Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2005, 02:01 AM   #61
Preid

Green

I started off with a old batterd yamaha pacifica and the result is what you see below.

Click for larger pic!

Body
40mm Clear Purple Acrylic (sp?)

Neck
Yamaha Pacifica J112 neck

Tuners
Pacifica J112's

Pickups
Bridge: Random Lace Sensor
Neck: Texas Special

I'll post pics when i get my UV leds installed. This is it so far...

Last edited by Preid : 05-10-2006 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Deleted my pic by mistake, replacing it!
Preid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #62
mnbaseball91
The Dude

Here it is! You know the story...and if you don't, feel free to PM me and ask.

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
mnbaseball91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #63
Liberal-Jesus
Liberation Theology

I put this guitar together using parts found on ebay and as you can see i haven't finished yet. Unfortunately i really put this thing through some bad paint jobs and finally decided to paint over everything with acrylic paint which is what you are seeing now.

This is my first pedal that i built myself, "Comrade overdrive". It is the "Tweak-o" project from smallbearelec.com. When i put the clear coat on the paint started peeling up (i really have bad luck with painting). I used acrylic to paint the hammer and sickle, "Comrade", and "gain" and "volume", and of course my mascot Chadwick (as seen above). Im going to be building another pedal very soon!

Last edited by Liberal-Jesus : 11-02-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Liberal-Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #64
carlidude

I was bored during the summer and saw a bunch of parts on eBay, so I went for a Gallagher/SRV sort of Strat relic. It came out quite nicely, still got some stuff left to do (get decent pickups and slap a Fender decal on the headstock), but it plays nicely for now. The body's from eBay, and the neck is from my old Pacifica 112M. Pickups are random unbranded single coils, but there is one genuine Fender part, the jack. Bridge is a vintage tremelo bridge from the old Pacifica, but only set up as a hard tail. It's got a nice playable low action, and is currently strung with Ernie Balls Super Slinkies. Not what I normally use, but I needed a thin guage because it didn't look like there was much string/neck clearance when I put on a spare string I had lying around. Anyway, picture time:

(It's the one that isn't gold.. the gold one's my Fender Stratocaster, remember the 50th Anniversary tacky gold ones they did? )

carlidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:08 PM   #65
dingo jones
The Great

this is my evh inspired strat i used a crappy cam to take the pic tho pm me if u want full details on the guitar
Attached Images

dingo jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #66
BlinkrOck!
UG's Chicken of the sea

ok folks... MIM strat with Dimarzio's and a new pickguard... ive yet to get the knobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

BlinkrOck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #67
Mascot
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson_marshal
heres my guitar its a jackson dk2 dinky with duncan humbucker malmsteen middle p up and a hot rail in neck also has gotoh gold machineheads and thts bout it

No picture? What a shame. Warned.
Mascot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:43 PM   #68
4real

Cool

Hi all...new to the forum...thought I'd introduce my heavily modified D.I.Y. sustainer, phase-0-caster...

It was a pawn shop cheapo strat with a ply and wood strip body that I use as a test bench for some ideas. I took a scroll saw to it to cut out that f-hole design, stripped of the paint and varnished it and routed out most of the underside of the pickguard so it is pretty much hollow and very light.

The electronics were completely rewired. There is a gibson style 3 way selector and the mid pickup fades in with the middle tone control into any setting allowing all but mid-alone setting to be selected. There are 3 mini switches where the old selector was. This selects the phase of the mid and neck pickups and a series/parrallel for the stacked bridge pickup.

But wait there's more....

I am AKA psw from the PG forum and this is my DIY sustainer guitar prototype! There are two switches (on/off and harmonic mode) and a very bright blue LED just above the jack socket. I routed out a cavity behind there to take the switches and circuit battery and leave room for further experiments...

The two extra knobs are for the sustainer sensitivity (which I now realize is not really very useful) and the other was for a piezo bug idea I was working on (worked ok but is not connected ATM)

The sustainer works really well and is kind of addictive. As far as I know it is the first and only pickup/driver combination. It works as a normal single coil (it's made from the original with no change in tone) and as a driver for infinite sustain!!!

There have been so many mods to this thing I forget them all. One good idea was to add washers under the machine heads to create a staggered pole effect allowing just a light pressure from a single string tree and creating extra mass at the headstock, helping with it's natural sustain. The bridge is a cheapo replacement and the trem will go to slack and up about 3 frets and still stays in tune pretty well...

Actually, the thing sounds pretty good, the tones are versitile and the switching surprisingly easy to use and the sustainer is out of this world. Hope you like...4real
4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #69
power freak
Counting to infinity...

Warnings for: Refugene and KrazyKusch21

Only post pictures please, no links to other threads.

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #70
slashnmash
UG's C-UNiT

The Herbiecaster

Ill change the pics once i get some better ones
EDIT: here they are

Last edited by slashnmash : 05-02-2006 at 12:12 PM.
slashnmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #71
tightrope

Here are some pics of my completed SRV #1 and my current finishing project, SRV's Charley Guitar. Still waiting for the lipstick pickups.

Last edited by tightrope : 02-03-2006 at 12:56 AM.
tightrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #72
SlipAway
Shiggidy Shwhat?

This is my first (and possibly last) custom guitar. It started out, as all guitars do, as a drawing:

Then I went through a number of color schemes until I came up with a blue burst:

After that, it took many months of work, with nothing more than a jigsaw and a dremel, and a lot of questions. I'm very happy with the end result though..still unnamed:

EDIT: (Forgot the specs)

BODY: Monkeypod (similar to mahogany)
Neck: Maple with Rosewood FIngerboard
--22 frets, custom inlay
--Scale: 24 3/4
--13 degree angled headstock

Hardware
--Gotoh Trem
--Grover Locking Tuners

Pickups
--Neck: Swineshead Runaway
--Bridge: Swineshead XBucker

anymore questions, PM me
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3

Last edited by SlipAway : 02-13-2006 at 08:39 PM.
SlipAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #73
jj1565
Officially Knighted

Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay

i switched the guards on the strats. the 62 deluxe MIA is now all white and the MIM got a couple of dimarzio stacked YM, and virtual vintage blues to go with the rails in the bridge.

oh and the white cover for the middle pup is on backorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #74
bullzeye
-

This guitar started as a epiphone strat copy that I got for cheap. It had some serious cosmetic and fret dammage. I gave the guitar a new paint job after I reshaped the body a little and added a tone hole. Then I got a new neck and bridge off a peavy predator and used those to replace the beat-up one that came with it. I didn't touch the electronics. They sounded great to begin with.
It's got a real twangy sound and sounds great for southern rock.
Attached Images

bullzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #75
sillybuuger12
VYVYAN YOU BASTARD!!

ok i did this ages ago for my bst mate's christmas/birthday present and only just got around to posting it.it's just a simply burst to black refinnish but hey why not?

sillybuuger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #76
Alexander_BR
Would You Kindly?

i didnt customize it, it was a luthier, but since this thread has been still for a while ill post it

he changed the pickups for dimarzios (a Fast Track 2 at the bridge and a Pro Track at the neck) and installed a toggle switch that activates coil splitting, he also installed a 5 way selector

the guitar

a close up

btw the red thing is a pick i forgot to take out for the picture
Old 04-23-2006, 07:23 AM   #77
northy
UG's Leader of Men

Talking

Started Off with an Encore KC-3 In thru purple
Took Out Pickguard, removed neck,brigde,output jack.
Bought new jackson style neck from ebay
Got Pre Assembled black 3 ply pickguard [B/W/B] with two wilkinson (yeah i know they're bad) double coils With electrics (1 tone 1 volume 3 way pickup select) put it black jackplate, Floyd Rose Locking Nut and Shaller Tuners in black
Not mutch compared to the others but sitl a pretty sweet looking, and sounding guitar.

Yeah sorry about the crappy pictures...
northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #78
smithpaul60
bandmember wannabe

Upto

this is my first build. It was a Saga kit off of ebay. they're not so bad after you fill and redrill a few holes and realign a few other parts. I also redid the wiring and plan on repacling the pup's with 2 tex-mex and a 59 or 57. Just gotta find the right price. The sound is nice though has a kind of koa flavor to it. which is what i wanted from it.
The paint is duplicolor for advance auto. Any thing that you can't see, under the pickguard and a few other places isn't painted. I striped those down to bare wood and put a thin coat of sealer but left it to breathe for tone reasons.
What you can't see is the scripture verses on the top side so i can look down while playing a read them. They are mainly about faith and hope.

smithpaul60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #79
Dr. No
UG Addict

I started off with a stock lite ash strat:

Changed the pickguard and put white knobs, and pup covers on and got:

Dr. No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #80
Lgndkllr777
Dem ducks doe

Its not done yet, i still wanna route the bridge area and put in a floyd rose bridge, and i wanna get a 2nd toggle switch wired on it... When it's done im hoping it will look like Tom Morello's "Soul Power" guitar.

I started out with a 2004 Fender Aerodyne, and from there I got a custom Mirror Pickguard for it, replaced the knobs with the chrome knobs, and got a hotrail pickup in the bridge.

THIS IS IT SO FAR:

THIS IS WHAT I WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Lgndkllr777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: