Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Best Dexter Villain
Ice Truck Killer 15 28.30%
Dokes 2 3.77%
The Skinner 1 1.89%
The Trinity Killer- Arthur Mitchell 34 64.15%
Other 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Showtime's Dexter: The Official Thread

This thread is for the discussion of Showtime's series Dexter.

If you haven't seen all the episodes and don't want the ending to be spoiled please exit this thread now.

How about we start things off with a simple poll?
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
GbAdimDb5m7
UG's Nutsack
 
GbAdimDb5m7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In a galaxy far, far away, Israel.
I like it where Dee-Dee goes into his lab and pushes the button.


I kid I kid,I watched the show Dexter but really didnt find it that interesting,the weird ass intro scared me at first,focusing on blood and stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.


Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
GbAdimDb5m7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
i like the music to it... especially with a good sub...it has a nice bass line
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
gallagher2006
UG Addict
 
gallagher2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Does anyone else find it a bit weird that this show about a serial killer killing because "people deserved it" has got glowing reviews, and the slightly violent video game industry where you play a guy killing because "people deserved it" gets alot of criticism?

I've never actually seen the show though. Looks alright.
__________________
gallagher2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
yeah that is a little strange...but it is a good show
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Eccer
Serial Lurker
 
Eccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher2006
Does anyone else find it a bit weird that this show about a serial killer killing because "people deserved it" has got glowing reviews, and the slightly violent video game industry where you play a guy killing because "people deserved it" gets alot of criticism?

I've never actually seen the show though. Looks alright.



Pretty ignorant I must say. Watch the show, then comment.

But pretty weird nonetheless
__________________
Current pieces:
More
Alcohol's a...
We're catching ships in the Rye
Eccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
gallagher2006
UG Addict
 
gallagher2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccer
Pretty ignorant I must say. Watch the show, then comment.


In what way is what I posted in any way ignorant? Did I say I was opposed to the show, despite not watching it? I was pointing out how it was given glowing reviews regarding its subject matter. If anything, it was a criticism of the media picking and choosing what they want to hate.

EDIT: I MIGHT have gotten the wrong end of the stick here, but probably not
__________________
gallagher2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
okay...lets keep it about the show please...
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
I absolutely must find somewhere to watch all the seasons. I'm currently unemployed so I'm trying to streth my $1300 on essentials, and box sets of Dexter sadly isn't essential.

Anyone know where I can find them (that isn't a torrent site)?
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
Soul Power
Butt-Foam
 
Soul Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: El Paso, Texas
I loved Dokes as Dexter's adversary. That season had me on edge the entire way through.
__________________
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

Soul Power
Soul Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Power
I loved Dokes as Dexter's adversary. That season had me on edge the entire way through.
I just thought it was great because he was such a hilarious stereotypically scripted black man. Saying stuff like "Im goin' find somethin' that's gonna stick to yo ass" and "Can we please secure this motha****in' crime scene?!"

So good
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
I absolutely must find somewhere to watch all the seasons. I'm currently unemployed so I'm trying to streth my $1300 on essentials, and box sets of Dexter sadly isn't essential.

Anyone know where I can find them (that isn't a torrent site)?


maybe try Hulu...idk my friend downloads them all from somewhere...maybe just google it


and i Love dokes's character....well i love to hate him hahaha
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #13
d(^o^)b
Phorum Sheikh
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UAE
dokes is not really a villian

its either the trinity killer or the ice truck killer
__________________
Quote:
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

Quote:
we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
d(^o^)b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #14
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
you are right...dokes wasn't a villain persay...but he was a threat to dexter...and i hate the character haha
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #15
toby3p0
New avatar *****es
 
toby3p0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angusman60
you are right...dokes wasn't a villain persay...but he was a threat to dexter...and i hate the character haha

Dokes was nothing compared to Dexter's true enemy:
__________________
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea

Eventually

toby3p0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
that was low :p
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby3p0
Dokes was nothing compared to Dexter's true enemy:
[img]*Mandark*[/img]


But Dexter is so much better than that cartoon! Why must our nice threads be riddled with him and that fat ginger?!
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 AM   #18
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
i know!! gosh i had that problem with the other one >.<
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #19
jmonko
meh
 
jmonko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
lol, because Dexters Lab is in every way better.
__________________
ಠ_ಠ
jmonko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #20
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
 
Angusman60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
i disagree
__________________
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche


My Website
Angusman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.