Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
defiance64
>:) Imma mad-smiley! Raha
 
defiance64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: :) Your house.
Defiance64 - Content List

__________________
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.

Last edited by defiance64 : 02-12-2011 at 09:19 PM.
defiance64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
bassburton
Multi Genre Influenced
 
bassburton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durango, Dgo, Mexico
This is quite good man. I really like the 1-3-7 chords in the beginning. I tend to use them a bit myself too. I'd lvoe to see the fninshed song. The main riff at bar 34 is done quite well too. The piano section provided a good build up to the full on riff. The drum n' bass ection could really evolve into something later in the song if you ask me. Like some sort of bridge.The little "chorus" riff at the end also added quite nicely to the main riff. That could really work as a chorus.

C4C?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1315081
__________________
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....


Victor Gutierrez
bassburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
frankibo
UG Board King
 
Join Date: May 2007
It's decent enough metalcore, the chords give it a post hardcore vibe which makes it seem less generic which is good. Like the piano part a lot.
The first riff is either 4 bars of 3/4 or 6/8 or 2 bars of 6/4 or 12/8 depending on how you wanna write it. It's not 4/4 though.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
defiance64
>:) Imma mad-smiley! Raha
 
defiance64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: :) Your house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
It's decent enough metalcore, the chords give it a post hardcore vibe which makes it seem less generic which is good. Like the piano part a lot.
The first riff is either 4 bars of 3/4 or 6/8 or 2 bars of 6/4 or 12/8 depending on how you wanna write it. It's not 4/4 though.

That is the least important thing to me. The song itself is what matters most. But that's just my opinion
__________________
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
defiance64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
salamander121
Drummer
 
salamander121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arran, West Scotland
Pretty decent song so far man, you certainly make the stereotypes of metalcore a lot more interesting.

The intro has a great chord progression and actually sounds more post-hardcore than metalcore but it all moulds into the next parts so well - the piano part.
You really blend it nicely into this softer part that still acts as a sort of "Intro pt. 2". Like said above you do have a few time sig errors but thats no real biggy if your just using this for reference in recording.
Bars 34+ don't really cut it for me. It's round about here that you seem to lose the creativity you had in the past two sections and dive into easy-to-write metalcore riffs. This part, however, should be okay as long as you continue to weave this post-hardcore thing you have going in with the metalcore style. The results should be interesting.

8/10 so far. No need to return a crit.
__________________
My main band in which I play bass guitar: Touring Barcelona

My solo stuff: Finlay Cable (Soundcloud)
salamander121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:57 AM   #6
frankibo
UG Board King
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiance64
That is the least important thing to me. The song itself is what matters most. But that's just my opinion


Well it just helps if you have songs in the right time signatures. It makes writing drum parts a lot easier and more to the point it's just the correct way to write it.
And i don't care much for your opinion if you don't care for mine.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
defiance64
>:) Imma mad-smiley! Raha
 
defiance64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: :) Your house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
Well it just helps if you have songs in the right time signatures. It makes writing drum parts a lot easier and more to the point it's just the correct way to write it.
And i don't care much for your opinion if you don't care for mine.

See everyone on this forum takes what everyone says out of context. I didn't mean to come off as rude and not caring about your opinion. I was just stating that I would much rather have the song tabbed, but you assume I meant to be b-word-y. Not to sound b-word-y with this, but I'm not asking for you to critique my opinions. I'm asking about the song. People need to grow up. I've been here for over 3 years and people seem to get riled up (and wanting to get riled up) about the most irrelevant things. Take the flamethrowers elsewhere.
__________________
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
defiance64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #8
frankibo
UG Board King
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiance64
See everyone on this forum takes what everyone says out of context. I didn't mean to come off as rude and not caring about your opinion. I was just stating that I would much rather have the song tabbed, but you assume I meant to be b-word-y. Not to sound b-word-y with this, but I'm not asking for you to critique my opinions. I'm asking about the song. People need to grow up. I've been here for over 3 years and people seem to get riled up (and wanting to get riled up) about the most irrelevant things. Take the flamethrowers elsewhere.


All I'm saying is it's good practice to write in the correct time signatures.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.