started to learn songs by ear not long ago. I'm slowly getting into it and I would like to learn the song that way.
However, thanks for telling me that, at least I'll have a back-up plan if I give up learning the song by ear .
Cheers!

No problem dude, I've just submitted Born Anew with the full solo. I've got the album pre-ordered so the day it arrives, I'm gonna start on it I've already done the intro for Out From Below as they have samples on Youtube and Amazon.

They both have different parts of the song so I'd check both out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gd6Er3J8toave samples of the songs on Amazon and Youtube

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monolith/dp...&sr=1-2-catcorr
slipknot836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #82
Scratcher17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot836
They both have different parts of the song so I'd check both out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gd6Er3J8toave samples of the songs on Amazon and Youtube

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monolith/dp...&sr=1-2-catcorr

I already did . Can't wait for my copy of the album to arrive, along with a Boatman T-shirt.

I was going to see them live on The Epic Industrialist tour with Devin Townsend Project and Fear Factory and was sad that they cancelled it. However, I was happy to find out that they did it so they could tour US as support for Lamb of God. I hope that they get the exposure they truly deserve on that tour.
Scratcher17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #83
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
I already did . Can't wait for my copy of the album to arrive, along with a Boatman T-shirt.

I was going to see them live on The Epic Industrialist tour with Devin Townsend Project and Fear Factory and was sad that they cancelled it. However, I was happy to find out that they did it so they could tour US as support for Lamb of God. I hope that they get the exposure they truly deserve on that tour.

I know! I think after the release of Monolith they'll get the big fan boost they deserve. I watched an interview the other week where he says that money they get on tour pays for bills and rent and then the merch covers the roadies, sound techs and other things, which means they aren't earning that much cash. Kinda sad but it'll pick up for them. Their fan base is rocketing!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #84
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
I know! I think after the release of Monolith they'll get the big fan boost they deserve. I watched an interview the other week where he says that money they get on tour pays for bills and rent and then the merch covers the roadies, sound techs and other things, which means they aren't earning that much cash. Kinda sad but it'll pick up for them. Their fan base is rocketing!

That's true for almost every band though. Even bigger acts like periphery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #85
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
That's true for almost every band though. Even bigger acts like periphery.

Yeah, it's kinda sad but I really do respect their enthusiasm to go on and continue. An interview I read said that they almost split up but then they got rid of Jamie because of differences. I'll find the article if you want? I know a lot of people think he left but they're still on speaking terms as I've heard Josh say in another interview
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #86
Scratcher17

It's great to see this thread is once again focused on disscusions about Sylosis instead of me defending their good name from the people who don't like them
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #87
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
It's great to see this thread is once again focused on disscusions about Sylosis instead of me defending their good name from the people who don't like them

I will be here as often as I can to spread my love for Sylosis like a bad infection. I shall be known only as... Sylocyst!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #88
Scratcher17

Quote:
I will be here as often as I can to spread my love for Sylosis like a bad infection. I shall be known only as... Sylocyst!

I was trying to spread "SYLOSIS FOR WORLD DICTATOR!" on Sylosis videos on Youtube to become like the "UP THE IRONS!" and "IN FLAMES WE TRUST" often found in the comment sections of Iron Maiden and In Flames videos, respectively. I read that on either some Sands of Time or A Serpent's Tongue video and I think it was really catchy.

Last edited by Scratcher17 : 09-24-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #89
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
I was trying to spread "SYLOSIS FOR WORLD DICTATOR!" on Sylosis videos on Youtube to become like the "UP THE IRONS!" and "IN FLAMES WE TRUST" often found in the comment sections of Iron Maiden and In Flames videos, respectively. I read that on either some Sands of Time or A Serpent's Tongue video and I think it was really catchy.

Haha, I think I've seen that on a few videos. We might need to think of something a little more catchy. Josh Middleton said on Twitter one time that as Slipknot fans are Maggots, Sylosis fans are now known as Slugs :')
Old 09-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #90
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
It's strange the lead guitarist uses a strat

Anybody have any idea what kind of strat/what kind of pickups etc?
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #91
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:

Really don't think it's gonna catch on man, it sounds really clunky if nothing else.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how a World Dictator links to the band, in the same way the "Up the Irons" and "In Flames We Trust" link to their bands.

Also the idea of a group of people being a "world dictator" is just bad grammar. If anything it would be "world dictators" and if there's more than one of them then they're not really world dictators...

Forcing these kinda things doesn't tend to work too well.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #92
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
Anybody have any idea what kind of strat/what kind of pickups etc?

Unfortunately EndTheRapture51 is wrong. Josh played a ESP fender lookalike with an EMG-81 bridge pick up and two single coil pick ups. I've looked for the model name of this guitar but I can't find it. All I can get is that it's an ESP and looks like a Kramer Striker 211
Old 09-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #93
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
Really don't think it's gonna catch on man, it sounds really clunky if nothing else.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how a World Dictator links to the band, in the same way the "Up the Irons" and "In Flames We Trust" link to their bands.

Also the idea of a group of people being a "world dictator" is just bad grammar. If anything it would be "world dictators" and if there's more than one of them then they're not really world dictators...

It's usually the bands that decide that kind of stuff and spread the word such as Slipknot calling their fans Maggots xD Somehow I don't see Josh Middleton's 'slugs' catching on either :') I honestly wouldn't like being referred to as a slug
Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #94
Scratcher17

Quote:

I liked it because it seemed funny and I didn't really expected it to catch up. (just "for teh lulz", so to speak).It would be ridiculous if it did
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #95
Scratcher17

Quote:
Unfortunately EndTheRapture51 is wrong. Josh played a ESP fender lookalike with an EMG-81 bridge pick up and two single coil pick ups. I've looked for the model name of this guitar but I can't find it. All I can get is that it's an ESP and looks like a Kramer Striker 211

I believe it's LTD Michael Wilton signature with custom black finish and Seymour Duncans.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #96
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
I believe it's LTD Michael Wilton signature with custom black finish and Seymour Duncans.

Yea found it earlier, was going to post it when I got home but you beat me to it. The actual LTD MW doesn't look all that appealing. I was hoping that he was using an actual strat, because I want to get a strat but it's hard to get metal on most strats and Sylosis have a pretty killer tone.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #97
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
I liked it because it seemed funny and I didn't really expected it to catch up. (just "for teh lulz", so to speak).It would be ridiculous if it did

Fair nuff, it can be hard to gage seriousness of a comment on the internet sometimes

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #98
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
Yea found it earlier, was going to post it when I got home but you beat me to it. The actual LTD MW doesn't look all that appealing. I was hoping that he was using an actual strat, because I want to get a strat but it's hard to get metal on most strats and Sylosis have a pretty killer tone.

It doesn't really matter what guitar you have if you're busting out that much distortion Sylosis tone is mostly down to the pick ups and amp

They use Marshall amps (forgot which model) and EMG - 81 bridge pick ups and EMG - 85 neck pick ups.

Their tone is close to this when using the bridge pick ups:

Gain - 8
Bass - 6.5
Middle - 4.5
Treble - 7
Reverb - 2

And as for some of solos including Where The Sky Ends and Kingdom Of Solitude he has a delay pedal on about 4
Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #99
Scratcher17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7fIJuQRYg&feature=plcp This is Empyreal guitar cover played by the current owner of Josh's LTD. Must be awesome to play the song on a guitar which was most likely used to record that very song (and pretty much the rest of the album)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #100
slipknot836
Trivium's UG tab wench

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7fIJuQRYg&feature=plcp This is Empyreal guitar cover played by the current owner of Josh's LTD. Must be awesome to play the song on a guitar which was most likely used to record that very song (and pretty much the rest of the album)

Current owner? Did he sell it to him? :O I must rob him!

Rate This Thread: