Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
Brad325
Brad C

Question I found an RR1 for $300.00

My RR1:
Built: 1984, the second year of Jackson RR1 production.
Built in San Dimas, California
Serial number RR 0885, very early build
22 Frets
Poplar Wings
Maple neck through Body
Black Lacquer
Randy Rhodes "Concorde" style body, Student Model
Jackson Made string thru bridge
Passive dual Humbuckers
2 Vol, 1 Tone (push pull splits bridge coils), 3 way toggle
Seymour Duncan JN-J neck, Seymour Duncan DD-J Bridge pickups
The "-J" signifies that the pups were wound by Maricela Juarez, SD's head of pickup production
Jackson "no logo" tuners, black
Original case still with it
I am the second owner
Originally purchased from Guitar Center San Jose, California
The guitar worked with some electrical issues when I got it home but it still played well for just being pulled out of storage since God knows when. I still didn't know the serial number or date of manufacture at this point. I then did a thorough cleaning and pulled it apart to do so. That's when I discovered the little serial number and started to research its history.
The guitar was rough and had a few places that the lacquer was starting to crack. Overall the wood was in great shape with no gouges or dings. A few paint chips was the deepest damage. After I saw how special this guitar was in relation to its history, I proceeded to enter a heart attack. Upon my completion of the heart attack, I started to plan the recondition and rebuild.
The guitar is thick and heavy for a V, but has awesome balance and feels solid throughout. All brushed aluminum cover and string guide are anodized Black. The rosewood (not ebony) neck has dots, not fins. This was the "student model" difference from the custom RR1's. The Jackson insignia on the head stock has "made in USA" under the son in Jackson. I had never seen this configuration before.
I guess I ran into the ultimate find in used guitars. I had no idea what I was walking into at the time of purchase. I was looking for an older run down guitar to fix, finish, and sell. I have been doing this for about two years now as a hobby and I love doing it. This was totally unexpected to have this guitar come into my life under such inconspicuous circumstances. My moves with it now are patient and calculated, as I want to see her in all her glory as it was in 1984.
If anyone knows where I can purchase a gold anodized control plate and string guide, i would be stoked... Thanks

Last edited by Brad325 : 06-30-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Brad325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
T00DEEPBLUE
UG Nerd

Pics or it's a JS.

If this is actually legit, I bet the reason it sold for $300 was because the seller was the owner's ex boyfriend.

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 06-13-2015 at 12:46 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
Brad325
Brad C

Well, I believe the new "girlfriend" wanted the toys out of the house... LMAO...
Brad325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
T00DEEPBLUE
UG Nerd

You bumped this thread and not even include pics?

Disgraceful.

T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
Phoenix V
Registered MUser

Yep. Pics or it never happened!

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Phoenix V is offline   Reply With Quote