Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #61
The_Sophist
You're real man, real
 
The_Sophist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: directly above the center of the earth
I had the Galaxy S for half a month and it pooped out on me, so I got the Iphone 4. Having trouble with it to.

In short, **** smartphones.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
The_Sophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #62
Das_Skittles
Misanthrope
 
Das_Skittles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I have Motorola Flipside. Coming from having only used phones for calls and texts, it's pretty awesome.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.
My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Das_Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #63
esther_mouse
the squeaky elite
 
esther_mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England
I bought an Orange San Francisco recently (ZTE Blade). I bought it for 100 (plus an annoying obligatory 10 top up), on PAYG, then we unlocked it, rooted it, de-Oranged it ('cause Orange suck), and I use it with my O2 PAYG account. When I top up 10, I get 300 free UK texts and 500mb of mobile data, which lasts until the end of the month. If I run out of mobile data, or reach the end of the month and don't feel like topping up to get more mobile data free, it costs me a pound a day to use mobile data.

Which is a pretty good deal

And I love my phone, it's really great. I can't recommend any apps in particular, because I don't know what you like; but one that is pretty useful for 2.1 is LinkPush, which is like chrometophone. My boyfriend made it, and it pushes links from your browser (Chrome or Firefox) to your phone, provided you're logged in to your Google account. http://linkpush.appspot.com/

What other apps do I have...I have a couple of sciencey ones, which list formulas and the like. I have a scientific calculator. I have a Japanese-English dictionary, and some practise cards for kanji, I have Google Sky map, which you should DEFINITELY have a look at, because it's pretty cool (even if you're not into astronomy). Google Shopper and Google Goggles are also very cool, check those out, and Barcode Scanner is useful for identifying products online by scanning IRL barcodes and QR codes.

What else...I use My Tracks for exercise purposes; it records my route, speed, elevation, time taken, etc, and sends it to my Google account as a document and as a map, so I can save what I've done as a spreadsheet, organised by different types of activity...I can then share this with friends if I wish. That's pretty neat too.

I also have Skype installed, because hey, free calls. And Google Talk, of course...what else...I use Meebo IM for MSN, and yaaic for IRC. For reading PDF files (I read my course textbooks on my phone sometimes) I use ezPDF reader, which is the only one I've mentioned so far which is not free; Adobe Reader is rubbish and crashes.

YouTube and YouTube Remote (lets you control YouTube vids on your computer, from your phone) are pretty neat, also. Erm...can't think of anything else in particular. Oh! Important one - NetCounter. It measures your internet usage - WiFi and mobile. Pretty useful for keeping track of your allotted mobile data. I also have the WiFi reconnect widget, because with my phone, it doesn't always reconnect to the WiFi when it should.

Anyway I think that's enough app-spamming for today :| Hope that's of some use, lol.
__________________
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
esther_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #64
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsdummy
Didn't have a choice, my friend. XD

I was contractually obligated to T-Mobile and my only choices at the time were the HD2 or the severely underpowered MyTouch3G


Well it's practically the same hardware, so I guess it's all worked out if you managed to root and flash android

Quote:
Originally Posted by esther_mouse
I bought an Orange San Francisco recently (ZTE Blade). I bought it for 100 (plus an annoying obligatory 10 top up), on PAYG, then we unlocked it, rooted it, de-Oranged it ('cause Orange suck), and I use it with my O2 PAYG account. When I top up 10, I get 300 free UK texts and 500mb of mobile data, which lasts until the end of the month. If I run out of mobile data, or reach the end of the month and don't feel like topping up to get more mobile data free, it costs me a pound a day to use mobile data.

Which is a pretty good deal

And I love my phone, it's really great. I can't recommend any apps in particular, because I don't know what you like; but one that is pretty useful for 2.1 is LinkPush, which is like chrometophone. My boyfriend made it, and it pushes links from your browser (Chrome or Firefox) to your phone, provided you're logged in to your Google account. http://linkpush.appspot.com/

What other apps do I have...I have a couple of sciencey ones, which list formulas and the like. I have a scientific calculator. I have a Japanese-English dictionary, and some practise cards for kanji, I have Google Sky map, which you should DEFINITELY have a look at, because it's pretty cool (even if you're not into astronomy). Google Shopper and Google Goggles are also very cool, check those out, and Barcode Scanner is useful for identifying products online by scanning IRL barcodes and QR codes.

What else...I use My Tracks for exercise purposes; it records my route, speed, elevation, time taken, etc, and sends it to my Google account as a document and as a map, so I can save what I've done as a spreadsheet, organised by different types of activity...I can then share this with friends if I wish. That's pretty neat too.

I also have Skype installed, because hey, free calls. And Google Talk, of course...what else...I use Meebo IM for MSN, and yaaic for IRC. For reading PDF files (I read my course textbooks on my phone sometimes) I use ezPDF reader, which is the only one I've mentioned so far which is not free; Adobe Reader is rubbish and crashes.

YouTube and YouTube Remote (lets you control YouTube vids on your computer, from your phone) are pretty neat, also. Erm...can't think of anything else in particular. Oh! Important one - NetCounter. It measures your internet usage - WiFi and mobile. Pretty useful for keeping track of your allotted mobile data. I also have the WiFi reconnect widget, because with my phone, it doesn't always reconnect to the WiFi when it should.

Anyway I think that's enough app-spamming for today :| Hope that's of some use, lol.


That really is a good deal, that's pretty cheap for a really low. As for apps, I have a pretty awesome scientific calculator called handycalc, it can draw graphs too, which is impressive. I've got the Skype/Meebo thing too, as well as goggles and skymap. As for PDFs I'm using documents to go, which includes a pdf reader, but also has a word processor and a spreadsheet editor. I don't know if you read a lot of ebooks, but if you do, Kindle is a GREAT app. I haven't even bought any books off it yet, I've downloaded ebooks in .mobi format and read them in Kindle - currently working my way through Pratchett's entire Discworld series

For anybody who's interested in prettifying their homescreens, may I recommend SimiClock, Minimal Text Widget (can display time, date, weather, battery, etc) and beautiful weather. All free.
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #65
esther_mouse
the squeaky elite
 
esther_mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBishek
Well it's practically the same hardware, so I guess it's all worked out if you managed to root and flash android



That really is a good deal, that's pretty cheap for a really low. As for apps, I have a pretty awesome scientific calculator called handycalc, it can draw graphs too, which is impressive. I've got the Skype/Meebo thing too, as well as goggles and skymap. As for PDFs I'm using documents to go, which includes a pdf reader, but also has a word processor and a spreadsheet editor. I don't know if you read a lot of ebooks, but if you do, Kindle is a GREAT app. I haven't even bought any books off it yet, I've downloaded ebooks in .mobi format and read them in Kindle - currently working my way through Pratchett's entire Discworld series

For anybody who's interested in prettifying their homescreens, may I recommend SimiClock, Minimal Text Widget (can display time, date, weather, battery, etc) and beautiful weather. All free.


Yeah, I don't really read ebooks on my PC or my phone because the screens do my head in (I'm prone to migraines and tension headaches already). Also I'm disinclined to buy books unless they're physical copies, lol Google Books is pretty cool too, and Google Reader is useful for RSS feeds.
__________________
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
esther_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #66
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Quote:
Originally Posted by esther_mouse
Yeah, I don't really read ebooks on my PC or my phone because the screens do my head in (I'm prone to migraines and tension headaches already). Also I'm disinclined to buy books unless they're physical copies, lol Google Books is pretty cool too, and Google Reader is useful for RSS feeds.


That's true enough. Sucks about the tension headaches though.
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #67
RampagingAcorn
UG's Ninja Platypus
 
RampagingAcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Under a Rock
I got a Droid 2, pretty awesome phone.
__________________
What are you dense?
Are you ******ed or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.
April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob
RampagingAcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #68
physicsdummy
UG's Loveable Rascal
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBishek
Well it's practically the same hardware, so I guess it's all worked out if you managed to root and flash android


I have, Android is running off NAND and not SD, it's almost eerie how well it runs on the phone, feels like it was made to but HTC scrapped it last minute and went with Windows.
__________________
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*

My babies:

Epiphone Les Paul (Honeyburst)
Fender MiM Strat (Classic Black/White)
Epiphone Riviera (Wine Red)

Last edited by physicsdummy : 01-30-2011 at 07:47 PM.
physicsdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #69
blue_bogan
Had his avatar first.
 
blue_bogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBanks6
yepp 55$ a month, our plans are absolute shit in Canada because there are only 3 major phone companies that run a monopoly together with no competition

Thats not a monopoly then
__________________
Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
blue_bogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #70
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
 
JimmyBanks6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
So recently i rooted my desire,
and flashed on a gingerbread rom Oxygen

thing runs like a top now, insane the speed difference from sense to a practically 100% clean rom.

Definitely suggest rooting and flashing in a better rom if their is development for your type of phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bogan
Thats not a monopoly then


oligopoly wow, useful post bro.

just as price fixed as gasoline.
__________________
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!


wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.


aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius


GO SENS GO

Last edited by JimmyBanks6 : 01-30-2011 at 08:01 PM.
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #71
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Bamp, googlefags.

Just flashed CM7.0.3 - Gingerbread is fukken awesome, man.



Tell me what you think of my latest pimping, click the image for the big version.
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS

Last edited by LordBishek : 05-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #72
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
 
JimmyBanks6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
hey Ash,
another sick eng app that just came out is AutoCAD WS
__________________
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!


wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.


aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius


GO SENS GO
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #73
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Oh snap! *googles*
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #74
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Just realised I had no use for it though because I'm not a civil engineer

I tell you what, if they had one for Solidworks or CATIA, I'd be all over it though
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #75
JimmyBanks6
Cant Steal Ma Santa Hat
 
JimmyBanks6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
lol oh okay,

its still a pretty cool app just to screw with
__________________
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!


wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.


aparently i ar smrt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius


GO SENS GO
JimmyBanks6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #76
Ostinattos
UG's diff. geometer
 
Ostinattos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mexico City , Mexico
I have a LG Optimus One , it's got Froyo (or something) the only problem so far is that to set a .mp3 as your ringtone you need to download an app.

You should get the barscanner app since it makes easier to find the apps you want to download.
__________________
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos
Why not Zoidberg?


Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Ostinattos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #77
Thrashtastic15
Golden
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBanks6
oligopoly wow, useful post bro.

just as price fixed as gasoline.

quoting the old post first to give a +1

and secondly to say that you can get decent plans with your phones if you or someone in your family is a long time customer with one of the companies. I got a sick deal on my phone, as did my dad, since he has been with Telus for 10 odd years or something.

@ new post, I'm running an unrooted Milestone with 2.1 "update1 (im not sure what that update was lol)". What would you recommend I do with it to make it sexier?
Thrashtastic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #78
Diamond Dave
1984
 
Diamond Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBishek
Bamp, googlefags.

Just flashed CM7.0.3 - Gingerbread is fukken awesome, man.



Tell me what you think of my latest pimping, click the image for the big version.

yeah I've upgraded to that too, its sick hey

what theme is that by the way? and where do you get them from? I've only found some far more basic looking ones.
__________________
$100AUD Super Strat Build

Kasabian - Fire fan video/uni work. Watch it!

Jackson Dinky with TB-11 + SH-1 Pickups & Gotoh Floyd Rose
Washburn D10S
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
Fulltone OCD
MXR 6 Band EQ
Laney VC15
Hayden 2x12
Diamond Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #79
LordBishek
ಠ_ಠ
 
LordBishek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A stranger in a stranger land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostinattos
I have a LG Optimus One , it's got Froyo (or something) the only problem so far is that to set a .mp3 as your ringtone you need to download an app.

You should get the barscanner app since it makes easier to find the apps you want to download.


Seconded. Google goggles will do it as well, but the barscanner is pretty good.

What ringtone manager are you using then? Ringdroid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
yeah I've upgraded to that too, its sick hey

what theme is that by the way? and where do you get them from? I've only found some far more basic looking ones.


It's a custom theme that I made using the Ultimate Online Theme ******* - very easy, very quick. If you have a Desire HD running CM7, I can send you the flashable zip, but I can't guarantee it'll work for other phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
quoting the old post first to give a +1

and secondly to say that you can get decent plans with your phones if you or someone in your family is a long time customer with one of the companies. I got a sick deal on my phone, as did my dad, since he has been with Telus for 10 odd years or something.

@ new post, I'm running an unrooted Milestone with 2.1 "update1 (im not sure what that update was lol)". What would you recommend I do with it to make it sexier?


Sexier how? In terms of widgets, or theming?
__________________
Oh my love, though our bodies may be parted,
Though our skin may not touch skin
Look for me with the sun-bright swallow,
I will come on the breath of the wind


JOHN BUTLER TRIO||KAKI KING||IRON & WINE||ELLIOTT SMITH


I'M UNCONDITIONALLY HERS

Last edited by LordBishek : 05-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.
LordBishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #80
Ostinattos
UG's diff. geometer
 
Ostinattos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mexico City , Mexico
Rings Extended.


Also if you don't want to download an app , you can connect your phone to your PC and create a folder named "ringtones" , save your music there and then the phone will recognize it as ringtones.
__________________
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos
Why not Zoidberg?


Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Ostinattos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.