Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Suggest Something Fun?

ĎSup, Pit.

Recently, Iíve come to the conclusion that I need to engage in some sort of physical activity that is exciting, requires little though, and that will allow me to unleash the warrior within. I need something fun, energetic and that will help me feel alive again. Perhaps risky, even.

What activities do you all do, and what activities would you suggest?
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
metal4eva_22
Banned

Get a hooker.
metal4eva_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
CoreysMonster
Banned

Whatever you do, don't do stupid frat shit like Tough Mudder.

You live in Scotland, you have one of the most unique landscapes on the planet. Go hiking, go running, go take a stick and try to take down a boar with your bare hands.

Disclaimer: Don't actually try to take down a boar with your bare hands
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
WhiskeyFace
NSFW

Krav Maga. It's good fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Forget the fundamentals of filmmaking, this thread needs the fundamentals of condom wearing.
'There is hope - but not for us'
WhiskeyFace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Whatever you do, don't do stupid frat shit like Tough Mudder.

You live in Scotland, you have one of the most unique landscapes on the planet. Go hiking, go running, go take a stick and try to take down a boar with your bare hands.

Nah, I'm not really into organised events or clubs.

To be honest, that's kinda what I feel like doing: just putting running gear, going out into nature and treating it like a playground.

Thanks.

EDIT: I maybe wouldn't mind boxing or something either, but I tried that when I was 9 and quit because it was clear that I was going to get brain damage. Haha.
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void

Last edited by guitarist41 : 06-30-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Joshua Garcia
has a snake in his shoes

Get a Wii.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
Krav Maga. It's good fun.

Looked this up on Wiki. Sounds pretty cool.

Thanks, man.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #8
Masquirina
:)

Learn a martial art

Run up a tree

Juggle knives

Tornado chase

Drop coins into a swirly donation thing and watch it go, wheeeeee

Bark at someone every time they move, but have them do the same thing so you just stand there low-growling at each other for an hour

Babysit for someone you know who has toddlers to give them a break. Last time I did this, I returned from a 2 minute bathroom break and the 4 year-old was running around outside, and the 2 year-old was spinning around with my backpack over his head.
Masquirina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Joshua Garcia
has a snake in his shoes

Ride a horse.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Get a Wii.

They suck.

Apart from the golf game.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Joshua Garcia
has a snake in his shoes

Go in an elevator and push all the buttons.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquirina
Bark at someone every time they move, but have them do the same thing so you just stand there low-growling at each other for an hour

Babysit for someone you know who has toddlers to give them a break. Last time I did this, I returned from a 2 minute bathroom break and the 4 year-old was running around outside, and the 2 year-old was spinning around with my backpack over his head.

I do both of these already, haha.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

I need adrenaline all the time, plus I would never dream of working out so I have to stay fit somehow. Today I rode my motocross 2 hrs and windsurfed Atlantic waves 2 hrs, then played guitar 3 hrs. Probably about the same again tomorrow, watching Dexter season premier now, meh
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempoe
I need adrenaline all the time, plus I would never dream of working out so I have to stay fit somehow. Today I rode my motocross 2 hrs and windsurfed Atlantic waves 2 hrs, then played guitar 3 hrs. Probably about the same again tomorrow, watching Dexter season premier now, meh

Yep, I want to get fit too, but I also would never just lift weights or go on the treadmill or something.

EDIT: That's the word I was looking for: I need adrenaline.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled

Parkour

JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist41
To be honest, that's kinda what I feel like doing: just putting running gear, going out into nature and treating it like a playground.

I always like to tell the story about the time me and a friend chased a white stag (an albino deer) through a large Northern German forest for about six hours, through and over all terrain. THAT is the kind of stuff that feels badass. Not crawling under barbed wire like some wanna-be soldier.

I don't have anywhere near that kind of stamina anymore, but man, that feeling of being like "What, a wild river? That's not an obstacle. Some wild swamp? I used my wits to navigate through it. There's a thick brush of thorny bushes? I emerged scratched and panting." is what makes you feel good. I hate the fact I've lost that, even being only 24.

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 06-30-2013 at 09:45 PM.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
Parkour

I used to make fun of people who did that, but now I get it.

But I can totally imagine me smashing my face into a wall after the first 10 seconds.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
Joshua Garcia
has a snake in his shoes

Ride a scooter at a skate park.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Wookie_Fighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Get a hooker.

This had to be the only answer OP was hoping for, it just fits his wording too perfectly.
Wookie_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I always like to tell the story about the time me and a friend chased a white stage (an albino deer) through a large Northern German forest for about six hours, through and over all terrain. THAT is the kind of stuff that feels badass. Not crawling under barbed wire like some wanna-be soldier.

I don't have anywhere near that kind of stamina anymore, but man, that feeling of being like "What, a wild river? That's not an obstacle. Some wild swamp? I used my wits to navigate through it. There's a thick brush of thorny bushes? I emerged scratched and panting." is what makes you feel good. I hate the fact I've lost that, even being only 24.

That sounds awesome. Especially running through the bushes and just being like "**** it. Let's go."

I'm 23, and I was really active as a child and in my early teens, and I feel like I've lost it. It's sad.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: