Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  

Old 05-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
Marty's loyal follower
bustapr's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
guitar amp bias supply

Hello, I am building an amp that uses 2 6L6GC tubes for 50w and need to know whats the ballpark range for the bias supply. the plate voltage is 424V the bias supply I have designed supplies -35.6V to -55.4V.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
bustapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
Paleo Pete
Registered User
Paleo Pete's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Have a look at the Fender Amp Field guide, they have links to schematics and board layouts for most of the Fender tube amps, any of the amps in the 50 watt range are usually two 6L6 power tubes. My Super Reverb is 45 watts, AA 270 schematic, they have the files for it. It says 435-437 volts at pins 4 and 3 of the power tubes.


The Ampwares electronics forums has a great bunch of guys who build and work on tube amps daily, they can tell you just about anything you want to know, most of them are electronics technicians, while I can barely spell it...

Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Paleo Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 PM   #3
UG's roaming amp builder
Join Date: Oct 2006
It also depends on the impedance of your output transformer and how hot/cold you want to bias it, but -35 to -55 is in the ballpark. I'd make it adjustable, that way you should be fine regardless.
Originally Posted by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
DLrocket89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2015
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.