Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
stephan.jimenez

Schecter Tempest pickup upgrade

I've had my Schecter tempest custom for a while with the Duncan Designed Stock pickups, and I was wondering what are some good options. I know little about pickups, so help would be useful.

I don't really care for metal, so if any pickups are geared or work well under those sounds, I'm not really interested. I'd also like it to function well with the coil-tap feature.

Bands/artist whose guitar sounds I'm I really enjoy are La Vida Boheme, Jack White(most of his work minus the dead weather), Radiohead(especially the bends), Queen, RHCP, Them Crooked Vultures, etc. If I had to choose genres to focus, mostly just garage rock and alternative, but I'll take take any versatile pickup suggestions as well.
stephan.jimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

what's your budget and location (country)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
stephan.jimenez

As far as budget goes, nothing too extreme. An absolute limit would be maybe $150. Try to keep it $100 or under, though.

Last edited by stephan.jimenez : 07-12-2014 at 07:22 PM.
stephan.jimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

No worries, thanks

If you can get up to $150 most of the standard duncan and dimarzio models are a possibility.

you can save a little by getting one of the duncan sets- the hot rodded humbucker set (JB and Jazz), distortion mayhem (distortions) and vintage blues (two '59s) are all $130 on MF. I don't much play what you do (I asked that question as I figured people couldn't help without knowing), but I'm guessing you could probably discard the distortion mayhem set.

There are cheaper option too from the likes of entwistle, tonerider, irongear, GFS etc. but I don't have any experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: