Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #61
JamesLPs
UG's only ununique person

Is the rebel 20 any good? I have seen the head for less than 400 and think it looks awesome and from the yt videos it's awesome, i'd be using my marshall cab (With 112 vintage celestion speaker) to slave the head if I got it.. Any ideas?

How does it compare to other egnators? the rebel 30 is all i can find in a similar price range to be honest, so how will it compare to my jcm800 or any more amps you'd like to mention?

Thanks.

HELLO!

JamesLPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #62
SLonergan
UG's Everlasting Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLPs
Is the rebel 20 any good? I have seen the head for less than 400 and think it looks awesome and from the yt videos it's awesome, i'd be using my marshall cab (With 112 vintage celestion speaker) to slave the head if I got it.. Any ideas?

How does it compare to other egnators? the rebel 30 is all i can find in a similar price range to be honest, so how will it compare to my jcm800 or any more amps you'd like to mention?

Thanks.

First of all... Egnater*

Second, the Rebel 20 is awesome. The main difference between the 20 and the 30 is that the 30 has 2 channels, and the overdrive channel has slightly more gain.

You won't regret buying that amp, its great.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
SLonergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
Jhachey22
Bαnned on the Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLPs

Thanks.

If you only need one channel, it's an awesome amp on the cheap. If you have a half decent boost, like a Boss BD2, MXR Wylde OD, Tubescreamer clone, etc, you can easily get jcm800 sounds out of it.

Don't let the 20 watt rating fool you, either. the thing get's pretty damn loud. When I'm practicing at home, i have to keep the volume below 9 o'clock.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.

Last edited by Jhachey22 : 07-24-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Jhachey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #64
JamesLPs
UG's only ununique person

Sorry man I don't know why but whenever I write egnater without thinking my hands type out egnator instead, natural habit I guess,

oh so there isn't too much difference - if you both think they're great I'll check them out, but they'd have to be pretty awesome to help me justify two nads in the same month .

Thanks guys and by the way these thinks look absoloutley gorgeous which attracted me in the first place.

HELLO!

JamesLPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #65
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

Got my Tweaker in finally, loving the thing after some experimenting with the sound.

I still think the UK mode is really boomy!
Countless pedals...
sixstringedmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #66
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

Is there a thread on tube usage and/or settings on the tweaker? Thinking about a tung sol in v1 to add a bit more gain. Thoughts?
Countless pedals...
Old 07-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #67
SLonergan
UG's Everlasting Noob

Does anyone know if the Renegade supports Midi switching?

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #68
I am wet
Registered User of Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLonergan
Does anyone know if the Renegade supports Midi switching?

for switching the channels?

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I am wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:24 PM   #69
SLonergan
UG's Everlasting Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am wet
for switching the channels?

Yeah. I'm planning on setting up a rack...it would be nice if I could do channel switching with a different footswitch, so I can assign different effects combinations to different presets.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #70
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstringedmatt
Is there a thread on tube usage and/or settings on the tweaker? Thinking about a tung sol in v1 to add a bit more gain. Thoughts?

for whatever reason, i found an EH 12ax7 in v1 helped clear things up a bit. i don't think it added gain though. on the hot setting i basically don't get the gain over 3:00. we must play a bit different type of stuff tho. also a jj in v3. i still have some stuff to try but that's the best cheap preamp tube swap out i can rec. all jj's really didn't do it for me. maybe a tung sol would be good, i should try that as well.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #71
I am wet
Registered User of Water

Quote:
Yeah. I'm planning on setting up a rack...it would be nice if I could do channel switching with a different footswitch, so I can assign different effects combinations to different presets.

i dont think it can, the footswitch has 2 cables coming out the back that go to the different channels and then the reverb/fx/booster

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I am wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 PM   #72
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
It doesn't sound as great as it should. Its okay, but for the money you can get a much better amp...such as the Egnater Renegade!

+1

Renegade is the better amp imo and I've played both.

I do not believe the Renegade has Midi, here are some specs tho:

# Individual Reverb on Each Channel with "Spillover"
# Main and Secondary Master Volumes
# Four-Button Footswitch with Channel Select Plus:
# Assign the REVERB, EFFECTS LOOP and MAIN 2 Volume to Just Channel 1, Just Channel 2 or Both - Right From the Pedal
# Simple Master Bias Adjust with External Test Points
# Buffered Effects Loop
# Balanced XLR / " Cabinet Voiced Line / Recording
Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #73
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
What kinda volume we talking here? And thanks!

Moneys tight as I am going to GWU for graduate studies. Is it worth getting the el34s over better preamp tunes or v.v.?

cross thread post ftw, i didn't want to spam that guys thread about speakers so i posted this here.

you'd spend $50 tops between an EH12ax7, jjel34s, and a jj12ax7.

honestly, i'd go with the preamp tubes first though if you can't swing the whole deal.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #74
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

I have a old eh preamp tube from my 5150. May give her a whirl. Also have a relatively new tung sol too. I'll see how that goes perhaps. I may be able to swing 50 bones!

Nice thread hop by the way haha
Countless pedals...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #75
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
I have a old eh preamp tube from my 5150. May give her a whirl. Also have a relatively new tung sol too. I'll see how that goes perhaps. I may be able to swing 50 bones!

Nice thread hop by the way haha

hell yea, try one tube at a time in V1 and V3. one will sound better in one of the positions. both the jj and the eh sounded better in v1 than the stock tube. but of the two i preferred the eh, the notes are "clearer" or "more evident" is all i can say. the jj in v3 works fine, a relatively slight difference from the stock to my ears. i've wanted a tung sol to mess with, i've heard good things.

the jjel34s were $30 or $35 i believe. most places price match (sam ash, guitar center, sweetwater), so tube depot is the cheapest place i've found, there are probably cheaper places so it's worth looking around.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #76
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

I'll potentially do that tomorrow. Is it real tight on there? Anything on reach i shouldn't touch? I was lucky with the Blackstar and 5150 there was nothing I could acccidentally touch and kill myself.

Also I never really changed tubes so much back and forth like I think I will be with the tweaker. When I start swapping within hours of each other do I need to use contact cleaned EVERYTIME I put in a new tube?
Countless pedals...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #77
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
I'll potentially do that tomorrow. Is it real tight on there? Anything on reach i shouldn't touch? I was lucky with the Blackstar and 5150 there was nothing I could acccidentally touch and kill myself.

Also I never really changed tubes so much back and forth like I think I will be with the tweaker. When I start swapping within hours of each other do I need to use contact cleaned EVERYTIME I put in a new tube?

it's not too tight, i have big hands and didn't really have a problem. v1 is the hardest one. (i think i took v2 out of the way) there isn't anything external of the chassis to worry about touching. i always unplug the amp when changing tubes, but never use contact cleaner honestly. (bolded is not a recommendation, just a statement of fact lol).

report back on how it goes, i'm interested in hearing where you like the tung sol best.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #78
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

Really? I thought you should use something like that when you switch them to help with gunk? Do you use anything?

I'll either do it tomorrow or Tuesday. It's getting busy on my end with getting ready for school/relocation to dc. But when I do you're top priority on who I get back to haha.
Countless pedals...
Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #79
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
Really? I thought you should use something like that when you switch them to help with gunk? Do you use anything?

I'll either do it tomorrow or Tuesday. It's getting busy on my end with getting ready for school/relocation to dc. But when I do you're top priority on who I get back to haha.

just post in here, others certainly would want to know too.

i've used some contact cleaner on older ones but mostly i've worked with new tubes on a new amp so i wasn't that concerned with it. again, not a rec, just a fact.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #80
sixstringedmatt
Guitaroholic

Heres a crunchy Tweaker setting I have been using lately that I am in love with

Modern | Master to taste | AC | Treble ~2oclock | Mid 3oclock | Bass ~2oclock | Hot | Gain @ noon | Bright | Tight

I then boost with my OD, no added gain, just a boost. I'm in heaven.
Countless pedals...

Rate This Thread: